Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over charged last month was promised the amount would be deduced from this month bill

Options
  • 13-01-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Last month I noticed that I was being overcharged : billed almost 65 instead of the usual 50.

I called 1901, spoke to a certain Ross who after inotially stating that it was a 6 month promotion that had ended, finally admited that itwas a mistake that happened on several accounts. He also promissed me that the mistake would be corrected this month and that the amount and that the amount overpaid would also be discounted. Of course it hasn't happened and my bill for this month is 53 instead of 40. I am not able to trust anything said on the phone by Eir and would like this problem to be resolved rapidly in writing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

awanderer wrote: »
    Last month I noticed that I was being overcharged : billed almost 65 instead of the usual 50.

I called 1901, spoke to a certain Ross who after inotially stating that it was a 6 month promotion that had ended, finally admited that itwas a mistake that happened on several accounts. He also promissed me that the mistake would be corrected this month and that the amount and that the amount overpaid would also be discounted. Of course it hasn't happened and my bill for this month is 53 instead of 40. I am not able to trust anything said on the phone by Eir and would like this problem to be resolved rapidly in writing.
    Hi awanderer

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look further in to this for you

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi awanderer

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look further in to this for you

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Could you confirm that you received the PM with my account number I sent earlier.

Thanks in advance

Hi awanderer

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Could you confirm that you received the PM with my account number I sent earlier.

Thanks in advance
    Hi awanderer

Yes I received it thank you - I should have an update for you later today

Cheers
    Al

Hi awanderer

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks in advance
    Hi awanderer

Yes I received it thank you - I should have an update for you later today

Cheers
    Al
    Still waiting for that update

So I summarise my problem again.

Last month, I was overcharged by more than € 10 euros €65 euros instead of slightly over 50 (I barely ever make phone calls and only pay to get reliable broadband so the bill has alaays been around 50)

December 21, I call Eir at 2.10 pm and after stating otherwise, a certain Ross admits it is a mistake of which several other customers have been victims.

I am not offered to pay the amount I owe but am asked to pay  the full amount billed (overcharge included) and wait until the next month to get a refund of the amount overpaid (already shows the level of customer service Eir is aiming for. I worked long enough in customer support however not to make an agent responsible of his company policy and remain calm and polite)

Having previously dealt with Eircom, I am weary about promises made over the phone but Ross insists that contrary to Eircom, Eir can be trusted.

A  month later, as expected, my new bill doesn't show a discount for the amount overpaid.

Knowing that I can't believe the promises Eir makes by phone, I contact you through Boards.ie.

After 24 hours and despite having provided the information requested, I still have no news but a post states I will get an update later in the day.

That update of course never happened.

If anyone can suggest a next step that would make Eir somehow take notice,  please Pm me. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

ha ha ha, Eir or Eircom actually billing correctly? Now theres a joke! 

They agreed to cancel my international calls package and additional TV packages and as a result of continued bad service from their box, give me a deal of 40 per month for the remaining 6 months of my contract. (40 x 6 = 240 euro)

First bill 101. Oh, the refund will be next month, next bill 98 euro. No refund. Cancelled by direct debit and wrote, emailed, messaged and called Eircom. Last week got a letter from a debt collection agency demanding an outstanding amount of 338 euro!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If anyone can suggest a next step that would make Eir somehow take notice,  please Pm me. 

I suggest you make a formal complaint to eir (eir reps here may be able to resolve it but this forum is not part of formal complaint process).
    Read this http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice and this http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints_and_queries.51.LE.asp

Ten Pin wrote: »

I suggest you make a formal complaint to eir (eir reps here may be able to resolve it but this forum is not part of formal complaint process).
    Read this http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice and this http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints_and_queries.51.LE.asp
    Thanks for the links, the second one anyway as the first states that 10 working days (2 weeks!!) Is the time customers are supposed to expect for a reply if they send an email or a letter. I remember Eir contacting us about a payment late by a few days (it had already  been paid at the Post Office but had not yet reached them). So they are much faster to claim a payment that resolve an issue and certainly won't let me wait until this issue is resolved to pay my bill. As for the phone, whatever they say seems to be denied later (my experience but also according to other thread, the experience of others). So I guess the "chat" is the only option left to try. And the second link of course.
    It seems incredible that a company is able to get away so easily with not providing real customer support.

Hi awanderer

I had investigated this in full and I can now confirm that the agreed credit has been applied this morning. The outstanding balance is now €40 and your future bill cost has reverted to what you had previously.

Apologies for the inconvenience this caused awanderer

Thanks
    Al

Hi awanderer

I had investigated this in full and I can now confirm that the agreed credit has been applied this morning. The outstanding balance is now €40 and your future bill cost has reverted to what you had previously.

Thanks
    Al
    Does that mean that if I go to the post office and pay 40 instead of the amount on the bill, I won't receive any letter/ phone call stating that there is a balance due ?

• Advertisement

Hi awanderer

Thanks
    Al
    Does that mean that if I go to the post office and pay 40 instead of the amount on the bill, I won't receive any letter/ phone call stating that there is a balance due ?
    Yes awanderer - It means exactly that.

The balance is now €40

Thanks
    Al

Hi awanderer

Thanks
    Al

The balance is now €40

Thanks
    Al
    In that case, I will not forget to come back to thank you when my payment has been accepted.

Hi awanderer

Thanks
    Al

The balance is now €40

Thanks
    Al
    In that case, I will not forget to come back to thank you when my payment has been accepted.
    No problem awanderer

Al

Advertisement