Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know which stations run events listings and how to get listed?

• 13-01-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know I've often heard radio shows and stations offering events, jobs etc listings for free (not advertising but just listings) and usually at the end there's a statement like: 'if you'd like an event listed please contact...' but for the life of me I can't find any reference to this on the main stations (todayfm, fm104, spin1038, 2fm etc) websites and since I'm not driving as much as I used to (which was when I would have been flicking through stations a lot) I don't catch as much radio and so I've no idea who lists what and when. But I know I definitely used to hear it a lot.

I'm trying to get a training course I'm about to start running listed on radio stations but can't find any option for this on their websites (other than gig and jobfinder).

I'll pop up a post on the PR thread for more advice on specific marketing and pr options in this regard but I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of a specific show or station 'listings guide' that I could contact?

Any pointers would be really great!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Depends on the station and what you're offering

A station isn't going to just list a random course. Is the course free? What's it in? What shows would it be relevant to?

For gigs/events, which is what I have promoted, certain stations will list them for free, others will charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Q 102 run a Dublin Diary piece for local events and happenings, might be worth a shot, id say juat ring the offices and ask them.

Fm104 run a job slot on the 10-3 show a few times a day, again juat contact the station directly if you can't find anything on the website

98fm run a.similar thing as a station standalone piece, usually one at 6.45pm and it's on their website too.

Nova might do something similar too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

not sure if you're just looking at Dublin, but KCLR and KFM do

Advertisement