Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints resolution policy and complaint number

Options
  • 13-01-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few months ago I asked for a copy of the eircom complaints procedure. A few months later I asked for this again and a complaint number that would correspond to the investigation into all the issues that I have been having. I am repeating my request.

Thank you

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/97363943
    Tony/Alan, can I please be provided with your code of practice with regard to customer complaint handling which I last mentioned nearly two months ago.

Secondly can I please be provided with the complaint reference number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Any progress on this?

I found this in another thread in the forum. I couldn't find anything like this back in the eircom days. We weren't provided with a case number for any of the complaints we made. None of the complaints have been resolved to our satisfaction and the 20 frame timeframe went out the window. We were told the main issue (dropping connection) was escalated to a team leader many months ago but haven't heard anything since.

Can I get an acknowledgement please?

I've contacted Comreg and they've advised to give eir one last chance by complaining through ccm@eir.ie. If this doesn't work they will take over the complaint.

It feels like I'm being fobbed off and eir are trying to wait out the 9 month time limit to bring a complaint to Comreg. This is disappointing as eir have told me previously in this forum that the lack of updates was unacceptable.

Last week we were having constant disconnects so I called support three nights in a row. Each subsequent call the person on the end of the line had no access to notes about the case. The second guy told me he had figured out the problem, I got him to confirm that he had recorded this in his notes several times as they had gone missing in the past, and then the next night the next support agent said there was no notes regarding the cause of the problem on file at all.

In the end he managed to book me an appointment with a senior field technician who turned out to be fantastic. He was performing tests on the line late the night before and put it into a highly stressed state so the problem would be present when he turned up in the morning. He confirmed the problem wasn't in the house or on the line, and figured out the source was the port in the fibre cab. He moved our line onto another port (something I suggested months ago and was told it couldn't be done) and within an hour our line was syncing at 85 Mb/s (he said it was showing as capable of over 130, but to leave it for a few days before asking to have it raised to make sure) and we haven't had a problem since. So a big shout out to John the eir technician who took the time to understand the problem, investigate the cause, and followed up with the customer to keep them informed.

That said, we're unhappy with being left in limbo for months while being told the problem was being investigated by senior support, when it clearly had got lost somewhere. There seems to be problems with the customer support system, notes getting lost and no ability to attach notes to technician appointments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi TheChizler,

I'm glad to hear that your on going broadband issues have been resolved. I'm very sorry for the delays and all inconvenience this has caused you. I understand this is frustrating.

I'll pass this feedback on, apologies again.

Thanks

Tracey
    TheChizler wrote: »
    Last week we were having constant disconnects so I called support three nights in a row. Each subsequent call the person on the end of the line had no access to notes about the case. The second guy told me he had figured out the problem, I got him to confirm that he had recorded this in his notes several times as they had gone missing in the past, and then the next night the next support agent said there was no notes regarding the cause of the problem on file at all.

In the end he managed to book me an appointment with a senior field technician who turned out to be fantastic. He was performing tests on the line late the night before and put it into a highly stressed state so the problem would be present when he turned up in the morning. He confirmed the problem wasn't in the house or on the line, and figured out the source was the port in the fibre cab. He moved our line onto another port (something I suggested months ago and was told it couldn't be done) and within an hour our line was syncing at 85 Mb/s (he said it was showing as capable of over 130, but to leave it for a few days before asking to have it raised to make sure) and we haven't had a problem since. So a big shout out to John the eir technician who took the time to understand the problem, investigate the cause, and followed up with the customer to keep them informed.

That said, we're unhappy with being left in limbo for months while being told the problem was being investigated by senior support, when it clearly had got lost somewhere. There seems to be problems with the customer support system, notes getting lost and no ability to attach notes to technician appointment

Advertisement