Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin - Willow Park / Glasnevin Ave

Options
  • 13-01-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Everybody,

I am currently looking at relocating, we have a young family we were looking at a few different areas but Glasnevin looks like a nice place, I have no idea what the area is like so Im hoping people here might know.

We are looking in the area around Willow Park / Glasnevin Ave

If anyone would have any tips / advice on things like local amenities, shops, parks, clubs, sports etc. Also what are the local schools like?

We're Looking for somewhere with a good sense of community, would this area fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

I grew up in this area for 30 odd years. Its good place for families, nice green areas around Willow Park too. Good location next to the Autobahn for a pint or some dinner, Macari's is a good chipper, very close to DCU and numerous girls and boys secondary schools in the area. Bus route is ok but roughly takes around 50mins into the city centre in the mornings. Still chatting about bringing Luas north out near DCU which is it ever happens would be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

We recently bought in Glasnevin, and were in a similar predicament to you. We bought further south, in the Ballygall area, but we looked / researched houses in the Glasnevin Ave area.

We are delighted with our decision, nice area, very quiet, close to alot of amenities, good bus routes, and close to the city.

As for the area youre looking at, think the above poster has hit a number of the key points on the head. I wouldnt know Glasnevin North aswell, but would have happily bought there after all the research we carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can't go wrong with Willow Park / Glasnevin Avenue. I have lived there a lot of my life, never a hint of hassle in fact a very nice quite area. Know a few new neighbors who came here with young families in the last 5 years or so and they are delighted with their choice. The Garda commissioner lives just off Glasnevin Avenue and there is a good Garda presence in the area as well as a lot of current and ex-Guards traditionally so it's always had a bit of sway in that regard. I cant advise on schools but everything else in terms of amenities.. shops, shopping centers, gyms, parks etc are from 2-10 minutes or so from your front door. Also great transport links into the city, a variety of buses and if you want to drive into town it's 20 minutes and the airport 15.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nice area depending on which road you pick. I live 2 mins from willow park, and I've had many a drinks in the willows pub.

What roads are you currently looking at?

Advertisement