Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mega Sperm donor ..

• 13-01-2016 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭

Sperm donor claims he fathered ~800 children
    I fathered 800 children, claims sperm donor

The number of women using donated sperm to get pregnant is rising, but many find the cost of treatment at private clinics prohibitive. This has led some women to use unlicensed donors - but are they putting their health at risk?

Simon Watson, 41, has been an unlicensed sperm donor for 16 years, donating once a week.

"Usually one [baby] a week pops out. I reckon I've got about 800 so far, so within four years I'd like to crack 1,000," he tells the Victoria Derbyshire programme..

"I've got kids all the way from Spain to Taiwan, so many countries. I'd like to get the world record ever, make sure no-one's going to break it, get as many as possible."

Very few women are eligible for artificial insemination on the NHS as the criteria are very strict. Private licensed clinics cost between £500 and £1,000 for each cycle of treatment. Men are allowed to father no more than 10 children.

Mr Watson charges £50 for his services - the "magic potion pot" - and most of his clients find him on Facebook.

I wonder - it's either £50 for a ****, or a free shag ....:rolleyes: seems a bit creepy to say the least, why the hell would you want that much kids
    wandering around ? - each of your kids has the same amount of half siblings :O.

He says it's an ego boost ? really? any dope with a dick can have a kid, it takes real men to raise them tho ..

Full article
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35262535

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea... but he never actually got the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Surely should be outlawed. Completely reduces the size of the gene pool and increases the risks of half children mistakenly having relationships with each other or their cousins possibly unknowingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

What a wanker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

That is so disturbing. Imagine all the accidental incest. WierDo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think it was channel 4 had a programme about this kind of stuff on, where the presenter interviewed a dutch guy who offered an unlicensed insemination service. Can't remember the exact number, but the number of kids he fathered was over 100.

In general his clients were either single women who wanted a child or couples who couldn't conceive. Apparently he had a higher than normal sperm count, someone found out, he inseminated them and basically started offering it as a free service.

This guy in his early forties, portly, not attractive, living in this dingy little flat in Holland. And women (and their husbands/partners) were willing to visit him and let him get up on top of them because presumably the state-provided services were too restrictive or expensive. It was actually a little sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

The Virgin father... of 800? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

why the hell would you want that much kids
    wandering around ?

Well the desire to produce offspring is pretty innate.. This guy has found his evolutionary niche.

Does anyone remember that film The Most Fertile Man in Ireland? Good craic. I must dig that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

seamus wrote: »
    I think it was channel 4 had a programme about this kind of stuff on, where the presenter interviewed a dutch guy who offered an unlicensed insemination service. Can't remember the exact number, but the number of kids he fathered was over 100.

In general his clients were either single women who wanted a child or couples who couldn't conceive. Apparently he had a higher than normal sperm count, someone found out, he inseminated them and basically started offering it as a free service.

This guy in his early forties, portly, not attractive, living in this dingy little flat in Holland. And women (and their husbands/partners) were willing to visit him and let him get up on top of them because presumably the state-provided services were too restrictive or expensive. It was actually a little sad.
    Did they not hear of the turkey baster method? ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

"I've got kids all the way from Spain to Taiwan, so many countries. I'd like to get the world record ever, make sure no-one's going to break it, get as many as possible."
    I think he has a long way to go to beat Genghis Khan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's hilarious.

'The Magic Potion Pot' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's concerning is that the uk national sperm bank only has 9 donors :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's concerning is that the uk national sperm bank only has 9 donors :eek:

11 actually. Pam and her 10 friends make 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

So the licensed clinics charge at least ten times what he asks:
    Private licensed clinics cost between £500 and £1,000 for each cycle of treatment.
    They ask him questions, such as whether he has any hereditary diseases, then they meet, often at a service station on the M1. Clients either book a room in the hotel or use the public toilets.
    "£50 luv, be grand"

Seems legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So, he's blew about 40K.... not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

jester77 wrote: »
    So, he's blew about 40K.... not bad

Wait until he has to pay child support! :pac:

Advertisement