Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Boardies Meetup

• 13-01-2016 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

So following on from a suggestion before Christmas, I decided to go ahead and start planning for our very own Limerick forum Meetup. I checked and its been 2013 since the last Limerick Boardies Beers :eek: For shame people.

It will be a nice opportunity for us all to put faces to names, meet, mingle and have a bit of fun! I'll get one of the mods to do a poll with possible dates. In the meantime any suggestions for a good spot. I was thinking The Blind Pig or Red Hen?

Pick a date for the Limerick Forum Meetup? 19 votes

Thursday 28th January
    0%
    Friday 29th January
    31%
    BrendanDstyersquonkgeorgem25Figertycolinmac 6 votes
    Saturday 30th January
    36%
    panda100Skuxxdaisybelle2008[Deleted User]bennyl10[Deleted User]davo2001 7 votes
    Thursday 4th February
    15%
    steveonyogaladyCivil Joe 3 votes
    Friday 5th February
    15%
    squonkgeorgem25zulutango 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'll put up the poll when you have some options :D

Saturday 30th January
    I voted for friday but I don't really mind really? :) look forward to meeting everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Saturday 30th January
    Me too. Any date suits me really :) For those using the Phone app and that can't see the poll the following dates are suggested if you would like to come along:
    Thursday 28th Jan
    Friday 29th Jan
    Saturday 30th Jan
    Thursday 4th Feb
    Friday 5th Feb

Saturday 30th January
    My birthday is the 29th! Will I get free boards pints? :P

Saturday 30th January
    My birthday is the 29th! Will I get free boards pints? :P

Hmmm not sure about free booze but we certainly should be able to wrangle a free Baddass Burrito for the Birthday Boy considering the amount of publicity this forum has given her over the years :p

• Advertisement

Saturday 30th January
    panda100 wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure about free booze but we certainly should be able to wrangle a free Baddass Burrito for the Birthday Boy considering the amount of publicity this forum has given her over the years :p

That's if she decides to open!

Saturday 30th January
    So looks like Friday is the date that suits most people if y'all still up for a limerick forum meetup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Doesn't seem to be much interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭aidanki

lots of thank yous in this thread but who is actually coming ?

Im game anyway

will I be there all alone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭aidanki

lots of thank yous in this thread but who is actually coming ?

Im game anyway

will I be there all alone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Friday 5th February
    I'll be there (like Mitch Buchanan running towards Shauny on the beach in Baywatch).

Saturday 30th January
    Great stuff guys. Shall we say 8pm The Blind Pig on Friday so? I've had a few pm's from people too so there should be a bit of a gang :) feel free to pm me if you want.

Could one of the mods change the title of thread with date and time please?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Watch out limerick here come the Internet geeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I think I am too much of a misanthrope to partake in such an event.

How will you identify each other? How many will be there covertly and not identify themselves? :O!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I think I am too much of a misanthrope to partake in such an event.

How will you identify each other? How many will be there covertly and not identify themselves? :O!

Friday 5th February
    Panda has identified herself as a woman, so there's that. And I reckon she has black hair and white skin, or vice versa, and she may be chewing a bamboo stalk.

Saturday 30th January
    If we all look like our usernames that would be awesome! I hope FobleasNuck shows up. As much as I would love to look like a big, grissly, black and white bear I probably look more like my avatar than I do my username.

Misanthrope's are more than welcome. I've been at a couple of boards meet ups on other forums throughout the years and always enjoyed them. It's a nice way to meet people you would never normally meet. Feel free to pm me if ya want to swap digits so you know where to find us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Friday 5th February
    Sorry cant make it on Friday now. Have a good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Saturday 30th January
    Blind pig Friday is lovely :).see ye then :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Will any of ye still be there around 22:00? I'd love to call in after my lectures are over for the night. :)

Saturday 30th January
    An File wrote:
    Will any of ye still be there around 22:00? I'd love to call in after my lectures are over for the night.

Ah yeah I say we will still be there :) I'll post up here where we are perched

• Advertisement

Saturday 30th January
    I'll be out anyway so might pop in to say hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We had a boards meet up in the Old Quarter awhile back. Got a couple of free rounds from the manager there. He was a boardie. Goodnight by all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Would have loved to join this but heading home tomorrow, enjoy.

Friday 5th February
    I'll be late but hope to be there around 10pm.

Saturday 30th January
    YFlyer wrote: »
    We had a boards meet up in the Old Quarter awhile back. Got a couple of free rounds from the manager there. He was a boardie. Goodnight by all.

Here's hoping the barman in The Blind Pig is a boardie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

panda100 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I say we will still be there :) I'll post up here where we are perched

I might drop in but it will be around 9pm. How will I recognise everyone? Do we have a secret handshake?

Saturday 30th January
    I might drop in but it will be around 9pm. How will I recognise everyone? Do we have a secret handshake?

I'll stick up here where we are and you can pm if you can't find us :) I do like the idea of a secret handshake though that may become mandatory as the night goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Let's keep the process democratic, put up another poll. Awkward hug or lame coolguy handshake.

Saturday 30th January
    We are sitting at the back downstairs!near the toilets and in front of the mirrors

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How's the evening going then?

Advertisement