Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish face

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Not open Monday and Tuesday along with the high prices doesn't sound too promising for the business long term. Can't imagine many students lining up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

we got take away fish and chips here on wednesday. monkfish and haddock best fish and chips ive had in kilkenny in 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

road_high wrote: »
    Do they do like normal "fish n chips" take away or do I take it's all a bit posher than that?

There is a side entrance that does take away. I got Haddock and chips and it was lovely.I would second dathi's comment and say it is the best take away fish and chips I have had in in Kilkenny.

Will definitely be going back to try the other stuff the have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had lunch here Friday. Sat in for cod & chips. The portions are massive for the price and it really was delicious. Don't let the other posts put you off giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Yes portions in the takeaway are massive...Enough chips to feed 2 or 3 people...but, and a small but...10 mins with it wrapped up in one box makes the batter all soggy....If they had put the chips separate in a bag with less chips and then put fish and chip in the cardboard then wrap that in cardboard...the fish would be less soggy..no cod today but nice tasting hake...The takeaway does burgers, kebabs, and onion rings etc..
    With the takeaway alone, fishface will survive..

Burp!

Stuffed now, anyone want a chip? ah go on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Tried the diner part, way too pricy for what you get. Take away is probably more reasonably priced but for my money Joe's has nothing to fear.

Paying double to sit down with your fish n chips is too much of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Went for takeaway of Cod & chips. Cod was 3 smallish goujons. I was told they don't do 'Fish' as we know it. I looked at the 3 pieces in the box and said that didn't look to be much, but was told that was it.
    As I was nearly telling the girl ( a nice girl) to stuff it, more of the fish pieces came out and she loaded 3 more into the box. At €7.50 the first offer was not good value, the second was good enough.

But if the first offer was the order of a 'Cod and chips' @€;7.50 I won't be going back.
    Rocco's is still one of the best chippers around IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

clivej wrote: »

But if the first offer was the order of a 'Cod and chips' @€;7.50 I won't be going back.
    Rocco's is still one of the best chippers around IMO
    Yeah I reckon they'll have to lower prices if they want to compete. There's no way I'd be bothered going back, Rocco's or Joe's are far better value.

My portion of Hake was 1 smallish fillet then ur man broke in half another one and put it in the box as well...the other portions of haddock etc were big fillets...looks to be whatevers to hand at the time...:confused:

Went for the donar kebab....I have to say it was very good...
    Further to the fish..the fresh fillet is dipped in batter when you order it, I don't think any other takeaway does this in Kilkenny...
    good sized portion of garlic cheese chips...very tasty..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

It's very hit and miss the last time I went there, it was probably the worst fish and chips I ever got, it was saturated in grease, and it tasted like thick grease I had to throw most of it in the bin. Will be giving it a wide berth from now on.

Advertisement