Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collection Agency

Options
  • 13-01-2016 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I've just been called by some debt collectors called Irish Debt Bureau (official sounding name!) looking for a debt that they claim I owe Electric Ireland. 

I left Ireland and closed my account last August. I have just gone through my bank statements and see a payment made to EI for the exact amount that they are looking for at the end of August. As far as I know I don't owe EI anything else. I also receive my bill via email and have no further bills after August. I presume this is just some oversight on EI's part so would be grateful is someone could help me clear this up.

I have researched the IDB (part of Buchanan, Clarke and Wells - also very official sounding!) and they don't seem to be the nicest people to deal with, and I would like to avoid any further hassle. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Bondone,

Thank you for getting in touch. We would like to look into this for you.

We need you to send the following information by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement