Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon 20th anniversary

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is it updated to use the game pad as the camera?

Don't be silly, that'd be too cool/logical :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Honestly, I'm not sure. All I've seen is that it's being released in Japan, so maybe we'll get it here at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 sierraecho

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I actually think the opposite about the wild Pokémon! Mankey, Butterfree and Nidoran (especially in Yellow) destroy Brock. If you're willing to grind Rattata to lv. 14 for Hyper Fang he can do some damage too. In Red I ended up beating him with a Pidgey after spamming Sand Attack and Tail Whip (RIP Rattata) for 12 turns. So, it's really only Spearow and even he gets STAB Fury Attack and Leer. Unless you go in really under levelled, you can beat him with almost anything. It's a fun challenge to try and make other Pokémon viable.

Ha so very true but tell that to the 11 year old me going in with Charmander with tackle, leer and ember backed up with a L10 pidgey and a metapod that only knows harden. Talk about newb. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

sierraecho wrote: »
    Ha so very true but tell that to the 11 year old me going in with Charmander with tackle, leer and ember backed up with a L10 pidgey and a metapod that only knows harden. Talk about newb. :D

Spam harden, use potions and go for that PP stall on the metapod :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Venusaur's level up move set is pretty abysmal. Currently level 51 and rocking Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf. Not sure what I did with my Body Slam TM as everything else is pretty crap.

Does anyone know how to win at the game corner? Need four more Pokémon to get everyone obtainable without glitches, one of which is Porygon at 9999 coins. Equal to $200,000! Don't really fancy doing the elite four over and over. Also need Tauros so a lot of my funds are going on the Safari Zone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not sure there is any kind of knack to winning in the game corner really, unless you've got really good reactions or something. I'm also not looking forward to trying to catch Tauros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't see why people want the game corner to come back. It's tedious as hell. After 30 minutes of trying every tip I found, I was up 10 coins. Guess it'll be the Elite Four about six or eight times. I'll bring Mewtwo as backup but he shouldn't really be needed with Nidoking, Kadabra, Venusaur and Dragonite.

Yeah, the game corners were never really something I was fond of because of how long it would take to earn coins, or if you didn't want to play the games how expensive they were to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, the game corners were never really something I was fond of because of how long it would take to earn coins, or if you didn't want to play the games how expensive they were to buy.

I didn't like the game corners exactly but I detested the PC versions of them shoehorned into games like HG/SS with the likes of voltorb flip. You couldn't even just mash A to buy a bucket load of coins with the voltorb flip game.

If I wanted to play minesweeper I'd play minesweeper.

Advertisement