Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think this new Heineken ad is patronising ****e

• 13-01-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

I think this new Heineken ad is patronising ****e and doesn't reflect the real world. Ends horrifically with female bartender gazing lovingly after some muppet who smirks with self satisfaction just because he says no to another drink.

Mind you, Heineken know bloody well it's ****e as if we all listened to it they'd sell less. Nothing in this ad makes we want to buy Heineken anyway, in fact it makes me associate annoyance with the brand now :)

Am I alone or do others think it's actually well thought out and responsible advertising from a leading brand? Oh, and the wimmin in it make me puke too. Real world I see, you're more likely to see young wans comatose on shorts than blokes out of it on beer!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4v3vyHWOU

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Women don't want drunk guys?

When I'm out and not drinking I get told I'm weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

To hell to the women, I get drunk to forget...

*remembers 'Nam*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

If less people drink, her job is at risk. Not a bit of sense in her head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭seanin4711

@43secs i think i am in love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

eeguy wrote: »
    Women don't want drunk guys?

When I'm out and not drinking I get told I'm weird.

Tipsey or nicely buzzed. Not projectile vomiting, double Dutch speaking , aggressive asshats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tell tom I was asking for him OP......

kfallon wrote: »
    Tell tom I was asking for him OP......

He is out having a bottle of Heineken.

Or acquiring, chainmail armour, a horse and guide to slaying dragons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

She's not much of a bartender anyway, she never took the cap off the bottle before plonking it in front of him. It's no wonder he wanted nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ctrl + F for "heineken" on this page: 6 matches.

But yes, this is indeed a terrible ad which in no way will cause enough controversy to get the word "heineken" plastered all over the interwebz this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tipsey or nicely buzzed. Not projectile vomiting, double Dutch speaking , aggressive asshats.
    So don't drink Heineken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

So am i supposed to drink heineken or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

m1ck007 wrote: »
    So am i supposed to drink heineken or not?

Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

That ad is just weird and cringey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭BenedrylPete

Wait a minute OP.

You're complaining about an advert in which women are portrayed as being disappointed and are expressing their disappointment in drunken men.

This thread is a woman complaining about women complaining.

Ladies - remember this thread. store this in your tiny brains. THIS IS WHY.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because women never drink too much and the world is full of women taking care of their pathetic men who've drank too much :rolleyes:

Such patronising sexist bull.

the_syco wrote: »
    So don't drink Heineken.

I like it. Wouldnt drink a few pints of it now, one or two be grand, can give me a dodgy stomach if I have have more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The guy in the bar was right... It was clearly time to put the Heineken away and move on to the vodka and redbull at the next venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

so the words of the song are that the women are "holding out for a hero til the end of the night", so basically they are rejecting all the guys all night until the hero shows up? any wonder the guys just got drunk.....

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Heineken ads havent been the same since Freddy Heineken (the big boss) died.
    He liked to get involved in advertising and had a good sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Absolute twaddle, making fun of white men (20-35) the last group you can make fun of and that its politcally correct to do so.

Heineken - piss anyway, even worse then Budweiser or Miller .

pure piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I see 24 packs of Heineken are being withdrawn from sale.
    Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

lazza14 wrote: »
    Absolute twaddle, making fun of white men (20-35) the last group you can make fun of and that its politcally correct to do so.

Exactly. They'd never portray women like this. Blokes are easier targets. Pathetic ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

maudgonner wrote: »
    She's not much of a bartender anyway, she never took the cap off the bottle before plonking it in front of him. It's no wonder he wanted nothing to do with it.

Yeah that and because its like drinking ice cold piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

lazza14 wrote: »

Heineken - piss anyway, even worse then Budweiser or Miller .

pure piss.

Speaking as a white man between 20 and 35, I hope that poor advertising remains my subgroup's biggest concern, rather than racial abuse, the threat of sexual assault or any one of a dozen other issues my gender and race discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Shítty advert for shítty beer.

Speaking as a white man between 20 and 35, I hope that poor advertising remains my subgroup's biggest concern, rather than racial abuse, the threat of sexual assault or any one of a dozen other issues my gender and race discount.

Well I think it's below suicide, work-place injury/death, poverty, earning less than t'other gender, poor health and education for us. But still a concern no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Exactly. They'd never portray women like this. Blokes are easier targets. Pathetic ad.

I thought you meant it was patronising because it was portraying women as like something off Sex and the City or something :pac:

Honestly I couldn't give a shìte for what way an advert portrays men, I'm a bit more secure in myself than worrying about what way some advert for that piss portrays men tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I am so outraged I am boycotting Heineken from now on. Never will I allow a drop of it past my lips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

seamus wrote: »
    Because women never drink too much and the world is full of women taking care of their pathetic men who've drank too much :rolleyes:

Such patronising sexist bull.
    Ive worked in a pub for 90% of my working life, we dread drunk women and dont get me started on the ladies toilets on a Sunday morning. There was a dirty protest in one of the cubicles last Sunday week. Give me a gang of drunken lads over 3 drunk women any day

Ive worked in a pub for 90% of my working life, we dread drunk women and dont get me started on the ladies toilets on a Sunday morning. There was a dirty protest in one of the cubicles last Sunday week. Give me a gang of drunken lads over 3 drunk women any day

Let's hug it out.

When I was working in a pub, cleaning the women's toilets was the job *everybody* dreaded. We tried everything to spread it around ( :pac: ) e.g. used to have a rota, but people kept shirking it then we would pawn it off on newbies etc. It was always an issue. I had no problem cleaning the lads jacks but have recurring nightmares about the girls. The things I've seen man, the things I've seen...

c_man wrote: »
    Let's hug it out.

When I was working in a pub, cleaning the women's toilets was the job *everybody* dreaded. We tried everything to spread it around ( :pac: ) e.g. used to have a rota, but people kept shirking it then we would pawn it off on newbies etc. It was always an issue. I had no problem cleaning the lads jacks but have recurring nightmares about the girls. The things I've seen man, the things I've seen...

Like what? How bad could it be?

syklops wrote: »
    Like what? How bad could it be?

Well you get your usual dirty or menstrual protests (or both) but the one that always sticks out in my mind was the window sh!t cake. In one of the cubicles, there was a small window high up as you find in lots of jacks. The woman must have had to get up on the cistern to position herself adequately to take a big one on that window sill* (my keen eye indicated it wasn't carried there, I knew what to look for). There were *multiple* used tampons and half smoked fags put into it so that it resembled a birthday cake with candles arranged neatly.

*It wasn't a clean break, lots of splatter on the outside wall so had to hose that down after finishing with the toilets.

Nearly time for lunch eh?!

Well you get your usual dirty or menstrual protests (or both) but the one that always sticks out in my mind was the window sh!t cake. In one of the cubicles, there was a small window high up as you find in lots of jacks. The woman must have had to get up on the cistern to position herself adequately to take a big one on that window sill* (my keen eye indicated it wasn't carried there, I knew what to look for). There were *multiple* used tampons and half smoked fags put into it so that it resembled a birthday cake with candles arranged neatly.

*It wasn't a clean break, lots of splatter on the outside wall so had to hose that down after finishing with the toilets.

Nearly time for lunch eh?!

Ive just had a plate of scrambled eggs. Wish I'd skipped it now.

This is something Ive heard before about wimmenz toilets. Its beyond belief it really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The OP must work for their marketing department. Mock outrage on the internet to talk about the product. I refuse to be drawn to mention it's name or drink it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I got to see this ad a few months ago for market research purposes. I said at the time I thought it was sexist and made women look desperate and I didn't think people would like it. Guess they didn't listen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It looks like he ordered anothe heniken and when it arrived he went "actually no, i dont want it after all" and then left without paying.

No wonder she gave him a dirty look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Putting out an adverisment that looks like it's telling people to drink less Heineken.

But make no mistake, it's an advertisement for people to drink more Heineken. That's what Ads are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

traprunner wrote: »
    The OP must work for their marketing department. Mock outrage on the internet to talk about the product. I refuse to be drawn to mention it's name or drink it!

Hah! Tis piss water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Grayditch wrote: »
    Putting out an adverisment that looks like it's telling people to drink less Heineken.

But make no mistake, it's an advertisement for people to drink more Heineken. That's what Ads are for.
    'Drink Less With Heineken'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Grayditch wrote: »

But make no mistake, it's an advertisement for people to drink more Heineken.
    :D

Reminds me of the guy in The Simpsons dressed up as a bottle of Duff beer saying:

Drink Duff!!! Responsibly.

Drink Duff!!! Responsibly.

Well I think it's below suicide, work-place injury/death, poverty, earning less than t'other gender, poor health and education for us. But still a concern no doubt.

Wait a minute, men earn less than women??

Single women in the age range you specified earn more than single men according to the CSO. Hardly surprising is it? Men in that range are more likely to be unemployed and have less education than their female counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

His statement is incorrect and its not an issue as we live in a meritocracy right? I countries like the UK women earn more than men up until about 35 or so then it reverses for various reasons.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

syklops wrote: »
    I am so outraged I am boycotting Heineken from now on. Never will I allow a drop of it past my lips.

Yep, I'll be doing the same for warm donkey piss, it's gonna be tough - but I'll manage ! :D

Single women in the age range you specified earn more than single men according to the CSO. Hardly surprising is it? Men in that range are more likely to be unemployed and have less education than their female counterparts.

Citation? I can find one brief mention of it in a Telegraph article from 2014, but otherwise all the research I can find indicates it skews the other way. Not to mention that as we age, the differential starts to skew horribly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It looks like he ordered anothe heniken and when it arrived he went "actually no, i dont want it after all" and then left without paying.

No wonder she gave him a dirty look!

My response exactly.
    Source: Bartender.

Advertisement