Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre F1000 Router Problems

Options
  • 13-01-2016 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was going to post this on the Eir community forum, but I get a website error when trying to register and login.

Last night, the wifi failed. The network would pop up only intermittently and only for a minute or two. After having the router switched off for an hour, I restarted it and it did not resolve anything though I was able to connect to it for a few minutes at one stage. There was no internet connection during this.

I reset the F1000 to factory settings and that has resolved the wifi issue and computers can connect to it; however, around once or twice every fifteen minutes, I will lose the internet connection. 

It would seem like the router has failed.

Where I can supply account details in a private message, I would assume that we would be allowed to get a free replacement router if it came to the need for a replacement?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

bbk wrote: »
    Hello,

I was going to post this on the Eir community forum, but I get a website error when trying to register and login.

Last night, the wifi failed. The network would pop up only intermittently and only for a minute or two. After having the router switched off for an hour, I restarted it and it did not resolve anything though I was able to connect to it for a few minutes at one stage. There was no internet connection during this.

I reset the F1000 to factory settings and that has resolved the wifi issue and computers can connect to it; however, around once or twice every fifteen minutes, I will lose the internet connection. 

It would seem like the router has failed.

Where I can supply account details in a private message, I would assume that we would be allowed to get a free replacement router if it came to the need for a replacement?

Thanks
    Hi bbk

Very sorry to hear this, While eir do indeed provide replacement routers free of charge this would need to be reported directly to the technical support team who will arrange a new modem if required - the technical support team will also run a number of tests to eliminate any other possible contributing issues to the problems you are experiencing. You can reach technical support on Free phone 1901 (option 2) - Local 1890260260 or you reach them via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement