Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People doing gutters door-to-door in Kill. is it a scam?

Options
  • 13-01-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭

I was talking to a friend of mine today and he was telling me that he has a company in doing his gutters. They were initially meant to just clean the gutters and next thing they called him out only to see they had all the fascia pulled off and told him that these needed to be replaced as well.

I called to see him and saw a white van (with the name of the company which begins with the letter C) outside the house and 4 guys working away with power tools. And when I said hello to one of them he referred to me as "sir" which set alarm bells ringing. I cant find anything about them on the Internet.

Everything about this tells me that he'll be on Joe Duffy in about three days. Has anybody else had any dealing with this company. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Scam.....tell them to put the facia back and fook off...if they refuse, call the guards immediately.

This is a scam, pure and simple. No one goes to clean gutters and then takes the facia off.

Here boss..your facia needs replacing....yeah right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Fraud and gardai may get involved especially if threats are made. Suggest that your friend keeps phne on video recording and in top pocket so that the conversation is recorded.

The job was to clean the gutters and that's all that should be paid for. They will probably threaten somethng and that changes it from a private matter to a criminal matter and hence the gardai will deal with it.

You can also be fairly certain the company is not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Most reputable companies don't send people out cold calling. Possibly someone like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

These people usually get away with it so the best you can do is create more awareness.

If on Facebook send them the story

https://www.facebook.com/KildareCAP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What happened in the end?

• Advertisement
Advertisement