Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ross Pearson stepping up to welterweight to fight Masvidal at UFC 201. The man doesn't get half enough of the credit he deserves. An out and out fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Paully D wrote: »
    Ross Pearson stepping up to fight Masvidal at UFC 201. The man doesn't get half enough of the credit he deserves. An out and out fighter.

He gets more than enough IMO. He's the gatekeeper to the top 15 of that division, which isn't really all that impressive. A fight at welterweight is ballsy though, I'll admit.

Are you just saying that because he's from Sunderland though? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I like Ross, he's always seemed like a decent lad, down to earth and ready to fight but I don't like this idea of moving up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bisping just told Luke Thomas he's fighting Hendo in the fall in Manchester and it's likely to be a PPV with a 4am UK finish time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Fromvert wrote: »
    Bisping just told Luke Thomas he's fighting Hendo in the fall in Manchester and it's likely to be a PPV with a 4am UK finish time.

Such a joke. Theres a queue of contenders. 2 former champs lined up as wel.

Saying that, if bisping does get this fight id love hendo to ko him again, in similar fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saying that, if bisping does get this fight id love hendo to ko him again, in similar fashion.

It's a no brainer to put together IMO

Sure theres a queue of contenders but at the top of the queue Rockhold lost conclusively to Bisping on 2 weeks notice. Jacare lost to Romero, Romero has cloud of doubt over his tainted supplement fiasco and Weidman injury issues.

Jacare v Rockhold 2
    Weidman v Yoel............How bad!

I think with every title fight(and announcements) we're going to have this debate in future. Money fight Vs Best contender fight.

I'm delighted with the thought of a possible 4am finish. With the new weigh ins now it could even be an idea of flying over that day, goto fights and head to airport after the fights. Save on hotel,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Devastator wrote: »
    I think with every title fight(and announcements) we're going to have this debate in future. Money fight Vs Best contender fight.

I'm delighted with the thought of a possible 4am finish. With the new weigh ins now it could even be an idea of flying over that day, goto fights and head to airport after the fights. Save on hotel,etc

This will be my plan. Because feck staying in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's a lot of fighters complaining about it, but a lot of them aren't actually availible either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If I was in the states not a hope I'd pay 60 dollars for ufc 201 Thug rose co main get the boat with Matt Brown against a shot Ellenberger on the ppv,very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

For anyone that uses UFC rewards the one month Fight pass subscriptions is back for 1000 points I just stocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    For anyone that uses UFC rewards the one month Fight pass subscriptions is back for 1000 points I just stocked up.

What's UFC reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mellor wrote: »
    What's UFC reward?

www.ufcrewards.com

You get points for visiting site, reading emails, buying tickets etc.

Redeem your points for extortionate rewards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    What's UFC reward?

Yeah basically what maxi said, its handy for fight pass when its up for that price iv got about 6 months free for doing nothing!

Yeah fightpass at that price is pretty much the only decent offer. All the signed tat is not worth the money/effort.

I suppose if you were in the states and get to a lot of events it's much better. Think I got 1100 points for 4 tickets to 194, ~200 points for Fight Night Dublin tix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

maximoose wrote: »
    www.ufcrewards.com

You get points for visiting site, reading emails, buying tickets etc.

Redeem your points for extortionate rewards :pac:

Can rewards get back dated or are you only rewarded from when you sign up? I attended 194 and have bought most of the PPV'S on ufc.tv of the last few months so if I could get something out of it it would be nice.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Can rewards get back dated or are you only rewarded from when you sign up? I attended 194 and have bought most of the PPV'S on ufc.tv of the last few months so if I could get something out of it it would be nice.

FS I heard about this months ago and meant to sign up. Was at 194,196 & R'dam events :rolleyes: Read somewhere on the site earlier that for tickets you can only claim within 7 days of event ending :mad:

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »

This will be my plan. Because feck staying in Manchester.

lads...picked the 17th of Sept there as a guide...fly out of dublin at 2pm on Saturday. Arrive in manchester airport 3:45pm....pints food event..leave event at 4am...flight at 8am... total cost of travel...30 euro :P

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads...picked the 17th of Sept there as a guide...fly out of dublin at 2pm on Saturday. Arrive in manchester airport 3:45pm....pints food event..leave event at 4am...flight at 8am... total cost of travel...30 euro :P

We're all meeting in the wetherspoons on Dantzic Street and strolling to the arena together so, yeah?

Sound!

We're all meeting in the wetherspoons on Dantzic Street and strolling to the arena together so, yeah?

Sound!

Jaysus lads, (most) yous will be changing € into £ so splash out and forget about sh.tholes like wetherspoons :D

edit - WTF am I talkin about "splash out" its gonna cost ya next to nothing lol

Jaysus lads, (most) yous will be changing € into £ so splash out and forget about sh.tholes like wetherspoons :D

Ah here they way the boys are going over the pond ill be trading two chickens and half a bag of spuds for a round!

I'd rather drink good beer in a wetherspoons than have my shoes sticking to the floor of the ****holes in the printworks.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ah here they way the boys are going over the pond ill be trading two chickens and half a bag of spuds for a round!

way them mad ba5tards are going they'll nuke themselves before October :pac:
    I'd rather drink good beer in a wetherspoons than have my shoes sticking to the floor of the ****holes in the printworks.

I don't associate anything good with wetherspoons, maybe because I compare them to the 1 here(Dump would be an upgrade). I was in 1 in Manchester before but that was for a cheap fry and a pint, don't think was back in it rest of w'end even though hotel was 2 mins away.

Only flights out from Belfast on Saturday's are 8:15am and return at noon on Sundays....could be a long day :pac:

€20-30 flights every weekend in Sep - Nov at the moment

Is Manchester a proper dump or other reasons for not wanting to stay? Can't be that bad :pac:

Bisping was saying he thinks it's going to be October.

maximoose wrote: »
    €20-30 flights every weekend in Sep - Nov at the moment

Is Manchester a proper dump or other reasons for not wanting to stay? Can't be that bad :pac:

I was on a stag the w'end I was there so I cant really remember what it was like, I just remember being in lots of bars....oh and finding an open Chinese restuarant at 4-5am :D I'm thinking just in terms of money, I've done 3 long enough fight weekends recently so no need to go for 2,3,4 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Don't think we'll be seeing Rousimar in the UFC anytime soon. He looks like he hasn't seen USADA in years.

CnWPpWBWgAAZJYS.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement