Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

callaway92 wrote: »
    Don't think we'll be seeing Rousimar in the UFC anytime soon. He looks like he hasn't seen USADA in years.

CnWPpWBWgAAZJYS.jpg

Hes never going to get licensed in America anyway after ignoring his ban and fighting in Italy, so id say he may aswell just take whatever he wants and fight at HW on a Rizin card :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bisping was saying he thinks it's going to be October.

Manchester Arena is booked up on Saturdays pretty much till year end certainly Oct/Nov if this is really a PPV its 204 I'm guessing. They'd hardly chance the Etihad would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Manchester Arena is booked up on Saturdays pretty much till year end certainly Oct/Nov if this is really a PPV its 204 I'm guessing. They'd hardly chance the Etihad would they?

In the summer I'd certainly think it'd be realistic, but I doubt they'd go near a UK stadium at that time of year with no roof on it. They could easily fill it up though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I would worry for Bisping's mental health If Hendo ko'd him again,1 H Bomb its over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

The reason this event will not be in the etihad is nothing to do with having a roof or not, its because its in the middle of the football season. They'd never risk damaging the pitch mid season, especially 1 of the teams expected to challenge for the league and possibly the European or domestic cups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Devastator wrote: »
    The reason this event will not be in the etihad is nothing to do with having a roof or not, its because its in the middle of the football season. They'd never risk damaging the pitch mid season, especially 1 of the teams expected to challenge for the league and possibly the European or domestic cups.

So Old Trafford so?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bellator in discussions with Rory. It'd be pretty cool if they could get a really top fighter on board to see how things progress.

Yeah, they've got the likes of Henderson, Mitrione and Davis on the roster who were successful in the UFC in their own way, but getting a guy in his prime signed would be really next level for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You'd have to think the new owners would want to keep him,hes 26 or 27 only has a bit of mileage but hes a big canadian star that they dont have and has 10 years left him in fight if he wanted,man lays it all on the line deserves to be paid a reasonable wage, only had a baby lately so dont blame him going for bellator money.

Rory deserves to be paid big time, I hope he gets it either in the UFC or Bellator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bellator is going nowhere fast, Rory would be wise to try and get a better deal with the UFC first, but these "talks" may just be his way of leveraging that in the first place. Signing with Bellator just shows a lack of ambition for the top fighters IMO. I can understand wanting to secure your future financially, but Rory is arguably the third best welterweight in the world and even with the loss to Wonderboy he isn't a million miles away from another title shot.

I'd be astonished if he actually does leave the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hearing Rory talking after his last fight, I wouldn't be shocked if he does go to Bellator. The voice in his head telling him to stay down and how he keeps breaking his nose in training. Rory is super talented and I'm a big fan but that war with Robbie did a lot of damage and i wouldn't criticise him in the slightest if he didn't want to face Robbie again. More money and handier fights may be in his best interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hearing Rory talking after his last fight, I wouldn't be shocked if he does go to Bellator. The voice in his head telling him to stay down and how he keeps breaking his nose in training. Rory is super talented and I'm a big fan but that war with Robbie did a lot of damage and i wouldn't criticise him in the slightest if he didn't want to face Robbie again. More money and handier fights may be in his best interest.

Robbie has beaten him twice. He shouldn't be getting another shot at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Wouldnt be surprised to see him go either. Would miss him in the UFC though. Always brings a war with him.

It aint about fighting anymore though lads....as a wise leprechaun once said..."Thanks for the cheese"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Browne 0-3?

Wasn't he with Edmund when he beat Schaub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Robbie has beaten him twice. He shouldn't be getting another shot at him.

Considering how the last fight went I wouldn't argue against him getting another shot at Robbie if he gets a couple of consecutive wins together against some top guys first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Still nothing on the uk tv deal, can they only announce it if the last deal is expired? Surely if BT extended it word would be out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Still nothing on the uk tv deal, can they only announce it if the last deal is expired? Surely if BT extended it word would be out by now.

I'd say they're waiting until the dust settles on the sale right now.

I hope it sticks with BT though. I fear that Sky would shove events onto Box Office...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JoeyJJ wrote: »

UFC website is still showing BT as the location for August events.

• Advertisement

UFC want and need to grow the market I can't see them allowing ppv at 3am, its not going to go anywhere. Drive me underground for sure.

I just want to know as I need to sort out tv packages

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't expect PPV either.

Still way too much of a niche sport here compared to boxing. Add in the 3-6am time slot and the increasing ease of piracy and it would be a big flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Eir had it as part of their recent marketing so I imagine it's BT for the foreseeable future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

1/ BTSport talking about fights in October. I'm choosing to believe thats a positive sign.

2/ Bisping confirms Manchester in October....not sure why at this stage we're discussing Spetember or November? We know how the UFC work, they hate making announcements until they're absolutely set in stone so for Bisping to talk about this on fox sports makes me think that date & venue have been pretty much sorted but its maybe just fight contracts or few specifics to iron out before making the announcement. Afterall, the first English title holder making his 1st defence on homesoil in a live PPV is a massive deal.

CnUbzGKW8AA0c54.jpg

Eir had it as part of their recent marketing so I imagine it's BT for the foreseeable future

Yeah I wouldn't take that as any sign myself, they are distributor and if Bt had told them it was won surely it would be out somewhere by now. The above looks more like an indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

Brock has been popped. Absolutely shocking news. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hands up who thought he was clean? Honestly...

It was tainted supps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

"I'm a white boy and I'm jacked, deal with it"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement