Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

brinty wrote: »
    We'll 2.5m dollars was a nice wee purse
    But Brock is smart
    It's all about the ppv points with that boy.. Vinny mc taught him well

PPV points is estimated between 5-7.5 million, I'll gladly lose the purse rather than the points!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    If Silva never fcuked around verses Bisping, he'd probably have stepped in verses Rockhold instead of Cornier and be MW champ again.
    Just occurred to me

To be fair though, he didn't **** around really. It was a great fight and he was just beaten fair and square over 5 rounds. I also think Rockhold beats him. Silva has been a shadow of his former self and hasn't won a fight (without being popped) since 2012. He's finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Paully D wrote: »
    To be fair though, he didn't **** around really. It was a great fight and he was just beaten fair and square over 5 rounds. I also think Rockhold beats him. Silva has been a shadow of his former self and hasn't won a fight (without being popped) since 2012. He's finished.

Finished in comparison of what he was,there is plenty of big fights in him he arguably beat the mw champ a few months ago.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Finished in comparison of what he was,there is plenty of big fights in him he arguably beat the mw champ a few months ago.

Disagree here. I don't know how anyone could score that fight in favour of Silva and Dean was correct not to stop the fight at the end of the 3rd. Bisping clearly won 3 rounds.

Disagree here. I don't know how anyone could score that fight in favour of Silva and Dean was correct not to stop the fight at the end of the 3rd. Bisping clearly won 3 rounds.

It wasnt a one sided beat down,no problem with anyone giving Bisping the fight but the facts are he was on queer street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    If Silva never fcuked around vs Weidman he probably would have never stopped being champ.

If disagree there. Weidman had him in trouble with a heelhook early. Silva was always losing that one imo.

Bisping won fair and square, but Silva showed zero fight IQ. He was like he wasn't even trying to finish at times. Maybe he never really knew how scoring works and got away with it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gamebred wrote:
    It wasnt a one sided beat down,no problem with anyone giving Bisping the fight but the facts are he was on queer street.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't He connect a few times after the buzzer too?? I know bisping was on rubber legs but a few illegal shots will do that

brinty wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't He connect a few times after the buzzer too?? I know bisping was on rubber legs but a few illegal shots will do that

Nope,nothing illegal whatsoever,controversy was over bisping complaining his gum shield was out instead of fighting on,got rocked then the bell went.

Definitely wasn't, I agree there. However, there were no close rounds IMO. Bisping clearly won 1, 2 and 4. Silva clearly won 3 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm of the opinion Silva doesn't really care about winning fights anymore. The way him and his corner celebrated after Cormier clearly won three rounds was odd as f**k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If disagree there. Weidman had him in trouble with a heelhook early. Silva was always losing that one imo.

Maybe, maybe not. We've seen Silva be controlled for 4 & 1/2 rounds and still pull out the win in the past(Sonnen 1)

Devastator wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. We've seen Silva be controlled for 4 & 1/2 rounds and still pull out the win in the past(Sonnen 1)

Fair point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gamebred wrote:
    Nope,nothing illegal whatsoever,controversy was over bisping complaining his gum shield was out instead of fighting on,got rocked then the bell went.

That was it 😜
    Cheers

Right lets kick it off lads,whose gonna defend her of any steroid abuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I always thought cro cop was 6'3 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

gJDrYgK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

UFC 202 looks like it won't be available for purchase from UFC website. At the moment it says "Broadcast restrictions in your area" (link below - scroll down the list to get to 202)

201 can be bought on the website but not 202 apparently. Hard to know for certain but looks like the online option might be taken away when the new TV rights contract kicks in from August

https://www.ufc.tv/events

Joe24 wrote: »
    UFC 202 looks like it won't be available for purchase from UFC website. At the moment it says "Broadcast restrictions in your area" (link below - scroll down the list to get to 202)

201 can be bought on the website but not 202 apparently. Hard to know for certain but looks like the online option might be taken away when the new TV rights contract kicks in from August

https://www.ufc.tv/events

Too early I'd say.

• Advertisement

She failed a USADA test at worlds. Stripped of her title. It was for the same drug as Jones popped for (speculation).
    She got a pass of sorts as its not a PED in women but a lot of people weren't convinced. *shrugs*

She failed a USADA test at worlds. Stripped of her title. It was for the same drug as Jones popped for (speculation).
    She got a pass of sorts as its not a PED in women but a lot of people weren't convinced. *shrugs*

didnt she claim it was fertility based or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Clomiphene, literally has no benefit for women but helps to promote fertility and can help to regulate the menstrual cycle.

Depp wrote: »
    didnt she claim it was fertility based or something?

It was an anti-estrogen drug (hence my speculation it was the same as Jones' pop) and the actual on label usage is for female fertility. Steroid users use to it offset side effects. It's was claimed that it's not a PED for women, so she was stripped for the failure but not banned.

Women and steroids is a huge grey area though. I remember reading about some russain shot putter who was on (given ;)) the same crazy cycles are the men and after the Olympics had to have a sex change. They are probably much more knowledgeable these days.

It was an anti-estrogen drug (hence my speculation it was the same as Jones' pop) and the actual on label usage is for female fertility. Steroid users use to it offset side effects. It's was claimed that it's not a PED for women, so she was stripped for the failure but not banned.

Women and steroids is a huge grey area though. I remember reading about some russain shot putter who was on (given ;)) the same crazy cycles are the men and after the Olympics had to have a sex change

the ussr olympic program was dodgy as fcuk though, didnt they get women pregnant for the hormone boost aswel?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note: As per the charter..

8) No allegations against fighters, particularly in regard to steroid use. If you want to accuse them make sure you have a bulletproof source or you will be banned, discussing Steroid use at all is not allowed unless it's about someone who was banned for it and it is not just specualtion (this includes steroid advice re. doses, side effects, cycles, substances/steroids-stimulants and sources).

You continue to over step the mark and push things on here ignoring the warnings so take 2 weeks off.

Depp wrote: »
    the ussr olympic program was dodgy as fcuk though, didnt they get women pregnant for the hormone boost aswel?

Still is dodgy as ****. :pac: :pac:
    Russia will be lucky is any athletes make it to the olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

EIR sports said on twitter that they have the right to show 202. They only show BTSports so I m guessing that means they won the contract not sky sports. Also If you look on UFC website it says BTSports 2 are showing 201 & 202.

I would feel better if they just came out and said who has it. I can decide who to sign up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Unless they have a deal for ROI only which is unlikely and on their eir channel (formerly sentanta).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Eir and bt gone from virgin media from 31st july.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement