Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Eir and bt gone from virgin media from 31st july.

That will be a **** storm should ufc remain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

UPC no longer carrying Eir Sports/BT Sport from August 1st....

Could be bad news for a lot of people on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

currently no legitimate method of watching UFC 202 in this country - what a shambles :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hercule wrote: »
    currently no legitimate method of watching UFC 202 in this country - what a shambles :rolleyes:

Still on Sky?

Eir sports probably tried to get more money off Virgin. Thought they'd pay up no problem with ufc 202 but called their bluff. Wouldn't be surprised to see it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Didn't know BT was available on Sky - also Eir seem to be ready to go with the hard sell - the kicker is, you need to get all of their **** broadband to get the sports package

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say ufc 201 is a shocking fight card on paper. No interest besides the main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ricero wrote: »
    Have to say ufc 201 is a shocking fight card on paper. No interest besides the main event

Brown v Ellenberger is an interesting fight.

I'm also a big fan of Nikita Krylov too and I think he could be a big player in that division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A bit like what was to be UFC 196, only PPV worthy with Cain v Werdum for HW title

This card is only PPV because of Lawler v Woodley, and will probably be on FS1 like the former UFC 196 if that fight doesn't go on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

That_Guy wrote: »
    Brown v Ellenberger is an interesting fight.

I'm also a big fan of Nikita Krylov too and I think he could be a big player in that division.

Thug Rose against Kowalkiewicz too, and the return of Uncle Creepy. Not the worst card in the world. We've just been spoiled lately.

James Gallagher on the MMA hour now. Coming across very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

James Gallagher on the MMA hour now. Coming across very well.

He did come across very well, aside from saying "you know what I mean" about 100 times :D

Dustin Poirier v Michael Johnson headlining on September 17th.

He did come across very well, aside from saying "you know what I mean" about 100 times :D

Ah he got his point across well you know what I mean? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aisling Daly is on the Hamburg card with her opponent being announced officially early tomorrow. Great news for her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Dustin Poirier v Michael Johnson headlining on September 17th.

Really like Poirier, has been excellent at 155 and really hope we can push for a title shot in the next 12months

Paully D wrote: »
    Aisling Daly is on the Hamburg card with her opponent being announced officially early tomorrow. Great news for her. :)

About bloody time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really like Poirier, has been excellent at 155 and really hope we can push for a title shot in the next 12months

Mad how 2 guys McGregor dealt with easily in him and Holloway are now looking like top prospects at LW/FW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What, are you from the Department of You Know What I Mean's?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I think its a bit of a habit some of us nordies have, in Belfast "like" is shoved on the end of it too "you know what I mean like?" :eek::pac: .... although in Belfast, like, is randomly put onto lots of sentences :D

Theres a word or phrase to explain it(which I cant remember) but the idea behind using such terms is like a stalling tactic while you're speaking, so your brain can think of what to say next and transmit it to your mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

I see that Virgin media/up are dropping BT SPORT from the package from July 31st. What's going to be the outlet for UFC from here on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

History repeating?!

Pretty sure Conor said "you know what i mean" roughly 26 times in his MMA Hour debut :rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mad how 2 guys McGregor dealt with easily in him and Holloway are now looking like top prospects at LW/FW

Both are extremely likeable fellas too.

Great touch of class from Poirier making a point of stopping Joe Duffy to congratulate him on his win last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

one good thing to come out of 201 anyway, this has been uploaded to youtube, not much needs to be said but really a must watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ais is fighting Michelle Waterson. High profile fight for Ais but a very tough one, can't wait for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ais is fighting Michelle Waterson. High profile fight for Ais but a very tough one, can't wait for it!

She's going to get lit up. A striker like Waterson isn't an ideal matchup for Ais.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

13707665_10154411944178570_6631347721257583442_n.jpg?oh=f064f46b833591054e49a220e8958d10&oe=583108AD

Their first fight was decent I suppose....looking forward to this one! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

She's going to get lit up. A striker like Waterson isn't an ideal matchup for Ais.

Agreed. What an absolutely awful fight for Ais

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've always Waterson is overated a bit. She's still a bad stylistic match up, no doubt. But I don't think she's deserves the reputation as an elite 115er yet.

Definitely a bit of the sexy girl bonus about her. PVZ was the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Derek Lewis, if reem can stay clean, i'll take him, i know he is thinking of taking that juice. - I'm paraphrasing. He is one to watch for sure, down to earth guy, can't wait to see the black beast back soon.

• Advertisement

Looks like a fairly solid card in my opinion. Lawler v Woodley should be good, Cant wait to see Rose fight again she has to be one fight away from a title shot, Matt Brown v Ellenburger should be good, then there is other good fighters around the card like Ian Mccall, Pearson etc. Id say this card will be better than 200 when all is said and done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement