Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

Hercule wrote: »
    currently no legitimate method of watching UFC 202 in this country - what a shambles :rolleyes:

Buy it on UFC.tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Watch it on BT sports on sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dashoonage wrote: »
    Watch it on BT sports on sky ?

Kind of difficult if you are with Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Join/subscribe to SetantaGo (I assume this'll be rebranded soon) as an online customer? https://www.setantago.com/subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lukker- wrote: »
    Kind of difficult if you are with Virgin

Hey the man said there was no legitimate way, and i gave the man a legitimate way.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Hey the man said there was no legitimate way, and i gave the man a legitimate way.

He can also pay for the ppv via the UFC website, which is way better because no fuarking ads every 10 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He can also pay for the ppv via the UFC website, which is way better because no fuarking ads every 10 seconds.

Or save yourself a fiver and buy it on YouTube.

UFC204 looking like it'll be on October 8th in Manchester.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/1442399/michael-bisping-hints-at-late-night-clash-with-dan-henderson-in-manchester/

"October is just around the corner. It's just 13 weeks until the fight. So I'll go out, I'll beat Dan Henderson, I'll pay him back for what happened in 2009."

That article was published 12 weeks and 2 days before the 8th October, presumably a few days after the actual interview so it's looking to be 8th or 15th October.
    Checking the MEN website and the entire weekend around the 15th is unavailable due to Disney On Ice (solid water, not the drug) so I've booked a refundable room for 8th. It's already slim pickings for hotels in that area.

Unfortunately it looks like it could be a similar timeslot to the Swedish card as he talks about a 4am main event.
    Great for American tv audiences but means you've got to revolve your entire weekend around it, pretty much. Still wouldn't miss it for the world though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

W'end of the 8th is internationals in football. I wonder if thats maybe something UFC look at so there events don't clash with club football. I think UFC Hamburg is on weekend with no league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Going to go over on Saturday midday then go home Sunday at 8am, not going to bother with a hotel if it finishes at 4am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think I might fly into Manchester, spend the weekend staying in Liverpool and then fly back out home hours after the fights finish. Would need to find a luggage storage service if one exists in Manchester to pull that off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Balls.

I would have loved to book a weekend to include a United match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was hoping it wouldn't be the 8th, flying out of Dub to Barca at 12pm on the 9th.

I suppose it's still doable...

maximoose wrote: »
    Was hoping it wouldn't be the 8th, flying out of Dub to Barca at 12pm on the 9th.

I suppose it's still doable...

The 8am flight if it doesn't get delayed will be grand for you lad. Just booked there for 60 all In, bit of a risk but sure look.

Flight over Sat afternoon and return on the Sunday 8am only €19 at the min too, fûck it I think it has to be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Be ok landing around 3.15pm surely? 19euro flights worth a look.

Flight over Sat afternoon and return on the Sunday 8am only €19 at the min too, fûck it I think it has to be done :)

Sure that's not Monday at 8am? The sunday 8am is on 30.

It'll be an 11pm ish start you'll be grand, we got the 5:45 arrival.

Booked it, afternoon departure in manchester not sure I choose the right one might book both.

Booked a room too free cancellation, worst case i'm 20 down best case a cheap title fight travel and acco costs.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Booked it, afternoon departure in manchester not sure I choose the right one might book both.

If you get onto live chat and the flights are the same price they'll switch you over
    Sure that's not Monday at 8am? The sunday 8am is on 30.

Yep, must have gone up - got them booked for €20.38 after paypal charge.

• Advertisement

I'm holding off booking anything until I hear something more definite. That article is from 5 days ago.
    Already mentioned about disney on over the 15th, but theres a girlband gig on Friday 7th in the MEN too. They said the Sydney show(yes it was on a much larger scale) took 5 days to setup. I'm not sure they would be able to break the stage down from Friday night & setup for Ufc overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Balls.

I would have loved to book a weekend to include a United match.

They could be playing Europa League on the Thursday? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not if it's International Weekend.

Unless that was just a dig at United being in the Europa...

In which case, :mad:

Geez wrongway, don't you know that Europa joke is exclusively for man utd fans to use against other clubs? :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

20 quid for flights. How much to get from airport to arena? Tempted to book flights now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

20 quid for flights. How much to get from airport to arena? Tempted to book flights now

About 7 quid return on the bus if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I just happen to be staying in Manchester that night anyway. Weird but perfect timing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

About 7 quid return on the bus if I remember correctly.

Hmm. Seems like a bit of a no brainer. Looks like the event is definitely the 8th. The only doubt is where.

Just don't be blaming me if it's wrong. I'm not booking any car hire until its confirmed, just a free cancellation hotel.
    Any injury or issue with the late license could scupper it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Whoops ;)

If event is kicking on late as suggested might actually hit the Rochdale game for something to do in meantime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement