Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Has there been any updates if UFC and BT Sports will renew their broadcast deal? It's meant to end next week but haven't heard anything off a new agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Has there been any updates if UFC and BT Sports will renew their broadcast deal? It's meant to end next week but haven't heard anything off a new agreement

The fact Eir are promoting the UFC on BT I would imagine they have retained the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ASOT wrote: »
    I'm delighted. Wonder what he's weighing now.

He'll add a bit of character to things that's for sure

Probably shouldn't be near the top contenders at either MW/LHW, but some fights against others near their end like Rashad Evans 2, or Rampage when he comes back to the UFC would be fun fights

Even Anderson for a 3rd time would be interesting to watch

He'll add a bit of character to things that's for sure

Probably shouldn't be near the top contenders at either MW/LHW, but some fights against others near their end like Rashad Evans 2, or Rampage when he comes back to the UFC would be fun fights

Even Anderson for a 3rd time would be interesting to watch

Will always love Chael, when he went around with the fake belt after the first Silva fight will stick with me forever.

Would watch a there of those fights and be happy with them, for my choice I'm gonna say he's fighting Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Coujd you imagine the craic at press conferences etc if him and mcgregor were on the same card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Does chael not get the Brock exemption?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Does chael not get the Brock exemption?
    He maybe could, ie be treated as his new fighter, if it wasnt for his past drug failures. In his case a clean test history would probably be a condition of his licensing. That was common even pre USADA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Mellor wrote: »
    He maybe could, ie be treated as his new fighter, if it wasnt for his past drug failures. In his case a clean test history would probably be a condition of his licensing. That was common even pre USADA

him saying hes ''basically clean'' on the mma hour wouldnt help either

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martinbe

ASOT wrote: »

The fact Eir are promoting the UFC on BT I would imagine they have retained the rights.
    I've been following it for a while now and nobody knows. My contract is up the start of August so id like to know if i should keep BT or dump it. The only thing ive seen that would make me think BTSport has the contract. BTSport are still promoting the UFC and on the UFC site says BTSport has 201 & 202. James Elliot said last month they have made a decision on the TV rights. Ive no idea why there dragging it on and not telling anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anyone know when they'll announce the date for 204? Maybe during Holm Shevchenko or 201 perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

kwestfan08 wrote:
    Anyone know when they'll announce the date for 204? Maybe during Holm Shevchenko or 201 perhaps?

Hopefully the 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Hopefully the 8th!

the 8th of october? might be a bit late to make the announcement

Belal Muhammad (9-1-0) vs. Augusto Montano (15-2-0); UFC Fight Night 94, September 17.

Looking forward to this, Muhammads last fight was a cracker and I have high hopes for Montano even if he did get sparked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jon Jones' NFL playing brother popped for PED's.

Paully D wrote: »
    Jon Jones' NFL playing brother popped for PED's.

I'd blame the hormones in the family dinner so.

SevereMMA reporting that Dan Henderson said 204 would be announced within the next 48 hours. Maybe during the Chicago card then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Looking forward to seeing those RyanAir flights skyrocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hope they don't follow Helwani on Twitter, haven't booked anything yet but he'll more than likely break the news first, so I could steal a march on O'Leary! :D

Already took a risky booking for 20 euro for the 8th

Beersmith wrote:
    the 8th of october? might be a bit late to make the announcement

Looks like it's definitely October and the 8th seems to fit in with the other numbered cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ASOT wrote:
    Looking forward to this, Muhammads last fight was a cracker and I have high hopes for Montano even if he did get sparked.

The same dodger who ran away from Cathal Pendred and then got popped for drugs after the fight???

brinty wrote: »
    The same dodger who ran away from Cathal Pendred and then got popped for drugs after the fight???

That's the one, I was thinking of a completely different fighter though in Augusto Mendes which I never copped wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nate Diaz gonna be on Conan o Brien next week, should be hilarious.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nate Diaz gonna be on Conan o Brien next week, should be hilarious.

Depends how high he is, he can get to the point that he won't talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Dam it i was hoping to wake up to booking Manchester !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Already took a risky booking for 20 euro for the 8th

To be fair to you, for that price there's no risk really. You were dead right.

John_D80 wrote:
    To be fair to you, for that price there's no risk really. You were dead right.

Yeah I figured it's 20 quid so feck it. 6 of us booked. Looks like theres already a fight night on either side of the 8th so fingers crossed.

really hope chael passes these tests and all the stuff hes coming out with lately is just talk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Depp wrote: »
    really hope chael passes these tests and all the stuff hes coming out with lately is just talk

I don't know, at his age it's probably best to stay retired unless they match him up versus some other veterans. He popped for 6 different things, a record that will probably never be broken. Everything from HGH, EPO, anti-estrogen, test. I'm surprised his piss didn't melt the container. How can he expect to be at any sort of high level after 2 years out and being off the sauce?

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't know, at his age it's probably best to stay retired unless they match him up versus some other veterans. He popped for 6 different things, a record that will probably never be broken. Everything from HGH, EPO, anti-estrogen, test. I'm surprised his piss didn't melt the container. How can he expect to be at any sort of high level after 2 years out and being off the sauce?

Id love to see him come back and kick the f*ck out of tim kennedy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement