Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

shocksy wrote: »
    Likewise, I like to use Fightpass, and the PPV on there, I don't subscribe to BT etc. But at least we will have this option (below) for UFC202 for a reliable stream. The only downfall is that you have to give one months notice to cancel.

https://www.setantago.com/subscribe

cheers didnt realise that was an option, definitely be less of a headache than an illegal stream! might get that for saturday night so!

Ah sh1t I just noticed that I cant buy 202 on UFC.tv and I can't get BT on Virgin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Mark Hunt was on the MMA Hour yesterday. He was píssed off.

Go to 3:20

AS someone rather amusingly said in the comments

"If you listen closely Mark Hunt suggests Brock Lesnar was cheating"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Catching up with yesterday's MMA Hour.... Holy hell, Mark Hunt's rant is absolutely amazing. He is going off on errrrbody.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »
    Catching up with yesterday's MMA Hour.... Holy hell, Mark Hunt's rant is absolutely amazing. He is going off on errrrbody.

In fairness he's right aswell, absolutely done anything the UFC wanted then gets the short end of the stick now like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ASOT wrote: »
    In fairness he's right aswell, absolutely done anything the UFC wanted then gets the short end of the stick now like.

It's the most animated I've ever heard him. He's usually bollocksed tired when Ariel interviews him but man, he's angry.

The fact that nobody called him or anything is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's the most animated I've ever heard him. He's usually bollocksed tired when Ariel interviews him but man, he's angry.

The fact that nobody called him or anything is pathetic.

Jeff Novitsky called him after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

shocksy wrote:
    Eir is the reason 202 is blocked out, so if they have the rights then surely all the UFC events would be blocked out in Ireland? I don't know, it's all very secretive since they took over

This is bull is it really not on fightpass, so I have no legal way to watch ppv anymore. Madness I've bought every ppv in hd for last 2 years. And now I have to resort to stealing it when I'd much prefer to buy the dam thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This is bull is it really not on fightpass, so I have no legal way to watch ppv anymore. Madness I've bought every ppv in hd for last 2 years. And now I have to resort to stealing it when I'd much prefer to buy the dam thing

I'm the same as yourself, I always purchase it on PPV from ufc.tv

Eir obviously taking the absolute piss now as they have won rights and want to get as many subscriptions as they can for the McGregor fight.

It will kill me to pay them the money to watch it on their website live.

The events after 202 seems to be available for purchase on the ufc.tv website though. No doubt next time McGregor is fighting they will pull the same stunt again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Will it still be on BT

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Will it still be on BT

You can't get BT without switching over to Sky, which is a bit of a paradox.

Getting a Skybox sub just for BT is a bit too much for most people if they are already with Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    Will it still be on BT

The gist is it is on BT but it's now part of the Eir pack, Virgin media have dropped the Eir pack as themselves and Eir could not negotiate a deal so will come unavailable to those customers end of this month.

In turn Virgin replaced the pack with some Sky mix channel telling their customers who may be signed up for quite a period, cancellation costs will apply as the BT channels etc were an add ons and not a downgrade in their existing service.

UFC.tv have UFC202 blacked out most likely on Eir's behalf.

Lukker- wrote: »

Getting a Skybox sub just for BT is a bit too much for most people if they are already with Virgin.

I'm in the strange situation of having BT through work but no sky subscription, hopefully it stays that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

D.Q wrote:
    I'm in the strange situation of having BT through work but no sky subscription, hopefully it stays that way

Do you work for BT/Eir????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

MXq box with kodi and a 6 month sub to sports**** ......all the sport under the sun.......total outlay sub 60 bucks

sonofenoch wrote: »
    MXq box with kodi and a 6 month sub to sportsmania ......all the sport under the sun.......total outlay sub 60 bucks

I pay about the same for a similar service, £28 for the year, HD streaming and just use my Chromecast to watch it on the TV.

Not gonna mention any names though as it breaks boards ToS

brinty wrote: »
    Do you work for BT/Eir????

Nope, just an affiliated company. Pay for the sky broadband, but that's it. Have BT/Setanta on the sky box. Pretty sweet deal, hopefully the eir takeover doesn't ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I pay about the same for a similar service, £28 for the year, HD streaming and just use my Chromecast to watch it on the TV.

Not gonna mention any names though as it breaks boards ToS

Really then I edited it .......but it seems a no brainer to me, for what you pay in a month to tv companies you can get for month(s)....I 've a couple those boxes hooked up in different rooms, the quality streams is great and a huge variety of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I just had a sky box with the free channels and on eircom broadband and just had to enter card number for Eir sport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I rent apartments for 3 month leases as I have to move around the country at least twice a year for work, which rules out sky or BT as I can't get TV for leases that short.

This is why fightpass was a godsend for me, often had to watch an event on my phone or tablet at times.

Im a actually devastated by this news.

Any legal work Round proxy's on fightpass for example as I'm technically a bit dim

• Advertisement

I rent apartments for 3 month leases as I have to move around the country at least twice a year for work, which rules out sky or BT as I can't get TV for leases that short.

This is why fightpass was a godsend for me, often had to watch an event on my phone or tablet at times.

Im a actually devastated by this news.

Any legal work Round proxy's on fightpass for example as I'm technically a bit dim

I had a look there, you can use a VPN. I'm trying to access using diff countries proxies and it's blocked in a good few, tried UK, Netherlands.

The only one bar the US I could find was New Zealand and it came to about €40.

Cheapest I've found is if you use a VPN like Hola and change your country to Hong Kong you can get it for $25. You need to clear your cookies before going to UFC.tv though, because it will remember the location of the last country you visited the site from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That's a relief! Hopefully BT can up their game on their in house stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Now if they would just announce the UK card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

At least we know now can drop my half price sky sports that's coming to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Rogan re-signed with reduced schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had to double take there. Re-signed, phew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

maximoose wrote: »
    Had to double take there. Re-signed, phew :pac:

Yep. Just fixed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I can't get a Sky box in my apartment, not too sure if I would anyway to be honest. It'd be great if Bt/Eir had a Playstation app you could subscribe to. Or if a Fightpass subscription carried all the live events.

Have an Android box and a decent PC so I will be able to watch all the fights live or on delay. The thing is I'm willing to pay for a legal way of watching in HD if it was made easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement