Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

You can sign up for Setanta Go to watch the event.

https://www.setantago.com

You get a month for 17e so it works out cheaper than buying the PPV through the ufc app when that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can't get a Sky box in my apartment, not too sure if I would anyway to be honest. It'd be great if Bt/Eir had a Playstation app you could subscribe to. Or if a Fightpass subscription carried all the live events.

Have an Android box and a decent PC so I will be able to watch all the fights live or on delay. The thing is I'm willing to pay for a legal way of watching in HD if it was made easier.

Install the UFC app on your android box and you can purchase/watch the PPV there.

maximoose wrote: »
    Install the UFC app on your android box and you can purchase/watch the PPV there.

202 has a blackout in Ireland so you cant do it that way for that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If you install kodi media player there are a number of custom add ons you can then install to view different channels and sporting events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ASOT wrote: »
    You can sign up for Setanta Go to watch the event.

https://www.setantago.com

You get a month for 17e so it works out cheaper than buying the PPV through the ufc app when that was possible.

Is there an xbox app for this setanta go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Eir really are not winning any fans with their Setanta takeover. They had the cheek to look for the same price €25 when the Premiership package had reduced by almost 50% live games. I cancelled mine out of principle as they would not reduce the price. It'll last for 202 but after that I'll be trying fight pass or PPV for when Eir don't decide to block it. Otherwise it will be that setanta go or .........other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I have a feeling Eir might have negotiated that PPV's with Conor on them will be exclusive to BT/Eir Sport with the rest of them being available to buy on UFC.tv as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i reckon themaclife.com yo! will have exclusive rights from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Lukker- wrote: »
    You can't get BT without switching over to Sky, which is a bit of a paradox.

Getting a Skybox sub just for BT is a bit too much for most people if they are already with Virgin.

Yes you can. A subscription to Sky is not needed at all. Eir handle all of their own subscriptions. Sky do not get a look in at all so you can have only the Eir Sport pack and FTA channels only.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes you can. A subscription to Sky is not needed at all. Eir handle all of their own subscriptions. Sky do not get a look in at all so you can have only the Eir Sport pack and FTA channels only.

Still have to get a Skybox which is a pain in the ass, especially if Virgin are your TV/BB provider.

Looks like Setanta Go is probably the best way to get the fight if you don't want to go down the route of getting a new box/switching provider.

Do Eir plan on keeping it going?

• Advertisement

Vitor Belfort vs Gegard Mousasi targeted for UFC 204. 8 October date mentioned by Globo. I'm tempted by this, cracking fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Vitor Belfort vs Gegard Mousasi targeted for UFC 204. 8 October date mentioned by Globo. I'm tempted by this, cracking fight.

Great booking, if either Bisping or Henderson have to pull out they have the backup option of Vitor or Mousasi to fill the main event.

Good fight too on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems like 204 is going to be the usual American PPV time slot too. You can get a flight over in the afternoon and back first thing Sunday morning for less than €30 at the moment.

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems like 204 is going to be the usual American PPV time slot too. You can get a flight over in the afternoon and back first thing Sunday morning for less than €30 at the moment.

It was 19 earlier on in the week I'd imagine it will keep going up, then rocket up once announced. Hopefully it doesn't get announced for London, but again flights are only 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Paully D wrote:

Already booked it for 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It was 19 earlier on in the week I'd imagine it will keep going up, then rocket up once announced. Hopefully it doesn't get announced for London, but again flights are only 30.

I'm not going to take the chance until it's officially announced, but hopefully it won't jump up too much from €30. There's a number of different time slots available going out and coming back, and if it is American PPV time even if we were to land in Manchester up until around 8pm we'd be at that arena with plenty of time to spare before the first fight.

The only thing holding me back is not knowing for sure if it will be an American PPV time as there's not much point in landing in Manchester for say 6pm if the event ends up starting at 4pm!

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm not going to take the chance until it's officially announced, but hopefully it won't jump up too much from €30. There's a number of different time slots available going out and coming back, and if it is American PPV time even if we were to land in Manchester up until around 8pm we'd be at that arena with plenty of time to spare before the first fight.

The only thing holding me back is not knowing for sure if it will be an American PPV time as there's not much point in landing in Manchester for say 6pm if the event ends up starting at 4pm!

We booked the 1pm flight then first flight home, worth taking the risk for the sake of 19 quid! About 8 of us going to so it should be decent either way. Already have a plan b sorted if it somehow is on in London, £12 train and 16e return flight from London. Would make it a bit of a trek but it's all part of the adventure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I've heard from several people it's going to be London because Manchester isn't doable that weekend.

Rogan also said London on his podcast yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I've heard from several people it's going to be London because Manchester isn't doable that weekend.

Jaysus, some people on here will be sickened...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya he also said Ricky Hatton was Irish and Florian was a legit play by play guy.

Joe is not doing any more overseas cards anymore.

Jaysus, some people on here will be sickened...

Not really it's only 19e, worst case a train to London & a 16e flight home. I doubt anybody would be sickened at all. I'd actually rather London because iv family there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Not really it's only 19e, worst case a train to London & a 16e flight home.

Totally. Anyone that did roll the dice on a flight made the right move of course. If you're gonna be sickened over losing out on 20 euro, you're not gonna be going to a UFC event in the UK. I'd have done the same already except I have a family event on that weekend.

And nothing confirmed yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, I booked my flight using paypal credit from surveys so not too bothered if it is London in the end. Flights €34 at the minute into London, getting from the city to Gatwick/Stansted for the 8am flight home is a bit more of a pain than Manchester would be though.

Hopefully confirmation shortly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not really it's only 19e, worst case a train to London & a 16e flight home. I doubt anybody would be sickened at all. I'd actually rather London because iv family there.

Probably cheaper to book another flight to London instead of get the train the prices are crazy for Manchester to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If it's announced to be London, I assume the flights wouldn't be effected too much as there's always something going on in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote:

Worth keeping in mind the trains from Manchester to London that day will be pretty packed I'd imagine with people travelling to support Bisping.

Worth keeping in mind the trains from Manchester to London that day will be pretty packed I'd imagine with people travelling to support Bisping.

Yeah iv scrapped that idea I'll just fly to London and save any hassle, I love an adventure all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ush1 wrote: »
    If it's announced to be London, I assume the flights wouldn't be effected too much as there's always something going on in London.

Of course they won't be affected. For the Bisping/Silva event I got my flight over for €9.99 a few days before the event.

I said from the start it will be a London card. They won't deviate from there with the quality that the 02 has and how accessible London is etc.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Of course they won't be affected. For the Bisping/Silva event I got my flight over for €9.99 a few days before the event.

I said from the start it will be a London card. They won't deviate from there with the quality that the 02 has and how accessible London is etc.

We will see anyway I seen a few articles saying manchester on the 8th, but then rogan said London but as already pointed out he's a bit all over the place with things outside the US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement