Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Just booked flights there impromptu. 18e return is too good value with no accommodation expenses. Never been to a UFC event before so hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Won't let me add the link but looks like Struve will be on 204 card

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Won't let me add the link but looks like Struve will be on 204 card

Looks to be against Ruslan Magomedov, good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

martyos121 wrote: »
    Looks to be against Ruslan Magomedov, good fight.

Snooze fest IMO. I hope it's on early as that fight has the potential to put people to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,406 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

a teammate of mine is fighting tonight. Bantamweight, pro fight.
    She weighed in bang on 135lb, she's been cutting weight hard in the lad up, and had to hit the sauna to get the last bit off on the day.

She makes weight bang on like a pro.
    Her opponent jumps on the scales, announced as 143.5lbs, and she doesn't bat an eye. Did not give a sh*t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

She might if she loses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    a teammate of mine is fighting tonight. Bantamweight, pro fight.
    She weighed in bang on 135lb, she's been cutting weight hard in the lad up, and had to hit the sauna to get the last bit off on the day.

She makes weight bang on like a pro.
    Her opponent jumps on the scales, announced as 143.5lbs, and she doesn't bat an eye. Did not give a sh*t

Nearly 10lbs up. Does she have to give up a % of her money?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,406 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beersmith wrote: »
    She might if she loses
    I'm not sure I follow...
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nearly 10lbs up. Does she have to give up a % of her money?
    Yeah, well the weights are done in KG officially, it was 4kg.
    I'm not sure what happens with the purse. But she said not fighting wasn't an option.

Just got the results there, she won via UD anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Im saying if she gets beaten she might be a tad pissed off her opponent missed weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beersmith wrote: »
    Im saying if she gets beaten she might be a tad pissed off her opponent missed weight.

He meant her opponent didn't give a ****e about missing weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

super unproffessional from the girl not making weight she has every right to be pissed off to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

This whole Virgin Media/Setanta fallout is seriously annoying. Has anyone been on to Virgin to cancel subscription? Do they impose penalties for cancellation? Is the only reliable way to watch UFC202 now to get Eir TV (in apartment so Sky not an option). I was going to go fight pass/ppv route but see that UFC 202 is not on there. I think this is very sneaky and shows very little respect for consumers. I only had BT sport for UFC so if anyone has other suggestions for getting other reliable access to UFC 202 please let me know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

EoineyM wrote: »
    This whole Virgin Media/Setanta fallout is seriously annoying. Has anyone been on to Virgin to cancel subscription? Do they impose penalties for cancellation? Is the only reliable way to watch UFC202 now to get Eir TV (in apartment so Sky not an option). I was going to go fight pass/ppv route but see that UFC 202 is not on there. I think this is very sneaky and shows very little respect for consumers. I only had BT sport for UFC so if anyone has other suggestions for getting other reliable access to UFC 202 please let me know. Thanks

The internet. Im in same boat

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

EoineyM wrote: »

I cancelled the tv & got Sky in, they came out last week & installed it. No cancellation fee but I think I was out of contract anyways. I'll wait til later in August to switch on BT Sports with Sky.

Masvidal basically just announced in the cage that he'll be on the card for 203 in Ohio.

Looks like Dylan 'the nuke' Tuke from SBG has racked up another win :D Happy for him

Looks like Dylan 'the nuke' Tuke from SBG has racked up another win :D Happy for him

Nothing to do with the UFC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

know its probably bollocks but was just on wikipedia there and on the list of ufc events page it has 204 down as the 8th in the manchester arena, hopefully something to it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Nothing to do with the UFC though.

Its like six degrees of MMA seperation.

-Tuke wins a fight in another promotion
    -Tuke is a teammate of McGregor
    -McGregor fights in the UFC
    -Tuke news is ok in the UFC thread

;):D

Sherdog are obviously amazing for fight stats, not sure how they are for event info but they have 204 posted as Oct 8th Manchester now.
    http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-204-Bisping-vs-Henderson-2-54381

you'd have to wonder what the hold up is for the official announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I really hope this goes ahead on the dates mentioned

booking.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Decided to book my flight for UFC 204... Hopeful flight for UFC 204 anyway. ;)

€18.34 for that Saturday evening flight - Returning at 8am the following morning. Gonna be one exhausting day/night but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Didn't wanna wait around on the lads in case flights shoot up when it's announced.

See u on the flight! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

The 8am flight is going to be hilarious.

ASOT wrote: »
    The 8am flight is going to be hilarious.

Queue for the boarding gate.

-The-Walking-Dead-Zombies-zombies-39487441-500-275.gif

Fine for you Dub lads. I'll have to get a 2 hour bus back to Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

I could probably walk home and still have time left over haha there's 9 of us going it should be good anyway, hopefully the card gets officially announced soon.

2 hours kip on the bus though.

ASOT wrote: »
    I could probably walk home and still have time left over haha there's 9 of us going it should be good anyway, hopefully the card gets officially announced soon.

I have a feeling they'll put Bisping on the FS1 analyst table this weekend and he'll announce it live at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'll be flying over Italy while you're in bed ya jammy git

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement