Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That_Guy wrote:
    2 hours kip on the bus though.

That_Guy wrote:
    2 hours kip on the bus though.

For some reason I can't sleep on public transport so if all goes to plan I'll be the langers guy watching fightpass on my phone for two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Also on the 8am flight back. It could be a strong contender for most Boards posters in one place the way things are going. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ian McCall on the MMA Hour alluded to him fighting Wilson Reis. That'd be a great fight. Big test for Uncle Creepy for sure but a good looking bout.

Paully D wrote: »
    Also on the 8am flight back. It could be a strong contender for most Boards posters in one place the way things are going. :pac:

We'll have a bloody convoy of taxis heading from MEN to the airport at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ian McCall on the MMA Hour alluded to him fighting Wilson Reis. That'd be a great fight. Big test for Uncle Creepy for sure but a good looking bout.

Lost a bit of respect for scoggins goading him on twitter about not taking the fight even though it was himself being unprofessional that got it scrapped in the first place. Fair play to Ian he came out and said he didn't feel up to it because when he fought Lineker the weight differece was to much.

• Advertisement

What flight is everyone on going over, we ended up on the 1.30pm flight or something to that effect, will be a long days session before the fights.

ASOT wrote: »
    What flight is everyone on going over, we ended up on the 1.30pm flight or something to that effect, will be a long days session before the fights.

4:40pm flight for me anyway. We may have to ask you to scout ahead and find us a pub to meet up in.

4.40 here too. The earlier flight had gone up to 35 euro god forbid.....Hopefully it is American ppv times. And yes, ASOT will lead the way for best spot in Manchester. Haha

Don't worry lads I have a few spots lined up already, there's a great little sport near Old Trafford over on Salford Quays, lovely food, cheap drink it was a godsend when we were over a few weeks ago I'll have to try find the name!

ASOT wrote: »

I think it's 1:50pm for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

How are you guys getting from the men to the airport the next day?

Beersmith wrote:

Crawling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

We all meet up with mcgregor reebok gear on in the printworks lol

Just watching prelims from the other night Ross Pearson looks like he is fading into obscurity ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beersmith wrote: »

I'm just going to get the tram.

There's a tram?

Will they be running at that time of an early Sunday morning? I'm sure we could find a meeting spot and grab taxi's no bother.

Or walk. ;)

Will they be running at that time of an early Sunday morning? I'm sure we could find a meeting spot and grab taxi's no bother.

Or walk. ;)

6.12 tram gets to the airport at 6.57, which is plenty of time for an 8am flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Or walk. ;)

amount of yee heading over you could nearly rent a bus :D

There's a tram?

Erm, yup. Metrolink, there's something like 7 lines.

Erm, yup. Metrolink, there's something like 7 lines.

Just surprised there's one at that time of the morning. As someone said earlier there's probably enough for us to get a bus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

is it def on at american PPV times, or thats just the assumption? thinking of maybe booking flights and deciding later if I will go. Is Manchester worth visiting as a city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Manchester has decent nighife but i prefer liverpool. A more relaxed atmosphere.

Anyone based on previous events be able to give a rough estimate how much a ticket would be for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Louis Smolka v Sergio Pettis set for the Portland card on October 1st. Cool fight, but I wish they'd give Smolka a step up. He's more than ready for it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Can i ask for someone to bring me up to speed on UFC204?

Is it in Manchester?

Everyone booking early to save money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

akelly02 wrote: »
    Can i ask for someone to bring me up to speed on UFC204?

Is it in Manchester?

Everyone booking early to save money?

Nothing confirmed.

Boards as put 1+1+1 together and come up with oct 8th in Manchester.

Fights out and back are cheap so lads are booking up early.

I like cake.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

I wish they'd get their skates on with an announcement. Went back through my emails there, for ufc 189 I bought my tickets in March and for ufc 194 I got my tickets in September. 4 months and 3 months in advance of the event. Ufc 204 is apparently meant to occur in two months time and there's not even an official announcement yet

Ah disappointed I cant convince any of the lads to go over, would you reckon going over along would be worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'm likely to be on my Todd, **** it not going to miss out if i can get it cheap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement