Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I may have just got boss approval for UFC 205 in NYC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'll be heading over alone as well. The fooking lads are useless unless el tappo is involved.

Yeah I'm sure there will be people from boards to meet up with for a few beers over there hopefully?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I may have just got boss approval for UFC 205 in NYC...

go way and fook off

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

steveydon wrote: »
    I wish they'd get their skates on with an announcement. Went back through my emails there, for ufc 189 I bought my tickets in March and for ufc 194 I got my tickets in September. 4 months and 3 months in advance of the event. Ufc 204 is apparently meant to occur in two months time and there's not even an official announcement yet

Surely has to be announced soon.

Less than 10 weeks to go like.

Going to be some disappointing if it doesn't happen now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Just booked a flight myself, going over solo. Ryanair out at 16.40 return at 8am on the Sunday!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Just booked a flight myself, going over solo. Ryanair out at 16.40 return at 8am on the Sunday!

I just booked that exact same flight there and back and also going solo :cool: Any of those people going solo want to meet up for a few beers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any idea how much a ticket will be for ufc manchester ?

ricero wrote: »
    Any idea how much a ticket will be for ufc manchester ?

European ones aren't usually too bad. I had front row seats in Cologne for UFC 99 for €250.

That said it's a numbered event and a Bisping title defence. I'd say they'll range from £55 to £285 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Happy birthday to Mr Stockton

073014-UFC-Nick-Diaz-J2-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.28.jpg

Perfect present with his ban being up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone else sick to death of hearing about GSP and potential comebacks at this stage? McGregor, Lawler, Bisping, Woodley. Every single ****ing day he's linked with a new opponent and subsequent comeback. I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to a fight with Joanna or Nunes yet. :mad:

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone else sick to death of hearing about GSP and potential comebacks at this stage? McGregor, Lawler, Bisping, Woodley. Every single ****ing day he's linked with a new opponent and subsequent comeback. I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to a fight with Joanna or Nunes yet. :mad:

I personally don't like watching gsp fights, his documentary is unreal though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Crustacean

New to boards but huge MMA fan. Ive been to 17 shows from UFC 170. Only back from woodley and RL back.out for 20th.

Cant wait conor within 2.

ASOT wrote: »
    Paully D wrote: »

I personally don't like watching gsp fights, his documentary is unreal though.

What do.you dislike about GSP, hes a class above, given hes had some bad fights throughout technically an amazing fighter and exciting.

Crustacean wrote: »
    What do.you dislike about GSP, hes a class above, given hes had some bad fights throughout technically an amazing fighter and exciting.

Don't get me wrong he's an amazing fighter I just think to many of his latter fights were absolute snoozers, which is why I was never pushed. Early on in his career he was a killer though which was much more enjoyable. Man's a credit to the sport though class above the rest which is maybe why the fights weren't as good as he just shut Poeple down.

Don't get me wrong he's an amazing fighter I just think to many of his latter fights were absolute snoozers, which is why I was never pushed. Early on in his career he was a killer though which was much more enjoyable. Man's a credit to the sport though class above the rest which is maybe why the fights weren't as good as he just shut Poeple down.

Id the pleasure of meeting him in Toronto and also at a workshop in ATT gym. My experience of 8 9 year ago overshadows the latter for me. Hes a phenomenal fighter who along with BJ carried MMA in the main with Chuck liddel and the likes. As he aged and issues with his back became persistent he slowed as a dynamic fighter I agree.

Id the pleasure of meeting him in Toronto and also at a workshop in ATT gym. My experience of 8 9 year ago overshadows the latter for me. Hes a phenomenal fighter who along with BJ carried MMA in the main with Chuck liddel and the likes. As he aged and issues with his back became persistent he slowed as a dynamic fighter I agree.

Ah I'm jealous, the man's a living legend. The distance he travelled to get started in mma was amazing, ridiculous dedication.

Ah I'm jealous, the man's a living legend. The distance he travelled to get started in mma was amazing, ridiculous dedication.

Yes definitely mate, ireland will eventually breath stars as good with a bit of luck one day hahah.

Anyone over for 202?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

going to pull the trigger for manchester,,,gonna go sat morning come back tuesday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

akelly02 wrote: »
    going to pull the trigger for manchester,,,gonna go sat morning come back tuesday i think

That's a lot of time to spend in Manchester. It's not the best of cities to spend a number of days in.

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »

Manchesters not a bad spot, card wont be great, I seen bisping trying to get Henderson or GSP fight for it.

I wish they would hurry up and confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Am I the only one who's a bit concerned about it at this point? They're confirming fights for Mexico in November but yet one of their big PPV fights for two months time isn't confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

That's a lot of time to spend in Manchester. It's not the best of cities to spend a number of days in.

She who must be obeyed is coming so I could leave her in the Trafford centre for the few days and go drink myself silly.

steveydon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's a bit concerned about it at this point? They're confirming fights for Mexico in November but yet one of their big PPV fights for two months time isn't confirmed
    Id say its the fact that cards have been stacked with named fighters so probably little harder to put names to cards on shows in the UK as its not a high value event.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I'm likely to be on my Todd, **** it not going to miss out if i can get it cheap
    dashoonage wrote: »
    I'll be heading over alone as well. The fooking lads are useless unless el tappo is involved.
    I just booked that exact same flight there and back and also going solo :cool: Any of those people going solo want to meet up for a few beers?

I'm likely heading solo. Lads are absolutely useless at committing to anything and I'll be damned if I'm missing a PPV within arms reach for that price.

Id say its the fact that cards have been stacked with named fighters so probably little harder to put names to cards on shows in the UK as its not a high value event.

I'll be honest the two fights announced all ready are fine. Bring on some talent from the local EU mma scene for the prelims and id be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The persona evolution continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

JoeyJJ wrote: »

The persona evolution continues...

Haha, awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nate Diaz has stumbled into the mainstream in a big way and I don't think he realises it yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement