Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah just bad English out of the khabib. Clever out of Tony though, get some beef going so if be beats RDA and when Khabb beats Eddie, he could get first dibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I read that completely different. He's taking the piss?

Yeah he's taking the piss, saying they found d courge in his tests and taking a dig at Tony, just lightening up the mood lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote:
    Yeah he's taking the piss, saying they found d courge in his tests and taking a dig at Tony, just lightening up the mood lads.

Ah....brain still a bit fried from work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If Khabib ever pops I'll give up this sport. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

new rules being brought in that take away one of Jon Jones weapons!

fighters are no longer allowed have extended fingers directed at an opponents face, so even if theyre not making contact its judged as a foul

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    If Khabib ever pops I'll give up this sport. :pac:

Awh man id be so sad, he's my pride and joy the lads would never let me live it down iv pushed him on them that much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

October 8th in Manchester at 5am confirmed by Bisping on MMA ON Sirius XM. Can't link the tweets for some reason.

October 8th in Manchester at 5am confirmed by Bisping on MMA ON Sirius XM. Can't link the tweets for some reason.

excellent, wonder when tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Flights booked. Out on the 16:40 and back on the 8am!

London went on sale to fightclub members with no fights announced.
    Hamburg went through all sales with no fights announced.
    Was beginning to think they'd sell tickets with no date, venue or fights announced!!

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Flights booked. Out on the 16:40 and back on the 8am!

You and everyone else on the forum. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cyborg headlining a card in Brazil against a Swedish girl making her UFC debut. Bout at 140.

Erick Silva v Bradon Thatch
    Paul Felder v Francisco Trinaldo

...and Renan Barao taking a huge step down in competition against Phillippe Nover amongst the fights anounced for end of September show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

That seems to say that the main card would be 1am....so main event around 3am ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It will be 11pm for early prelims, 1am for prelims and 3am for main card. Like most PPV events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,575 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some weird I just learnt.

There has only been 2 arm bars in the UFC this year. From Jan to Jun of this year, there was none.
    The two armbars occurred in back to back matches on the RDA v Alvarez undercard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hate this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone with spare fight club allocation please keep me in mind for use of code if possible. Flights booked a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

I wonder what the story with pints in the arena is gonna be? Surely they'll be selling booze. Also my fight club membership runs out on Sept 1st so I'm seriously crossing my fingers that they're on sale before then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Flights booked for Manchester! Going solo, hoping I can make some friends from this forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saw it confirmed above via Botter above but Ariel also running with the 8th October in Manchester with US PPV times.

Great news. That 8am flight back is perfect. No need to even bring a bag! :D

There'll be a few people asleep in the arena come main card time I bet. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Booked 2nd flight back got 8am slot, might cancel hotel, see closer to the time. 3 flights 26 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Delighted. Just hope tickets aren't too much of a shîtfest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

i think those of you who have booked the 8am flight home might be cutting it fine to make it. I was in manchester airport 3 weeks ago on a sunday morning and i was an hour alone in security. If the main event goes 5 rounds yer definitely in trouble

i think those of you who have booked the 8am flight home might be cutting it fine to make it. I was in manchester airport 3 weeks ago on a sunday morning and i was an hour alone in security. If the main event goes 5 rounds yer definitely in trouble

There security is a joke but if you tell them your flights about to close they will rush you through, we left our hotel a few weeks ago with only an hour and ten minutes to make the flight and just about managed it by the skin of our teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

ASOT wrote: »
    There security is a joke but if you tell them your flights about to close they will rush you through, we left our hotel a few weeks ago with only an hour and ten minutes to make the flight and just about managed it by the skin of our teeth.

The thing is the majority of the people going home on that flight are probably going to be coming home from the event. There's no way there going to let the majority of the flight skip the Q. We booked the 12 flight home just in case, wouldn't enjoy the night if we had to worry bout making the flight

ASOT wrote: »

If it's a given that the event finishes at 6am, we'll have a solid 2 hours to get to the airport.

Takes around 40 mins by tram/metro.

20 mins by taxi.

Most on this forum will breeze past security with no bags to scan through. I think it'll be grand.

If people are worried about missing flights we can arrange for taxis etc especially for those who are travelling solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ugh just realised my Fight Club is up on 17th of August, chances of tickets going on sale before then slim I imagine.
    The thing is the majority of the people going home on that flight are probably going to be coming home from the event.

No bags, we'll all fly through :pac:

I have to be on that flight to make another one at 12pm in Dub, will be gutted if I have to leave early but I'll take the chance.

The thing is the majority of the people going home on that flight are probably going to be coming home from the event. There's no way there going to let the majority of the flight skip the Q. We booked the 12 flight home just in case, wouldn't enjoy the night if we had to worry bout making the flight

They rushed 16 of us through after a music festival we will be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I live in Donegal so I have 2 choices.

Derry to Liverpool and then a bus to Manchester, or bus to Belfast then Belfast to Manchester.

Both flights return around lunchtime so that's straightforward. Same price too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement