Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I buy the yearly fightpass sub every year, so that's money they won't get anymore.

I bought EVERY event last 3 years that's money the will lose going forward.

Crazy business decisions here.

And tbh I don't wanna watch a crappy quality free stream. So without being overly dramatic that's me probably finished following mma, what's the point if you can't watch the fights.

I mean over the years me going on about it in work with friends etc convinced a few to start following it as well, that's gone now as well.

Sorry for rant just genuinely upset by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I buy the yearly fightpass sub every year, so that's money they won't get anymore.

I bought EVERY event last 3 years that's money the will lose going forward.

Crazy business decisions here.

And tbh I don't wanna watch a crappy quality free stream. So without being overly dramatic that's me probably finished following mma, what's the point if you can't watch the fights.

I mean over the years me going on about it in work with friends etc convinced a few to start following it as well, that's gone now as well.

Sorry for rant just genuinely upset by this.

It's total BS but I imagine they are getting a massive sum from BT/whoever for them to actually do this. They will still come out for the better financially for this and won't give a single f**k about lost fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Yeah I have been paying for UFC fightpass forever and I bought maybe every second PPV since I got BT sports out. I am in contract with Virgin and BT sports isn't available on Virgin so I'll have to illegally stream UFC to watch it, shame really cause I was happy enough paying for a HD stream.

Would getting BT Sports be an option for people who used to pay for PPV's anyway? Its about €22 a month for BT and you get every UFC event plus champions league, premier league and European champions cup rugby. Its a no brainer for me as I watch all the above. Forking out €18.99 for 1 PPV seems excessive imo when you can get a whole lot more for a few euro extra.

Hoki wrote: »
    Would getting BT Sports be an option for people who used to pay for PPV's anyway? Its about €22 a month for BT and you get every UFC event plus champions league, premier league and European champions cup rugby. Its a no brainer for me as I watch all the above. Forking out €18.99 for 1 PPV seems excessive imo when you can get a whole lot more for a few euro extra.

You can't get BT sports with Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Oh I probably would if I have access, but limited in my apartment block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6 years to the day since Silva submitted Sonnen at UFC 117. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Hoki wrote:

Live in an apartment so it's not an option as landlord won't agree. So kinda screwed to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

the online sub to eir sport seems like the only option at the minute anyway, definitely annoying but Im not too put out by it, not far off price wise and has a bit on it at least, not having the fight library probably be the biggest problem!

Depp wrote: »
    the online sub to eir sport seems like the only option at the minute anyway, definitely annoying but Im not too put out by it, not far off price wise and has a bit on it at least, not having the fight library probably be the biggest problem!

Can someone who is not a sky customer or Eir customer sign up to setanta go? There doesn't seem to be an option there for that?

Can someone who is not a sky customer or Eir customer sign up to setanta go? There doesn't seem to be an option there for that?

was an online only option when i signed up anyway!, dunno if theyve changed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

They must have changed it, it was 16es a month but now the options gone :(

haha I mean i have 20 euro available to spend on something every month. If UFC give me that option they will have a PPV bought, I'll pay for BT sports if possible, youtube etc. If all this fails I will have to use illegal streams and that is down to me literally not being able to pay for a legit stream. Crazy in 2016 when so many companies complain about piracy but when people actually want to pay for stuff they make it difficult.

ASOT wrote: »
    They must have changed it, it was 16es a month but now the options gone :(

https://www.setantago.com/subscribe/new-customer

I bookmarked the link for the signup page before i signed up and it still seems to be live for the online only option if anyone wants to give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

I went ahead and changed from Virgin Media to Eir. Totally feel like the us consumers are getting shafted. Especially when I see the Eir posters on the bus stops with the pictures of McGregor and the message "Virgin Media Subscribers, don't miss out on the action!", or something to that effect. The timing of the deal and the late notice is clearly deliberate to get the max number transfered over by the 20th August. Its all very frustrating. If I was more tech savvy I would have gone the streaming route. As it is, I am now left hoping there are no complications when these rip off merchants come to do the installation on the 18th!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nope, not true either, if it was as you make out it would be a no brainer yes but its actually €22 added on to what you pay for premium which is north of €50 I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nope, not true either, if it was as you make out it would be a no brainer yes but its actually €22 added on to what you pay for premium which is north of €50 I'm guessing

Yeah if you had Fightpass or similar and no satellite. Then you'd be looking at a silly amount now.
    But if you are saying got premium TV anyway. Then adding the BT pakeage is about the cost of 1 PPV per month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks there is no talk of illegal streaming, vpns etc allowed. Any talk of it will result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hendo all but confirmed on the MMA Hour that Bisping is his last fight.

That_Guy wrote: »

Hopefully signing off on the receiving end of a vicious KO! It'd be some fairytale for Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great video from the American Gangster, can't wait for his comeback fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That_Guy wrote: »

C'mon......It doesn't matter. If he wins he WILL fight again. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Gist

Saunders was not cut but intentionally run down his contract to take timeout to sort personal stuff in his life. He did not tell the UFC why he wasn't signing new contract. When he decided he was ready to re-sign the UFC had moved on and removed their offer.

I'm no fan of Saunders and usually wouldn't post up news about him, but the following is interesting in re: Lesnar, possibly GSP and a few others getting exemptions.
    Saunders, 33, said he was ready to jump on the card at UFC 202 and UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was all for it. But, according to Saunders, the UFC and USADA wanted him to go into the USADA testing pool for four months before re-signing and being booked into a bout.

Thats mighty unfair IMO. He never retired or anything and last fought for UFC in Jan/Feb this year, so them wanting him to go into the testing pool for 4 months would mean he is out of fighting for guts of a year.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/9/12410072/not-cut-ben-saunders-explains-why-he-s-no-longer-on-the-ufc-roster

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Listened back to the MMA "debate" on the Last Word last night. Can anyone tell me what McGurk has to do with MMA and why he was qualified to argue against it. Listening to him was unbelievably frustrating, if you're going on the radio at least do some research to make a coherent argument

Ash Daly out of Hamburg FFS. Was looking forward to that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

BOLLLLLOOOOOOXXXXXX

where did you see that? Any reason given?

Absolutely gutted, especially as I'm going over. :(

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    BOLLLLLOOOOOOXXXXXX

where did you see that? Any reason given?

No reason given. Maybe fit for 204
    http://mmajunkie.com/?p=206128

Heading over too. Hopefully they get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Missing out big time alright. . . .

4q3TZd9.gif

callaway92 wrote: »

4q3TZd9.gif

Ahh Aish seems lovely, I hope she makes 204 so i can see her live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

callaway92 wrote: »

4q3TZd9.gif

Her fight on Dublin's Holohan card was the best atmosphere I've seen live for any fight (including Conor vs Brandao). Absolutely incredible, especially the entrance. Ais may not be a contender for the title but she has great heart and determination and her fights are usually entertaining.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement