Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The amount of dodging going on atm is ridiculous. Eddie dodging Khabib, GSP making his comeback as soon as Robbie lost, TWood not wanting Wonderboy. Bisping dodging weidman and jacare. I get money fights but it's getting a bit out of hand.

it's pathetic imo

out of that lot if I could make one thing happen it would be to hand t wood to wonderboy
    I'd imagine everyone will try and dodge khabib, respect to ferguson who'll fight anyone
    respect to bisbing for getting his big payday but giving hendo a shot is a complete farce, it would be hilarious if dan knocked him out again though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I hope the fighters actually sign up to that. They'll need a lot of them to do it and need to get the majority of the top 10/15 in each division to be able to wield some power.
    How it usually works in major sports is the players get a percentage of the total revenue and the UFC's pay is pathetic.

NHL - 54%-57%
    NBA - 50%
    NFL - 47%-48%
    Premier League - Wages are usually 50% to as high as 80% of the clubs turnover
    UFC - reported to be about 15%

So the fighters will want close to $300m of the $600m the UFC made last year. If they increase ticket prices, FP membership, tickets, PPV etc or get a bigger TV/sponsor deals the fighters will want close to 50% of those rises as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rumours of Diaz sonnen for msg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

UFC refusing to refund the remainder of my 12 month fight pass subscription because it falls outside their "5 day grace period" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinred

sonnon will just test positive again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »

out of that lot if I could make one thing happen it would be to hand t wood to wonderboy
    ASOT wrote: »
    Wonderboy gets the next shot at the WW belt confirmedish :)
    c

lol
    delighted if that's the case and the last time t wood wears that strap

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Was at wimp to warrior tonight in from agh....jaysus it was a really good standard...well for me as a novice....some serious strong guys and girls....utmost respect....my mate won his fight with a third round guilt tine choke tap out...loved it.....John kavanagh was there....seemed like a really nice guy....paddy hoolohan was in the corner for every single fight...very committed...great nights entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

joeguevara wrote: »
    Was at wimp to warrior tonight in from agh....jaysus it was a really good standard...well for me as a novice....some serious strong guys and girls....utmost respect....my mate won his fight with a third round guilt tine choke tap out...loved it.....John kavanagh was there....seemed like a really nice guy....paddy hoolohan was in the corner for every single fight...very committed...great nights entertainment.

You must be a pal of Mick Mooney are ya? I fought on the earlier card. Unreal experience, so tough but so enjoyable and rewarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Whelo79 wrote: »
    You must be a pal of Mick Mooney are ya? I fought on the earlier card. Unreal experience, so tough but so enjoyable and rewarding.

Yup....I was shocked at how good the fighters were....and by jaysus they could take some hits....hats off to everyone, say it was an unreal experience to participate for the 6 months.

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/764924312079835136

Still looking good for Oct 9th, despite the delays

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/764924312079835136

Still looking good for Oct 9th, despite the delays

October 8th. :)

Paully D wrote: »
    October 8th. :)

Not for Bisping ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ok, first of all ignore the clickbait title of the video, but Jon Jones posted this to his Instagram yesterday and then deleted it quickly. Once anything goes up on the internet though, it's there for good.

So he's heard a "lot of good news" about his doping situation and expects to be back in the octagon "really soon". I'm not sure what to make of it, and I've no idea why he deleted it, but it's caught me by surprise anyway. I just can't see a USADA hearing ending well for him in any way.

EDIT: Now that video makes perfect sense after reading this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/usadas-guidelines-offer-lighter-punishments-174131349.html
    Jones definitely seems like the snitching type. Can't believe USADA allow that sort of shîte, and it's actually documented in their official guidelines too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bisping vs Henderson just announced officially 8th October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Cathal Pendred is acting on the TVs show Ray Donovan
    Playing a Boston Irish middleweight boxer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tigger wrote: »

I seen that on Reddit, but didn't know what the show was. It's a sitcom?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Mellor wrote: »

Not a sitcom. Brilliant show actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Kind of a mob drama, without the mob. It's about an Irish guy from Boston working as a fixer in LA, Liev Schreiber plays the title role. Great show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tigger wrote: »

Jesus i hope Cathal has improved his boxing defence and learned to tuck in his chin!!!!

In fairness to him though, fair fudge and good luck. Hope its the first of many roles for him.

Kind of a mob drama, without the mob. It's about an Irish guy from Boston working as a fixer in LA, Liev Schreiber plays the title role. Great show.

Ah right, the image I seen had a black guy sitting st a bar, just looking kinda sitcomy. Out of context obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't believe USADA allow that sort of shîte, and it's actually documented in their official guidelines too.

USADA isn't as righteous and squeaky clean as some people make out. Look up how they have provided Mayweather with "retroactive" TUEs in the past, as well as some dodgy money links to promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

:pac: You know Johnny is the type to buckle under questioning to save his own ass.

c940621811df97aa9c3ca3ea2ce44c05aef63829f3918de710fe0e81a6af5e03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ahhhhhh this forum never ceases to amaze me!

Jones posts & deletes video saying he's coming back, automatically gets accuses of being a grass :pac::D

https://twitter.com/UFC_Asia/status/765095948292726784

So BJ finally making his long awaited comeback....but only a few months after getting popped for using an IV. Why no longterm ban I wonder.....here BJ, we have this saying where I'm from "Touts get shat!" :D

Devastator wrote: »

So BJ finally making his long awaited comeback....but only a few months after getting popped for using an IV. Why no longterm ban I wonder.....here BJ, we have this saying where I'm from "Touts get shat!" :D
    He was banned for 6 months.
    http://ufc.usada.org/jay-dee-penn-accepts-doping-sanction/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mighty Craic Mellor strikes again in explaining why a joke can't be true :rolleyes:

Mighty Craic Mellor strikes again in explaining why a joke can't be true :rolleyes:
    You asked why he wasn't banned? I answered?
    Where was the "joke" in there? :confused:
    Must be something lost in translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Zero interest in Lamas against BJ. Liked the booking of BJ originally giving him Siver, I expect Lamas to take him down and smash him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ahhhhhh this forum never ceases to amaze me!

Jones posts & deletes video saying he's coming back, automatically gets accuses of being a grass :pac::D

He literally is a snitch though. Just google "Jon Jones snitch" and you'll see for yourself. It's 100% in his nature and he said it himself. If he could rat out a teammate to shorten or rescind his USADA ban, I'm hugely confident he'd do just that.

Maybe do a bit of research next time before dismissing the post of someone who has? Just a thought. I'd hardly post what I did without having something to back it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement