Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Zero interest in Lamas against BJ. Liked the booking of BJ originally giving him Siver, I expect Lamas to take him down and smash him.

Totally agree. This fight is of no real consequence whatsoever for Lamas or his career if he wants to be taken seriously as a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Fail to see the problem if one druggie **** exposes another druggie ****.

This idea of "snitches" is sad. It's not the ****ing Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fail to see the problem if one druggie **** exposes another druggie ****.

This idea of "snitches" is sad. It's not the ****ing Wire.

The problem arises when that "druggie" gets off scot free because of it. That's just ridiculous tbh.

"Here's a 2 year ban, you dirty cheater. Oh, but I forgot to mention, if you sell out one of your teammates, we'll forget all about what you did".

Do you see what's wrong with that?

Mirko Cro Cop was told his entire UFC ban would be rescinded if he ratted out and other fighter, he declined to that big the legend that he is but to be let off the hook completely for doing it is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I've no issue with it being used as a tactic to secure a shorter suspension but getting off scot free is too far. It's no different from a please bargain in the judicial system - exact same process.

I don't see any honour in Cro Cop's actions to be honest. Not that giving up his team would be honourable but not giving up his team isn't some kind of act he should be praised for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Evans v Kennedy confirmed for 205.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Would not put it past Jones for one second to snitch if it gets him off. Very interested to see how this plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no interest in seeing bj back against anyone
    he wouldn't beat the cat right now

evans kennedy omg, does it get any worse than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

mailburner wrote: »
    no interest in seeing bj back against anyone
    he wouldn't beat the cat right now

evans kennedy omg, does it get any worse than that?

Yes, much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    Evans v Kennedy confirmed for 205.

I really didn't think we'd see Kennedy in the Octagon again.

John_D80 wrote: »
    I really didn't think we'd see Kennedy in the Octagon again.

I taught he'd fight Chael to be honest. I like Tim he's good on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mellor wrote: »
    You asked why he wasn't banned? I answered?
    Where was the "joke" in there? :confused:
    Must be something lost in translation.

thatsthejoke.jpg

I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jaysus lads, as bad as the judging can be at times in pro MMA, at least it's not as bad as Olympic boxing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

martyos121 wrote: »
    He literally is a snitch though. Just google "Jon Jones snitch" and you'll see for yourself. It's 100% in his nature and he said it himself. If he could rat out a teammate to shorten or rescind his USADA ban, I'm hugely confident he'd do just that.

Maybe do a bit of research next time before dismissing the post of someone who has? Just a thought. I'd hardly post what I did without having something to back it up.

:rolleyes:

ok take a deep breath and relax. Now tell me what upset you so much with my post? Was it the lack of arguing with what you said? Was it the lack of pointing out something wrong with what you said? Maybe it was the lack of saying anything negative at all in my response?

What is funny after that little foot stomping exercise, is that people can't post accusations about Jones quick enough but theres not been a thing said about Whites comments yesterday that Jones' positive test "May not be the case"

Incidentally, I'd be interested to know what you have to backup Jones' suspension being redused because he snitched?

Devastator wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

ok take a deep breath and relax. Now tell me what upset you so much with my post? Was it the lack of arguing with what you said? Was it the lack of pointing out something wrong with what you said? Maybe it was the lack of saying anything negative at all in my response?

What is funny after that little foot stomping exercise, is that people can't post accusations about Jones quick enough but theres not been a thing said about Whites comments yesterday that Jones' positive test "May not be the case"

Incidentally, I'd be interested to know what you have to backup Jones' suspension being redused because he snitched?

Jesus man would you chill for once, if you're going to dismiss someone's post out of hand without providing any reason other than a laughing emoji, expect that not to go down well with anyone. It's not personal at all.

Skipping over the passive aggressiveness and onto the topic at hand, that video came out well after my post and until Dana said that, everything was pure speculation, by myself included. What I don't understand is how you know Dana is being truthful. If, and all it is at the moment is an "if", Jon Jones had his suspension cancelled/reduced for ratting someone out, do you really think they'd make that public knowledge? Dana was being very ambiguous with those comments, revealed nothing major.

As for what I have to backup my claims about Jon Jones being let off the hook for possibly ratting someone out, if you go back to my post you'll find a link about a Mirko Cro Cop story and how he was approached by USADA to do the same and have his suspension cancelled. Here's a piece from the article I'd suggest you read:
    The kicker here is, that while USADA's back-room dealing to offer CroCop a way out of his suspension seems shady, it's spelled out pretty clearly in their own regulations. Section 10.6 outlines the process by which a fighter may provide "Substantial assistance in discovering or establishing anti-doping policy violations" (emphasis mine).
    USADA in its sole discretion may suspend all or part of the period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed in an individual case in which it has results management authority where the Athlete or other Person has provided Substantial Assistance to USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization, criminal authority or professional disciplinary body which results in: (i) USADA or another Anti-Doping Organization discovering or bringing forward an Anti-Doping Policy Violation by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA, or (ii) which results in a criminal or disciplinary body discovering or bringing forward a criminal offense or the breach of professional rules committed by another Person and the information provided by the Person providing Substantial Assistance is made available to USADA. The extent to which the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility and other Consequences imposed may be suspended shall be based on the seriousness of the Anti-Doping Policy Violation committed by the Athlete or other Person and the significance of the Substantial Assistance provided by the Athlete or other Person to the effort to eliminate doping in sport. If the Athlete or other Person fails to continue to cooperate and to provide the complete and credible Substantial Assistance upon which a suspension of the period of Ineligibility or other Consequences was based, USADA shall reinstate the original period of Ineligibility and other Consequences.

So I'm not saying and never did say that Jon Jones was offered this deal too, I'm saying it's literally in the USADA guidelines that snitching is encouraged, and all of a sudden Jon Jones releases a video where he claims to be coming back soon and that things are looking good for him, despite the fact that the substance he popped for is now public knowledge, and both an A and B sample confirmed it.

Maybe it is the case that there was a bit of a testing cock-up or something along those lines, but just like my own theory, nobody knows for sure either way so nothing can be dismissed so easily.

Sorry for the essay, it's a bit long winded but it's all pretty relevant. Definitely don't take it as gospel either, it's a theory, and I wasn't the first one to think of it.

Jesus man would you chill for once, if you're going to dismiss someone's post out of hand without providing any reason other than a laughing emoji, expect that not to go down well with anyone. It's not personal at all.

Skipping over the passive aggressiveness and onto the topic at hand, that video came out well after my post and until Dana said that, everything was pure speculation, by myself included. What I don't understand is how you know Dana is being truthful. If, and all it is at the moment is an "if", Jon Jones had his suspension cancelled/reduced for ratting someone out, do you really think they'd make that public knowledge? Dana was being very ambiguous with those comments, revealed nothing major.

As for what I have to backup my claims about Jon Jones being let off the hook for possibly ratting someone out, if you go back to my post you'll find a link about a Mirko Cro Cop story and how he was approached by USADA to do the same and have his suspension cancelled. Here's a piece from the article I'd suggest you read:

So I'm not saying and never did say that Jon Jones was offered this deal too, I'm saying it's literally in the USADA guidelines that snitching is encouraged, and all of a sudden Jon Jones releases a video where he claims to be coming back soon and that things are looking good for him, despite the fact that the substance he popped for is now public knowledge, and both an A and B sample confirmed it.

Maybe it is the case that there was a bit of a testing cock-up or something along those lines, but just like my own theory, nobody knows for sure either way so nothing can be dismissed so easily.

Sorry for the essay, it's a bit long winded but it's all pretty relevant. Definitely don't take it as gospel either, it's a theory, and I wasn't the first one to think of it.

lol yep I'm very chilled, thanks for your advice though, might want to take it yourself too! Again, if my last reply didn't give the secret up, my original post was not arguing with what you said! You, for some reason, have choose to take it as a dismissal of what you said. Right, whatever, theres nothing to suggest that.

How do I know DW's telling the truth? I don't! LOL I am open minded enough though to wait until there is hard evidence before throwing accusations about.

"everything was pure speculation, by myself included." Was it? :D Really? It your little rant to my original reply you said "He literally is a snitch though. Just google "Jon Jones snitch" and you'll see for yourself. It's 100% in his nature and he said it himself. If he could rat out a teammate to shorten or rescind his USADA ban, I'm hugely confident he'd do just that." That sounds a lot stronger than suggesting something as "pure speculation"

Ok, so you didn't say(in the exact words) that Jones was offered the USADA deal but you said just about everything else to suggest thats the only reason he may get off sooner. Again though, we're now sticking to the pure speculation line ;)

You suggested I go away and do my research before posting as you can backup your claims. Can I just double check, your backup for calling Jones a snitch is look what happened to CroCop? :confused:

Still, I'm not arguing with you. I've tried to respond to your post and point out some of the areas where I see it as you backtracking on what you've said. Maybe use your own advice and have something to backup your claims(the Crocop excuse is very flimsy lol) as others have been a victim of throwing out unfounded accusations on this forum before. My advice is simply, don't jump to conclusions too quickly ;)

lol yep I'm very chilled, thanks for your advice though, might want to take it yourself too! Again, if my last reply didn't give the secret up, my original post was not arguing with what you said! You, for some reason, have choose to take it as a dismissal of what you said. Right, whatever, theres nothing to suggest that.

How do I know DW's telling the truth? I don't! LOL I am open minded enough though to wait until there is hard evidence before throwing accusations about.

"everything was pure speculation, by myself included." Was it? :D Really? It your little rant to my original reply you said "He literally is a snitch though. Just google "Jon Jones snitch" and you'll see for yourself. It's 100% in his nature and he said it himself. If he could rat out a teammate to shorten or rescind his USADA ban, I'm hugely confident he'd do just that." That sounds a lot stronger than suggesting something as "pure speculation"

Ok, so you didn't say(in the exact words) that Jones was offered the USADA deal but you said just about everything else to suggest thats the only reason he may get off sooner. Again though, we're now sticking to the pure speculation line ;)

You suggested I go away and do my research before posting as you can backup your claims. Can I just double check, your backup for calling Jones a snitch is look what happened to CroCop? :confused:

Still, I'm not arguing with you. I've tried to respond to your post and point out some of the areas where I see it as you backtracking on what you've said. Maybe use your own advice and have something to backup your claims(the Crocop excuse is very flimsy lol) as others have been a victim of throwing out unfounded accusations on this forum before. My advice is simply, don't jump to conclusions too quickly ;)

Look, if you got the impression I was outright stating Jones ratted someone out to reduce his suspension, fair enough, I wasn't just to be clear because I have no way of knowing that. It's understandable with the wording of my original post why anyone would think I was jumping to that conclusion, but again, how on earth would I know for sure, eh?

When I was referring to Jones as a snitch, it was regarding his past quotes on snitching high school kids for smoking weed, that was clear to anyone because if you googled "Jon Jones snitch" like I said, that's exactly the first thing that comes up. I then suggested he'd be likely to do the same to cut his ban down because, as proven by what I just said, it's in his nature to do that sort of thing. If you think that's backtracking, you misread my post because I think I was pretty clear in what I was saying.

As for the part of your post I bolded, really? You spend all this time trying to pick holes in my theory and then you question whether it was speculation or not? Again, how in my right mind would I know anything for sure about this? I was echoing something I've read quite often in the past few days across some forums, but you seem to think I was saying "This is 100% what went down"? Come on man lol.

Sorry if you thought I was arguing with you over this, hate arguments and avoid them whenever possible, but I most certainly wasn't backtracking on anything, just expanding on things. You've every right to try and dissect what I said and you made good points yourself, I just don't necessarily agree with them. That's all I have to say on it because lads here must be tired of reading (or skipping over) my essays. :pac:

Look, if you got the impression I was outright stating Jones ratted someone out to reduce his suspension, fair enough, I wasn't just to be clear because I have no way of knowing that. It's understandable with the wording of my original post why anyone would think I was jumping to that conclusion, but again, how on earth would I know for sure, eh?

When I was referring to Jones as a snitch, it was regarding his past quotes on snitching high school kids for smoking weed, that was clear to anyone because if you googled "Jon Jones snitch" like I said, that's exactly the first thing that comes up. I then suggested he'd be likely to do the same to cut his ban down because, as proven by what I just said, it's in his nature to do that sort of thing. If you think that's backtracking, you misread my post because I think I was pretty clear in what I was saying.

As for the part of your post I bolded, really? You spend all this time trying to pick holes in my theory and then you question whether it was speculation or not? Again, how in my right mind would I know anything for sure about this? I was echoing something I've read quite often in the past few days across some forums, but you seem to think I was saying "This is 100% what went down"? Come on man lol.

Sorry if you thought I was arguing with you over this, hate arguments and avoid them whenever possible, but I most certainly wasn't backtracking on anything, just expanding on things. You've every right to try and dissect what I said and you made good points yourself, I just don't necessarily agree with them. That's all I have to say on it because lads here must be tired of reading (or skipping over) my essays. :pac:

LOL of course you wouldn't know for sure, none of us know f**k all for sure :D That was the point of my original comment. It wasn't to disagree but just laughing at the situation of Jones posts then deletes video and suddenly there are posts on here (IMO) accusing him of being a rat.
    When I said backtracking I was referring to, as I seen it, your 1st 2 posts accusing Jones then only in the 3rd mentioning it was only speculation.
    I didn't take your posts as arguing, but felt that was your impression of my posts when my orignal comment was just laughing at the nature of this forum. Maybe expanding your views/opinions, as you have now done, in future will help rather than jumping in head 1st with "Heres Jones video, heres USADAs guidelines. Jones is a snitch, F**k USADA" (not in those exact words but pretty close :D). You just need to be careful what you say on here, as I said in last post, some people have fallen foul of accusing fighters without explanation or proof.

LOL of course you wouldn't know for sure, none of us know f**k all for sure :D That was the point of my original comment. It wasn't to disagree but just laughing at the situation of Jones posts then deletes video and suddenly there are posts on here (IMO) accusing him of being a rat.
    When I said backtracking I was referring to, as I seen it, your 1st 2 posts accusing Jones then only in the 3rd mentioning it was only speculation.
    I didn't take your posts as arguing, but felt that was your impression of my posts when my orignal comment was just laughing at the nature of this forum. Maybe expanding your views/opinions, as you have now done, in future will help rather than jumping in head 1st with "Heres Jones video, heres USADAs guidelines. Jones is a snitch, F**k USADA" (not in those exact words but pretty close :D). You just need to be careful what you say on here, as I said in last post, some people have fallen foul of accusing fighters without explanation or proof.

Ah fair enough, I sorta get where you're coming from now. You've actually summed up my feelings about USADA fairly well there, I'll give you that. :pac:

Don't think I'm doing too much wrong in guessing why he might be coming back, but I suppose you're right in that you have to tow the line a bit here with that sort of thing. I think I offered a fair explanation of why it could be a possibility though. Looking forward to seeing how this develops, if a Jackson-Wink fighter gets popped in the next few weeks, I might be onto something though! :D

Ah fair enough, I sorta get where you're coming from now. You've actually summed up my feelings about USADA fairly well there, I'll give you that. :pac:

Don't think I'm doing too much wrong in guessing why he might be coming back, but I suppose you're right in that you have to tow the line a bit here with that sort of thing. I think I offered a fair explanation of why it could be a possibility though. Looking forward to seeing how this develops, if a Jackson-Wink fighter gets popped in the next few weeks, I might be onto something though! :D

I didn't go back to check your post but thats pretty much what I could remember of it :D Theres millions of possibilities though(eg another possibility, probably a slim one, is Jones has become best buds with Kim Jong Un. Kim's p*ssed off about the whole situation and kidknapped the family of the USADA president and won't give them back until Jones' ban is lifted :eek:;)) we're probably best off waiting for some evidence before saying too much else though. Also I'm not sure whether you should be thinking of hiring an assistant called Watson just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

wtf lads....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Marty, Devastator..put the handbags away or just take it to pm, no one has time to be reading post after post of your squabbles. Either way give it a rest.

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Holy sh!t..... RIP...... Fcuk I hope Chael will be ok :(

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Holy sh!t..... RIP...... Fcuk I hope Chael will be ok :(

Jesus. Poor Chael. Rip to his daughter.

Jesus. Poor Chael. Rip to his daughter.

He is a good guy, doesn't deserve this :mad:

He is a good guy, doesn't deserve this :mad:

The ultimate show heel but seems like a great guy as a person and anyone i know who has met him has nothing but good things to say. Horrible thing to happen to anyone.

Heartbroken for Chael, I seen she was born with complications and premature, hopefully him and his wife are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah bollox, Chael must be devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ASOT wrote: »
    Heartbroken for Chael, I seen she was born with complications and premature, hopefully him and his wife are ok.

Jesus cant imagine that at all. R.I.P

just to add i read earlier his wife caught listeria through food and possibly passed it on. I cant remember where i read it ( possibly on here?)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ah ****, thats horrible. RIP
    I read that she was 10 weeks early. Kinda of assumed/hoped that she'd be ok with top quality postnatal care.
    A friend of mine had a child at 28 weeks recently. Came home recently. Put it into perspective how lucky she was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Horrible news, RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement