Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

but1er wrote: »
    Just booked travel Lodge 100 quid for travel Lodge..

travellodge is grand. I had to stay in it for a night few months back when my heating broke down. Crown & robinsons bar just behind, bar/restaurent across street. 15/20 mins dander from the arena with plenty of bars along the way. Couple mins from a train station if thats the way you're coming in.
    Dibs on the couch :P

:D aye theres a homeless shelter round the corner from me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Deadst4r wrote: »

What's he been saying? I'm blocked for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

That_Guy wrote: »
    Deadst4r wrote: »

What's he been saying? I'm blocked for whatever reason.

Nothing too exciting tbh. Just teasing that he will be there.

I'm just so keen for Gunnar to be at either Manchester or Belfast so I lap it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Room booked

Rooms going fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Devastator wrote: »
    travellodge is grand. I had to stay in it for a night few months back when my heating broke down. Crown & robinsons bar just behind, bar/restaurent across street. 15/20 mins dander from the arena with plenty of bars along the way. Couple mins from a train station if thats the way you're coming in.

:D aye theres a homeless shelter round the corner from me :pac:

Pint?

Air coach it up and back I'd reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

See you in Belfast lads, cans in my gaff before it starts, 10 minutes in a taxi

weemcd wrote: »
    See you in Belfast lads, cans in my gaff before it starts, 10 minutes in a taxi

hhhmmmmm taxi eh?

"Location: the bangbus"

:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Short trip from Donegal!

I'm away on holiday on the 21st too, would have been raging if the Belfast event had been a week later!

Good thing Parke isn't in the UFC now, he'd have probably headlined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

crap i already have tickets for ire v nz. Gutted their on the same day

• Advertisement

I was going to try afford a really good ticket for 204, but to go to the Belfast event i'd have to get a cheaper ticket for Manchester. Dilemas.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I was going to try afford a really good ticket for 204, but to go to the Belfast event i'd have to get a cheaper ticket for Manchester. Dilemas.....

The Belfast card is more than likely gonna be absolute trash. I'd go with the Manchester card if I was you.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Belfast card is more than likely gonna be absolute trash. I'd go with the Manchester card if I was you.

I'll definitely go to the Manchester card but I might just get cheap enough tickets for both events and go to both.

Just got my renewal for fight pass email, cert I switched off the auto renew

Next week or so I'll watch a good bit more of the early library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Belfast card won't be great in terms of match-ups but it could end up being fairly historic.

I'd like to think this could be the moment for the UFC to give the next wave from SBG a spin.

If ever there's a time to do it..... Peter Queally, Dylan Tuke, Frans Mlambo, Cian Cowley whoever really.....

Maybe throw one or 2 from Team Ryano on the card as well.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this Saul Rogers incident. I can't seem to work it out. He was able to fight in TUF22 so he obviously got into the USA in first place....then when it came to an actual fight they say he lied on his visa application.

I'm assuming he omitted some sort of criminal record on the questionnaire. Either way it's baffling as he was the standout performer from TUF22.

The Manchester card was tailor made for him, as is the Belfast card, but he appears to be black balled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Saul has a conviction. He didn't disclose it, he wasted their time and he can't fight in the US so they won't bother with him, which is a pity. Could potentially make decent money with OneFC if he was up for the move.

The UFC won't be giving 3 or 4 unsigned Irish lads fights all at once on any card, it would be ripping off the paying customers. Peter might get a run out to make up for missing out tonight but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't think it will be Gunnar either, have a feeling they'll give him a fightpass prelim feature fight on one of the numbered cards before the end of the year and give him another chance to crack the top 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Joseph Duffy or Gunnar to be main or co main Belfast?

After tonight throw in Artem aswell

How bad is Ash Dalys injury? Could she be eyeing this event for a return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rumble gonna rumble

I'd love to get to the bottom of this Saul Rogers incident. I can't seem to work it out. He was able to fight in TUF22 so he obviously got into the USA in first place....then when it came to an actual fight they say he lied on his visa application.

As someone else said, he failed to disclose a conviction.

As for him getting as far as TUF, I'm not sure but I suspect it could be because TUF fights are classed as exhibition fights. Technically he wasn't working. Maybe when it came to an actual fight he needed a work visa rather than a tourist one and that's why he got caught?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DrPhilG wrote: »
    As someone else said, he failed to disclose a conviction.

As for him getting as far as TUF, I'm not sure but I suspect it could be because TUF fights are classed as exhibition fights. Technically he wasn't working. Maybe when it came to an actual fight he needed a work visa rather than a tourist one and that's why he got caught?

Don't they get money for finishing the fight? It could be a grey area as to whether it's classed as working or not.

• Advertisement

Don't they get money for finishing the fight? It could be a grey area as to whether it's classed as working or not.

True, they do get season bonuses so maybe it is counted as working.

I just know that the fights themselves are officially classed as exhibition bouts and as such don't contribute to their MMA record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is there a full UFC202 post fight press conference anywhere? UFC on Youtube have it broken into highlights for some stupid ****ing reason.

They took them individually no full post presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is there a full UFC202 post fight press conference anywhere? UFC on Youtube have it broken into highlights for some stupid ****ing reason.

I don't think there was one? Just loads of interviews.
    Ariel Helwani was saying the t mobile arena doesn't have a big enough room to have one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It was cancelled after the bottles were thrown there were scrums after but that's all. MMAfighting.com had them live you should be able to find them on their Facebook page they were only short so they could be the highlight videos you saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As above they each did a scrum separately

Conor McGregor Scrum
    Nate Diaz Scrum
    Rumble Johnson Scrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Peter Carroll on the MMA Hour. He's bloody gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mike Perry on it now. . .zzzzzzz

theteal wrote: »
    Mike Perry on it now. . .zzzzzzz

was he asked about the comments his cornerman(men) were making about Lim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Devastator wrote: »
    was he asked about the comments his cornerman(men) were making about Lim?

he was. played kind of dumb about it. . .although perhaps not played, he just came across as not very bright

the interview did pick up towards the end when he started explaining his legal/criminal troubles and he was actually standing outside the probation office as he was speaking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement