Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*looks at post count*

50 P'S BABY!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That_Guy wrote: »
    *looks at post count*

50 P'S BABY!!!!

You're just on steroids that help you type quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

You're just on steroids that help you type quicker.

The whole forums on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

That_Guy wrote: »
    *looks at post count*

50 P'S BABY!!!!

50 and 0...and 0, and 0

not gunna lie thats fairly impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Depp wrote: »
    50 and 0...and 0, and 0

not gunna lie thats fairly impressive

58 more posts and iv finally got me some Reebok money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Catching up with mma hour now. Great interview with JK. Mike Perry is the looney ****ing toons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

So it looks like Jon Jones will be back very very soon as per Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

From FloCombat
    "You what man I'm in a weird place," White said. "I saw that fight and It was a great fight but I've still got to talk to Joe Silva and see what he thinks. I'm thinking that maybe we do Anthony Johnson versus Jon Jones to see who gets to fight Daniel Cormier."

White was then asked whether he had an update on Jones. White didn't give too much away but implied that his situation wasn't looking so bad as first feared back in July.

"I've not talked to Jon but the guy has got thirteen lives man," White said. "It's looking good for him. He's got to deal with Nevada right now and this thing that went down and I can't say a lot about it because it's not my place. We will see how this thing plays out but it's looking good for him."

Please yes, would love Rumble vs Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

No No No No No. Rumble vs DC .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't care why or how Jon Jones is getting off the hook, he better not take Rumble's title shot. I see Johnson as a bigger threat than Jones at the minute too, he literally couldn't have been more impressive since his loss to Cormier, whereas Jones looked bang average against OSP, a glorified gatekeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That's kinda shítty for Rumble as he was told he was getting another shot at DC.

As much as I'd love to see that fight, Rumble deserves another crack at the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

True. Jones has had chance after chance. No way he should skip Rumble for the shot.

Let Johnson face DC in NYC and put Jones at the start of the card in a number 1 contenders spot. Rematch against Gus would be nice, although I can't see them not having that as a 5 rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rumble getting DC is definitely the fairer outcomel and he deserves it, but I can't help but think he would smash JJ right now and would love to see it.

Is there anything out there about why Jones might be back sooner than we all think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

maximoose wrote:
    Is there anything out there about why Jones might be back sooner than we all think?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bad and all as I want to see rumble v jones I want to see rumble
    wear that strap so much more
    its impossible not to root for rumble against anyone
    just beat dc and rumble v jones might just break records

The only time I want to see Rumble vs Jones is if AJ as the title in hand. Let Jones build himself back up at this rate. He's been a complete PR disaster for himself and the UFC for far too long to even warrant a title shot.

Talented fighter but a grade A fúcking idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jones ruined 200 on top of all the rest of the stuff.

No way he deserves a title eliminator.

DC vs Rumble.
    Jones vs Gus again maybe if he's back in the next 6 months.

LHW division has so little strength in depth, outside the top 5 it's very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

maximoose wrote: »
    From FloCombat

Please yes, would love Rumble vs Jones
    That would be class alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just after listening to Dillon Danis on MMA hour, sounds like a good guy, they should get him into a TUF season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Just after listening to Dillon Danis on MMA hour, sounds like a good guy, they should get him into a TUF season.

SBG Vs Skrap Pack

10(or whatever) weeks of advertising the trilogy fight and no need for multiple pressers,tv spots, etc to sell the fight.....could go down well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah can't see that happening, someone that knows the entourage smaller players better than I might be able to come up enough similar talented people at the same weights however I don't think there is enough. Gilbert etc way ahead in careers in the most part.

Let Danis and Diaz have a contest at Metamorsis. It'd be an absolute shít show if it was an MMA fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah can't see that happening, someone that knows the entourage smaller players better than I might be able to come up enough similar talented people at the same weights however I don't think there is enough. Gilbert etc way ahead in careers in the most part.

Gilbert? As in Melendez Gilbert? :eek: :confused: yeah nobody would ever even suggest his name as a tuf competitor because he's already in the UFC. I was referring more to the likes of Danis(as you suggested), Queally, Tuke....i.e fighters not in the UFC but pushing to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I've noticed we still have to pay for UFC 202 even with the time delay. I was hoping it would be free with the subscription. Robbing bastards

Carroller wrote: »
    I've noticed we still have to pay for UFC 202 even with the time delay. I was hoping it would be free with the subscription. Robbing bastards

free for me - you must be doing something wrong
    https://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-202-replay-uk-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

This is what I get

Carroller wrote: »
    This is what I get

After a quick check on twitter it seems to be an issue with the app. Eric Winter/fightpass know about it. No harm in annoying him again though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's an utter disgrace if Rumble has to fight Jones for a title shot. The bloke has had chance, after chance, after chance and screws up every time. I wish he'd piss off.

DC said that he won't fight Jones next and that he has more say in that than many people think. I hope he's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Paully D wrote: »
    It's an utter disgrace if Rumble has to fight Jones for a title shot. The bloke has had chance, after chance, after chance and screws up every time. I wish he'd piss off.

DC said that he won't fight Jones next and that he has more say in that than many people think. I hope he's right.

i'm still astounded that Johnson used to fight at 170 (well, he was supposed to but missed weight so often)

Didn't like him then as thought it showed complete lack of respect by constantly missing weight, like the guy now though as he's doing it all proper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement