Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

maximoose wrote: »
    UFC rewards acting funny for anyone else?

Sign in and it's asking me to "enable rewards", which does nothing.

They know about it. It's been down for everyone since Monday night and they said they were fixing it yesterday on Twitter. Still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Paully D wrote: »
    This guy (@dimspace) is quite good on Twitter. He's very often on the ball about upcoming fights based on testing patters.

He reported last week that it looked like Weidman/Romero would be on 205 based on testing patters and that was verbally agreed yesterday as per numerous sources.

He also thinks Joanna will be on it, along with Dillashaw, Hendricks, Holloway (and/or Lamas) and Horiguchi, while he thinks Esparza v Torres is an outside bet.

Here's a random, useless fact. Jimi Manuwa is the ranked fighter on the roster who has gone the longest without being tested. 49 weeks! Almost a year with no test for Manuwa! Ronda is second at 29 weeks.

Lamas fighting BJ Penn in October so that rules him out, unless, he batters BJ in no time which is a distinct possibility :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboy v Lawler for 205, confirmed by Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cowboy v Lawler for 205, confirmed by Dana.

Interesting I suppose but Lawler by vicious KO.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Interesting I suppose but Lawler by vicious KO.

Cerrones chin is granite.... can you see him actually being ko'd? Maybe being stopped due to damage or decision win for Lawler but I can't see a KO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only gripe I have with that fight is that it won't be five rounds, can't wait to see it of course but would've loved to have seen them go to war for 25 minutes.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only gripe I have with that fight is that it won't be five rounds, can't wait to see it of course but would've loved to have seen them go to war for 25 minutes.

Surely Lawler should take a bit longer out after the Woodley KO? For short turn over if he is fighting again at 205?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Surely Lawler should take a bit longer out after the Woodley KO? For short turn over if he is fighting again at 205?

Could end up like Mendes v Edgar

Could end up like Mendes v Edgar

Lawler is a class fighter if anyone deserved a big pay day its him and I think his chance is over now :( He should take a while off and regroup but if is fighting cowboy I hope he knocks cowboy into next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone reckon we could see holloway vs frankie at 205 ?

• Advertisement

Holloway can't catch a break haha, 9 fight winning streak, two belts in the division, I think he would beat Aldo. If Conor is not fighting Aldo I want to see Holloway v Aldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ricero wrote:
    Anyone reckon we could see holloway vs frankie at 205 ?

Said it to a mate earlier
    Eliminator fight for 145 title with Aldo which Conor vacates after beating Alvarez at 205

brinty wrote: »
    Said it to a mate earlier
    Eliminator fight for 145 title with Aldo which Conor vacates after beating Alvarez at 205

I'd have Alvarez as favourite over Conor

I was reading that Beth Correia wants to fight Cyborg :pac::pac:

That fight would be hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ronda's back in the testing pool after 29 weeks with no test. :)

Ronda's back in the testing pool after 29 weeks with no test. :)

I reckon Rondas aurora is gone now and she will be defeated her first fight back. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the game plan to beat her is there now, I think she will be much more beatable in the future but if she loses another fight or two she will retire probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I reckon Rondas aurora is gone now and she will be defeated her first fight back. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the game plan to beat her is there now, I think she will be much more beatable in the future but if she loses another fight or two she will retire probably.

Borealis?

Borealis?

What :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

What :confused:

Your phone corrected aura to aurora

Your phone corrected aura to aurora

haha didn't notice that but you got what you got what i was trying to say :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

There are very few women in the WBW division that could pull off such a game plan. Of the current top ten she has the edge over everyone except Nunes and Holm. Pena would be a good fight and a huge test but she has the beating of the rest, including Tate, I believe.

For the majority of the division, she will be as difficult to beat as she always was. Probably even more so IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Borealis?

At this time of year? At this time of day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Lawlor and Cerrone is set for 205.

Last year i would have said Robbie destroys him but crazily now i think almost the opposite happens,think Cowboy takes this.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/robbie-lawler-vs-donald-cerrone-a-go-for-ufc-205-dana-white-says

newbbieb wrote: »
    Lawlor and Cerrone is set for 205.

Last year i would have said Robbie destroys him but crazily now i think almost the opposite happens,think Cowboy takes this.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/robbie-lawler-vs-donald-cerrone-a-go-for-ufc-205-dana-white-says

Cerrone doesn't have the one punch power to KO Robbie, I think Robbie wins this one but it will be a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I think Robbie absolutely mangles Cowboy within 2 rounds.

I'm going even if Cowboy vs Lawler is the only fight on the card!

Luckily not though, Romero posting he has signed to fight Weidman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

John_D80 wrote: »
    I think Robbie absolutely mangles Cowboy within 2 rounds.

Depending on how all my mickey gall money goes, I'll be putting a decent portion on cerrone.

I'm going even if Cowboy vs Lawler is the only fight on the card!

Luckily not though, Romero posting he has signed to fight Weidman.

Lucky :pac:

I was planning to head to 205 to have a look around New York, haven't been there in 10 years. Found out a few months ago that I have a baby on the way, so there went all my 205 funds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lucky :pac:

I was planning to head to 205 to have a look around New York, haven't been there in 10 years. Found out a few months ago that I have a baby on the way, so there went all my 205 funds :(

Selfish little bollocks!

Be sure to remind him/her of this inconvenience at every opportunity.

Lol

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Selfish little bollocks!

Be sure to remind him/her of this inconvenience at every opportunity.

Lol

I have to settle for 204 instead, hopefully its good :D Pity I'd love to see a Conor fight but the ticket prices are ridiculous I have heard. You ever been to one before? I heard like nose bleeds seats right at the back are like 250$ :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement