Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have to settle for 204 instead, hopefully its good :D Pity I'd love to see a Conor fight but the ticket prices are ridiculous I have heard. You ever been to one before? I heard like nose bleeds seats right at the back are like 250$ :eek:

UFC 204 will be my 19th UFC, second to feature McGregor.

They certainly rip the hole out of the Vegas events price wise and I'm expecting similar for New York. Dana apparently said he wanted to break the gate receipt record for Madison Square Garden so they will be huge.

Back row even for a big Vegas event are normally around $100 but there will literally be less than 100 or so of them released. From there it will be $175, $350, $500, $750 and $1100 or thereabouts.

I certainly won't hang around in the NYC presale. First single they offer, I'm taking it.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    UFC 204 will be my 19th UFC.

They certainly rip the hole out of the Vegas events price wise and I'm expecting similar for New York. Dana apparently said he wanted to break the gate receipt record for Madison Square Garden so they will be huge.

Back row even for a big Vegas event are normally around $100 but there will literally be less than 100 or so of them released. From there it will be $175, $350, $500, $750 and $1100 or thereabouts.

I certainly won't hang around in the NYC presale. First single they offer, I'm taking it.

Do you go over with yourself or with other people? I am always dying to go over but no one I know gives a crap about UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm headin to Manky city on me own anyway, into me 30's so often difficult to get the friends to go events on a whim naturally enough. Not rare I'd go to a gig on me own even abroad but will be first UFC doing so.

I'm headin to Manky city on me own anyway, into me 30's so often difficult to get the friends to go events on a whim naturally enough. Not rare I'd go to a gig on me own even abroad but will be first UFC doing so.

Yeah haha if its a concert or football match I'd always have people to go because so many people are into that. Very rare I met people into UFC and even rarer they want to spend money to go see it, so I said screw it I'll go myself which is what I am doing now for 204

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah haha if its a concert or football match I'd always have people to go because so many people are into that. Very rare I met people into UFC and even rarer they want to spend money to go see it, so I said screw it I'll go myself which is what I am doing now for 204

Has to be done

• Advertisement

Do you go over with yourself or with other people? I am always dying to go over but no one I know gives a crap about UFC.

Bit of both. Did Vegas twice with my best friend for UFC 100 and 189.

Went with my wife and I did 116 solo while she went to see Cher.

All of my UK and European events have been solo. Only Irish events have I had people with me.

Almost talked my best mate into NYC this time but he's strapped for cash. That said it's more because he has too much on I think. I'm strapped for cash too so this New York trip is kindly sponsored by the Credit Union!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭qwabercd

John_D80 wrote: »
    Of the current top ten she has the edge over everyone except Nunes and Holm.

Hard to say Holm has the edge over her but not Shevchenko. Shevchenko dealt with Holm relatively easily, and has a more rounded game so it's not like stylistically she'd match up worse against Ronda.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks I had flights and a hotel booked for UFC 205. I was bringing the lady over for a holiday and I was gonna catch the flights. Flights are up for sale if interested at a reasonable price PM or get in contact through the link. Very decent price as I booked it as soon as the date was confirmed
    http://www.adverts.ie/11290709

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

14murphy wrote: »
    Folks I had flights and a hotel booked for UFC 205. I was bringing the lady over for a holiday and I was gonna catch the flights. Flights are up for sale if interested at a reasonable price PM or get in contact through the link. Very decent price as I booked it as soon as the date was confirmed
    http://www.adverts.ie/11290709

I think you're ambitious looking for 800 for that. With name change fees, it'd work out cheaper for people to just buy their own.

I booked yesterday, Thursday to Sunday, for €495.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Marc Diakiese v Reza Madadi set for UFC 204 in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    Marc Diakiese v Reza Madadi set for UFC 204 in Manchester.

This guy is unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

I think you're ambitious looking for 800 for that. With name change fees, it'd work out cheaper for people to just buy their own.

To be fair dude I took 100 off what I paid and I'm just trying to give someone incase things get booked out. I could just cancel and refund the trip if needs be. I didn't think I was being ambitious. This is for two people not just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

To be fair dude I took 100 off what I paid and I'm just trying to give someone incase things get booked out. I could just cancel and refund the trip if needs be. I didn't think I was being ambitious. This is for two people not just one.

The only thing is that whoever buys them will have to pay an extra 320 to change names on the tickets.

The only thing is that whoever buys them will have to pay an extra 320 to change names on the tickets.

Its a €100 to change names. Just wanna help an MMA fan if I can!

Isn't it a 100 each way per name, so 400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I thought AerLingus was €80 per seat for name changes?

Anyway there is still plenty of seats left and they haven't gone up much in price, so you aren't really helping an mma fan out. Also if you could just get a refund you woud.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Isn't it a 100 each way per name, so 400?

you are right

Low - Transatlantic flights

Change fee of €100/£85/$150 per person per flight apply, plus any difference in cost between the original price paid and the price available at the time the change is being made

it's great to see folks wanting to help out mma fans though :D

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    you are right

Low - Transatlantic flights

Change fee of €100/£85/$150 per person per flight apply, plus any difference in cost between the original price paid and the price available at the time the change is being made

it's great to see folks wanting to help out mma fans though :D

YEah he was able to get a refund but he just wants to help us out, at a loss of 100 to himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

JK is on The Late Late Show tomorrow night.

The following was shot as a build up. Has the usual cringe factor but to be fair it's nice to see mma getting some positive airtime on RTE after Joe Duffy's hatchet job back in April.

Paige VanZant put a picture online after getting a hairdo, says she's getting "ready for New York, ;);)".

Looks like another one in the works.

Paige VanZant put a picture online after getting a hairdo, says she's getting "ready for New York, ;);)".

Great....as long as i can get a bloody ticket. Everything booked.

Great....as long as i can get a bloody ticket. Everything booked.

Likewise.

Going to be a mad dash for a ticket.

When are you flying?

Likewise.

Going to be a mad dash for a ticket.

When are you flying?

That'll be another mad dash, I fly out early on the 12th. Only a couple of hours to spare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Its apparently a hint to new york fashion week :P

That'll be another mad dash, I fly out early on the 12th. Only a couple of hours to spare

Bloody hell that is leaving it late!

I'm out on the Thursday, back on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Joanne wearing addidas doing interview with Ariel and giving out about reebok gear. She won't be getting contract with them any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Joanne wearing addidas doing interview with Ariel and giving out about reebok gear. She won't be getting contract with them any time soon.

She already has an individual contract with them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement