Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Joe Duffy will be testing free agency. They have offered him a fight on the Belfast card but looks like it's against a nobody. Seems to want a ranked opponent so he can prove himself on the last fight of his contract. They've already offered him a new contract but it doesn't seem to be any better than his last.

It'd be a shame to see him go IMO. He could be a top 10 LW, but at the same time it's a short career and he has to look out for number one

http://www.the42.ie/joseph-duffy-ufc-contract-2976342-Sep2016/

Lukker- wrote: »
    Looks like Joe Duffy will be testing free agency. They have offered him a fight on the Belfast card but looks like it's against a nobody. Seems to want a ranked opponent so he can prove himself on the last fight of his contract. They've already offered him a new contract but it doesn't seem to be any better than his last.

It'd be a shame to see him go IMO. He could be a top 10 LW, but at the same time it's a short career and he has to look out for number one

http://www.the42.ie/joseph-duffy-ufc-contract-2976342-Sep2016/

Tristar has a great reputation but the majority of fighters coming out of there seem to be losing fights or winning decisions. Very few making an impact and getting themselves noticed. Big Arnold Allen fan so i'm hoping he doesn't go down the same route.

Tristar has a great reputation but the majority of fighters coming out of there seem to be losing fights or winning decisions. Very few making an impact and getting themselves noticed. Big Arnold Allen fan so i'm hoping he doesn't go down the same route.

Duffy has 4 fights in the UFC, 3 of them are first round finishes. Finished his last fight in 25 seconds. He went the distance with Poirier in a cracking fight. Poirier was a top 5 FW and is ranked 7 at LW.

I think it's less to do with his record and more to do with GSP playing hardball and Rory McDonald jumping ship to Bellator, both of whom are Tristars biggest fighters.

Dana once threatened to cut the entire AKA roster because Jon Fitch wouldn't sign over his image rights for the UFC game for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Joe deserves a top 15 fight after the 1st round finishes and the Dustin war. Would be a shame if he missed out on Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

does Ross pearson have a fight scheduled? think that could be a fun matchup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,410 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's pretty hard know what to think without knowing who the fight/contract offer he turned down was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Down the road somewhere, there is a big money fight for him vs McGregor.

Maybe not so much any more as he's not the last person to beat him, but it'd still be a massive fight.

It's a bit of a shame he's not the most marketable fighter. If he was in any way loud or brash he'd be given a good fight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

8 days till Belfast ticket sales and no prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

but1er wrote: »

8 days??? How did I miss that!

UFC 205 isn't til the end of the month and that event is a week before Belfast.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    8 days??? How did I miss that!

UFC 205 isn't til the end of the month and that event is a week before Belfast.

Thank god I double checked that. Was second guessing myself

Yep FC 22nd

• Advertisement

205 could go on sale day before and still sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, it's a bit silly to be honest! We have everything booked up and I promised the lads decent seats for less than €100 a head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Only 1 fight announced aswell.
    hard to justify spending a lot of money with nothing else announced.
    Also Duffy allegedly turning down a fight on the card already has me a bit iffy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Any rumours on ticket pricing for 205 ? Would it be bet to get fight club to try get a cheaper ticket ?

Cheap tickets are going to be impossible.

I'd say the cheap ones will be $100 minimum and will be gone instantly.

Be prepared to spend around $500 plus fees.

****e. Need two tickets. Would it be best to try for cheap ones on fight club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Even with fightclub your chances of getting the cheapest bracket tickets will be very slim

They are always very limited in number and will be highly sought after, disappear quickly

maximoose wrote: »
    Even with fightclub your chances of getting the cheapest bracket tickets will be very slim

They are always very limited in number and will be highly sought after, disappear quickly

Which way does fight club work ? An annual membership ? I presume they will send a code to use with Ticketmaster for an early sale correct ?

Wow Just seen this on Viagogo. Thats expensive
    http://www.viagogo.ie/Sports-Tickets/Other-Sports/UFC-Tickets/E-1881431

Annual membership yeah, and they give you a code for the presales.

Suppose thats the way to go.

• Advertisement

There will probably only be less than 100 tickets at the cheapest price bracket.

You need to decide your maximum budget and go after those. If you go chasing the $100 seats then by the time you give up on those the $200s will be gone too.

I expect this to be the fastest selling event since ufc 100.

What time do the pre sale normally go on sale at ?

I think UFC 205 will be priced probably around the same as UFC 194. They went overboard with UFC 202 pricing thinking that people would pay any price and the gate suffered and even though the event broke PPV records the gate was only 7 or 8 million compared to 12 for the Aldo fight.

14murphy wrote: »
    What time do the pre sale normally go on sale at ?

10am at local time of the event

I wouldn't expect any tickets for less than $230. That was the cheapest ones going for 196. Even non-McGregor cards were minimum $170 at Vegas.

I wouldn't expect any tickets for less than $230. That was the cheapest ones going for 196. Even non-McGregor cards were minimum $170 at Vegas.
    Yeh I paid $600 dollars for a ticket at 194. This time I need another one for the girlfriend do we will deffo be going cheaper.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think UFC 205 will be priced probably around the same as UFC 194. They went overboard with UFC 202 pricing thinking that people would pay any price and the gate suffered and even though the event broke PPV records the gate was only 7 or 8 million compared to 12 for the Aldo fight.

Dana is on record as saying that they would break the gate record at MSG though.

I think that with it being the first ever event in NYC it will have a higher demand regardless of the card. Some people (myself included) will make the effort for it no matter what.

Add to that the potential McGregor factor and you have the perfect storm for sky high ticket prices.

Ticket prices are an absolute joke

Is that Belfast prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

maximoose wrote: »
    Is that Belfast prices?

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement