Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

is the post in euro dollars or the queens finest shillings....

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

dashoonage wrote: »
    is the post in euro dollars or the queens finest shillings....

Pounds.

or punts are also acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Cashing in while there's a demand smart people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No too much dearer than Dublin last time round, was hoping they'd be a little cheaper. At least I can stay with the parents in Belfast I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Anyone rooting for Dustin?For most of the time he seems a likeable guy and he has looked amazing at 55 and this fight is where we get to see where he is really at in that division.

I just find it hard to root for him,his antics after he wins really irritate me,i get people like to celebrate and theres a lot of pressure on them and all plus outside of that he seems a really nice guy i just think he kinda acts disrespectful to his opponents just after he wins with the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sad news regarding Kenny Florian's brother.

https://twitter.com/UFCWorldNews/status/776119986695856133

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Fking hell those Belfast prices,regretting ducking out of Manchester to go to this instead now,considering its prob going to be an uber weak card with no Duffy. At least its on at a civiles hour though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

By the way, if anyone would like to donate use of their Fight Club membership to a long time forum member and contributor for the Belfast card that would be HUGELY appreciated!

We have everything booked and have plans to buy a Fight Club membership between us....... but there's 6 of us so if we're left with 4 tickets per person, we're screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

newbbieb wrote: »
    Anyone rooting for Dustin?For most of the time he seems a likeable guy and he has looked amazing at 55 and this fight is where we get to see where he is really at in that division.

I just find it hard to root for him,his antics after he wins really irritate me,i get people like to celebrate and theres a lot of pressure on them and all plus outside of that he seems a really nice guy i just think he kinda acts disrespectful to his opponents just after he wins with the celebrations.

Yep I'm a huge Poirier fan.

I wanted him to beat Duffy, one of my favourite fighters.
    The fightville documentary was good viewing for anyone interested in how he got started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yep I'm a huge Poirier fan.

I wanted him to beat Duffy, one of my favourite fighters.
    The fightville documentary was good viewing for anyone interested in how he got started.

+1 Fightville is one of the better takes on MMA as a documentary that I've seen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fightville was a bit scary in places e.g. when one of the guys was missing training a bit so the coach pretty much just beat him up in "sparring". My heart went out to the other guy featured in it, he seemed to have it tough in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Has anyone else noticed that "It is what it is" seems to be by far the most annoyingly overused phrase amongst everyone on the UFC roster? ha

Has anyone else noticed that "It is what it is" seems to be by far the most annoyingly overused phrase amongst everyone on the UFC roster? ha

meh....it is what it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yup, in fairness it's probably the easiest response to the stupid post fight question to a loser, "How do you feel?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Weidman/Romero & Frankie/Stephens confrimed for 205

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »
    Weidman/Romero & Frankie/Stephens confrimed for 205

Neither a done deal just yet. Weidman hasn't agreed terms yet. Certainly look like certs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,410 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ryan Hall booked against Gray Maynard. That's a huge step up for Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Can see Ryan jump in 50/50 and Gray throwing loads of hammer fists down. Should be interesting scrap.

• Advertisement

Chael Sonnen signs with Bellator.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Neither a done deal just yet. Weidman hasn't agreed terms yet. Certainly look like certs though.

Id be 99.99% certain the fights will be made anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Weidman Romero is a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The Gangster in Bellator should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    The Gangster in Bellator should be fun.

And Rory looking for the fight...

Sonnen is a big loss imo still would pull on massive numbers compared to bellators usual standard. The flood guys will open soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, I think Sonnen is a big signing for Bellator.

Maybe he knew he couldn't cut it with USADA?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Such a joke Sonnen going to Bellator. Really makes them look like chumps taking him in to be honest. Might as well say straight out, I want to used banned substances and USADA aren't contracted by Bellator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

callaway92 wrote:
    Such a joke Sonnen going to Bellator. Really makes them look like chumps taking him in to be honest. Might as well say straight out, I want to used banned substances and USADA aren't contracted by Bellator.

Controversial comment incoming.

I really don't care if the are juicing or not, who wouldn't want to see a deer meat reem vs TRT Belfort etc.

Alot of boring fights since testing as well, I think alot more fighters were imbibing than we thought.

Then again I don't mind peds in any sport which I readily admit makes.me a minority.

jcd5971 wrote: »

I really don't care if the are juicing or not, who wouldn't want to see a deer meat reem vs TRT Belfort etc.

Alot of boring fights since testing as well, I think alot more fighters were imbibing than we thought.

Then again I don't mind peds in any sport which I readily admit makes.me a minority.

I agree....the gangster is back...let us all be merry ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

jcd5971 wrote: »

I do care though.

It really isn't brought up enough, but if a juiced up fighter permanently injures/severely damages an opponent, there really should be repercussions as per that commission's regulations.

What if a fighter somehow paralyses and opponent and it's found after the fight that he was juicing? Something has to happen there, and the onus should fall on the company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement