Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

callaway92 wrote:
    It really isn't brought up enough, but if a juiced up fighter permanently injures/severely damages an opponent, there really should be repercussions as per that commission's regulations.

Again I don't really mind if I'm being honest. They are pro fighters not librarians injuries are a risk.

No desire to have an argument tho as I already said I'm aware I have a minority viewpoint on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I see Chael and Rory are angling for a fight.

I'd be very disappointed with Rory if that happened.

It's one thing moving to a less competitive promotion because the money was right but he should at least be chasing that promotion's belt, not fighting over the hill juicers for a pay cheque.

Then again, Chael is the undisputed MW and LHW champion of the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭cletus

If every fighter was to refuse to fight somebody who had previously been caught juicing, theres. Lot of fights that would never get made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Again I don't really mind if I'm being honest. They are pro fighters not librarians injuries are a risk.

No desire to have an argument tho as I already said I'm aware I have a minority viewpoint on this issue.

That's like saying you don't mind people driving while drunk. Everyone knows there is a risk of being in a crash when they get into their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I see Chael and Rory are angling for a fight.

I'd be very disappointed with Rory if that happened.

It's one thing moving to a less competitive promotion because the money was right but he should at least be chasing that promotion's belt, not fighting over the hill juicers for a pay cheque.

Then again, Chael is the undisputed MW and LHW champion of the world...

I think recently his first child was born or is due he got nose wrecked in the Lawlor fight where there is serious question marks over Robbie in that fight and it still could end his career prematurely in a fight against a guy who was potentially doping.

Rory always had a great top game vicious ground and pound but for the most part he loved to stand and trade and put on a show for the fans and seems a really cool guy with it,honestly can't think of a guy out there that deserves to get paid more than him.

Personally i would love to see him get some big pay days and not see him get in too many more wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Has Rory ever fought at gangster weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lukker- wrote: »
    Has Rory ever fought at gangster weight?

Nope but he told Helwani he wants to be champ at 170 and 185
    so why would he not try a shot at the gangster weight title too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That's like saying you don't mind people driving while drunk. Everyone knows there is a risk of being in a crash when they get into their car.

Completely different.

A better analogy would be if these people were in a competition where they were already crashing cars into each other, and one had an illegal modification.

Legalise PEDs and just let them go at it!!

drnick.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Completely different.

A better analogy would be if these people were in a competition where they were already crashing cars into each other, and one had an illegal modification.

Legalise PEDs and just let them go at it!!

drnick.jpg
    You just need to re watch pride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Getting Chael is a big signing, I wonder how he got the UFC to release him though?

Can't happen with Wandy in the Rizin Openweight Grand Prix but New Years Eve card in Japan please

Juiced Chael vs Juiced Wandy
    Tito or Rampage vs Fedor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

whole chael thing made me think, you know the way he said he had usada tests waiting for results? does this mean were he to fail those now it wouldnt matter as he's contracted to belator and they have no relationship with usada? or is it standard procedure of alerting the commision first, then the org, then the fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Depp wrote: »
    whole chael thing made me think, you know the way he said he had usada tests waiting for results? does this mean were he to fail those now it wouldnt matter as he's contracted to belator and they have no relationship with usada? or is it standard procedure of alerting the commision first, then the org, then the fighter?

It would mean his man would be less anyway, interesting point.

Wouldn't matter, even if USADA informed Bellator I don't think they'd do anything. Bellator are only accountable to the commissions where the fight is being held.

I'd say he'll be on some cocktail of juice at Bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone clamouring to see juiced fighters facing off does the sport of MMA a disservice.

That kind of moronic, neanderthal attitude only helps give weight to the argument that MMA is little more than an unregulated bloodsport.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wouldn't matter, even if USADA informed Bellator I don't think they'd do anything. Bellator are only accountable to the commissions where the fight is being held.

I'd say he'll be on some cocktail of juice at Bellator

the problem with that be is they inform the commission before the org, I was wondering do usada lose durisdiction now as hes no longer ufc contracted

Anyone clamouring to see juiced fighters facing off does the sport of MMA a disservice.

That kind of moronic, neanderthal attitude only helps give weight to the argument that MMA is little more than an unregulated bloodsport.

Must be difficult to watch the fights from all the way up there on your high horse!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Must be difficult to watch the fights from all the way up there on your high horse!

I have a huge TV.

If USADA get a failed test I believe they notify the UFC, the commission and the fighter at the same time.

Just spit balling what I think could of happened.

Chael said he was in the testing pool but does he have a licence? If he doesn't, USADA have no commission to report to so the UFC and him are the only people told of any testing 'problems'. He doesn't get a green light from USADA and asks to be released so he can earn a living.

the problem with that be is they inform the commission before the org, I was wondering do usada lose durisdiction now as hes no longer ufc contracted

They certainly lose jurisdiction because they are employed by the UFC , it's outside the remits of their contract. Why should the UFC pay for tests for other organisations?

Even if they told the relevant commissions, I think the majority of the ones Bellator deal with ignore it. They purposely have events in states with cowboy commissions

Sure they scheduled Kimbo to fight in the UK after he'd had his license revoked in the US after the Dada fight!

• Advertisement

I'd call myself more a realist. The sport (and all sports) are juiced to the gills. I want to see Chael and Wandy fight and I know they'll be juiced for it and I have no problem with it. I'm not going to pretend they're not.

Realistically most pro MMA I've ever watched was juiced up fighter vs juiced up fighter. I still cheered and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I have a huge TV.

Comeback of the year in fairness.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'd call myself more a realist. The sport (and all sports) are juiced to the gills. I want to see Chael and Wandy fight and I know they'll be juiced for it and I have no problem with it. I'm not going to pretend they're not.

Realistically most pro MMA I've ever watched was juiced up fighter vs juiced up fighter. I still cheered and enjoyed it.

Exactly! They're juiced already. And the UFC don't care either! How many times have the UFC welcomed back with open arms fighters who have just come back from bans. Every time!

The last two UFC evnts were main evented by fighters who have been caught using PEDs. One of them was fighting for the World Title!

The point is that yearning for "the good old days" whilst simultaneously demanding respect for MMA as a "proper" sport and treating it as such is completely hypocritical.

It's either a regulated sport or an unregulated freak show.

The only problem i have with it is the fact of how bad Chael is to actually watch and as soon as anyone hits him he turtles,more power to him for getting people to wanna watch him fight but he is the Bob Sapp of MMA.

But in fairness i would still love to the Silva fight,i think Wanderlai destroys him and it would be good to watch just the satisfaction would be limited considering Chael is gonna turtle and quit quick fast once the fight goes against him.

newbbieb wrote: »
    The only problem i have with it is the fact of how bad Chael is to actually watch and as soon as anyone hits him he turtles,more power to him for getting people to wanna watch him fight but he is the Bob Sapp of MMA.

But in fairness i would still love to the Silva fight,i think Wanderlai destroys him and it would be good to watch just the satisfaction would be limited considering Chael is gonna turtle and quit quick fast once the fight goes against him.

watch the fight anderson didnt cheat in and try make that point again

watch the fight anderson didnt cheat in and try make that point again

Sorry you lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chael took wandi down on tuf brazil he would demolish him in a proper fight, wandi is wayyyyy over the hill even worse than chael.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Wait a sec, isn't Bob Sapp, the Bob Sapp of MMA?? :):):)

• Advertisement

Sorry you lost me.

comparing chael to bob sapp is huugely exaggerating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement