Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

John_D80 wrote: »
    Wait a sec, isn't Bob Sapp, the Bob Sapp of MMA?? :):):)

Yeah probably shudda said of the UFC or something was thinking about Sapps fights he threw in kickboxing course he done plenty of that in mma too.

Depp wrote: »
    comparing chael to bob sapp is huugely exaggerating

Yeah no doubt its exaggerating but just the fights he takes when he is in over his head,like the Jones one or the Rashad one,you can clearly see he doesn't intend to win them fights and just had intended to just step inside the octagon and get paid.

The other fights where he had a solid chance he definitely gave his all,but against Fedor which the idea seems to be floating around,its definitely another one of them in over his head fights where he is gonna turtle at the first sign of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Woodley wonderboy on 205. Woodley anounced on weigh in show..just read on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's go Wonderboy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hope Wonderboy highlight reel KO's his big head off for trying to duck him. Part of me thinks that fight doesn't go ahead, Wonderboy is an awful matchup for him IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UFC Rewards is being scrapped, effective from 15th October. It takes a while to build up points but I've got some good things off there in the past so that's a shame.

Fight Club membership has also gone down the drain too. In the past you got to go to exclusive meet and greets with guest fighters, get a signed event poster, first in to weigh-ins etc. Now it's literally the bare minimum - access to ticket pre-sales.

I know the rewards is relatively a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but combine that with the changes they've made to Fight Club and also Fight Pass regarding PPV's and no longer showing main cards for any events and I feel the customer experience has taken a massive hit over the last month. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    UFC Rewards is being scrapped, effective from 15th October. It takes a while to build up points but I've got some good things off there in the past so that's a shame.

Fight Club membership has also gone down the drain too. In the past you got to go to exclusive meet and greets with guest fighters, get a signed event poster, first in to weigh-ins etc. Now it's literally the bare minimum - access to ticket pre-sales.

I know the rewards is relatively a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but combine that with the changes they've made to Fight Club and also Fight Pass regarding PPV's and no longer showing main cards for any events and I feel the customer experience has taken a massive hit over the last month. :(

Its a load of bollox all the chnages they have made, rewards was class, it has paid for many months of FP :(

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hope Wonderboy highlight reel KO's his big head off for trying to duck him. Part of me thinks that fight doesn't go ahead, Wonderboy is an awful matchup for him IMO.

I hope Wonderboy wins here too and i would have him as the favourite but i don't fully go along with the very common theme that its an easy fight for him or that its such a terrible match up for Woodley,Rory is a worse match up for Woodley.

Woodley comes from a wrestling background and while it might be a few years the blueprint was set by Matt Brown on how to beat Wonderboy,hopefully Wonderboy can keep him on the outside like Rory did but Rory has stronger wrestling than Wonderboy imo,so we will see but i think there is worse match ups for Woodley at least he is clearly better in one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

UFC Rewards is being scrapped

I stupidly paid for Fight Club when points woulda done :mad:

It says its discontinued from Oct 15th but can redeem the points up until 6 months after that correct? I'll wait till the turn of the year and decide what I use them on.

E-mail was even BS with the icebreaker hope you managed to catch UFC 203 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

newbbieb wrote: »
    I hope Wonderboy wins here too and i would have him as the favourite but i don't fully go along with the very common theme that its an easy fight for him or that its such a terrible match up for Woodley,Rory is a worse match up for Woodley.

Woodley comes from a wrestling background and while it might be a few years the blueprint was set by Matt Brown on how to beat Wonderboy,hopefully Wonderboy can keep him on the outside like Rory did but Rory has stronger wrestling than Wonderboy imo,so we will see but i think there is worse match ups for Woodley at least he is clearly better in one area.

Wonderboy's takedown defence is absolutely top class, it almost negates the one big advantage Woodley has over him. He's very strong in the clinch too and has a mean right hand but those weapons count for little when he'll struggle to get within range of Wonderboy to make either count.

I don't think it's an easy fight for Thompson by any stretch just to be clear, there aren't any easy fights at that level. I just think it all plays into his hands nicely and he should be able to go out there and fight his own fight. Probably a comfortable points decision for WB if he performs to the best of his abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Decision? We want a spinning head kick KO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Whelo79 wrote:
    That's like saying you don't mind people driving while drunk. Everyone knows there is a risk of being in a crash when they get into their car.

Well not really no. What I'm saying is legalise it and let em at it ala pride, everyone knows what's happening and we get great fights.
    To use your analogy they'd both be drunk driving on a race track with no one else there but themselves... That sounds exciting actually lol.
    The point is that yearning for "the good old days" whilst simultaneously demanding respect for MMA as a "proper" sport and treating it as such is completely hypocritical.

Not demanding respect it's cage fighting, you will never ever bring round the Joe Duffy brigade to accepting it.

The good old days could well re emerge yet.

They had Scott Coker on a recent podcast of fatk and he basically said bellator had no interest in testing as it's a commission job, then puts events in states with poor commissions.

I think Chael is tip of iceberg actually.
    Bring back wandy, vitor, Anderson, reem. All of them I'm excited just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Paully D wrote:

Jesus it's almost like they want you to steal there ppvs at this stage.

One of the reasons I bought every ppv was for the points, I know that's a bit mad but I was invested in it, along with the pick em fantasy league.

I have just about enough points for to redeem a full year of fightpass so at least I have that, which is grand since I got around the irish fightpass viewing restrictions.

Still disappointing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Not demanding respect it's cage fighting, you will never ever bring round the Joe Duffy brigade to accepting it.

The good old days could well re emerge yet.

Bisping might take issue with that. Maybe you've missed it, but there has been an enormous push over the last twenty years to legitimise MMA. It's either sport or spectacle.

If anyone wants a good laugh, have a listen to the corner commentary from Edmond for Travis Browne on Fight Pass (select the fight, then change audio to his corner). It's hilarious but unbelievable at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

If anyone wants a good laugh, have a listen to the corner commentary from Edmond for Travis Browne on Fight Pass (select the fight, then change audio to his corner). It's hilarious but unbelievable at the same time.

He told Travis to kick Werdum in the head while he was down? :eek:

That and repeatedly shouting "show your heart".

He told Travis to kick Werdum in the head while he was down? :eek:

That and repeatedly shouting "show your heart".

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/775084493984174080?lang=en

So is are the fight night main events only restricted in Ireland, lets say if I moved to germany would I be able to watch the fight night events on fight pass?

So is are the fight night main events only restricted in Ireland, lets say if I moved to germany would I be able to watch the fight night events on fight pass?

Most likely but depends of the set-up of their broadcast partner, They mentioned on Fight night Hamburg they weren't long back on German TV and people in Germany are able to watch on such a channel.

In our Case Eir F'd us anyway :( cnuts!!

I know the Belgians can watch all tonights card on Fightpass. Like said before, depends on the individual tv deal in each country.
    UFC know the Irish will pay it, they bled you guys dry at Vegas. The difference in Irish attending between 194 and 196 was incredible. 202 showed that isn't working so now they're taking the money via the tv deal and inflated ticket prices for Belfast.

• Advertisement

Not working for me:

Fight Pass->Fight Replays->UK/Ireland UFC203

No option to switch directly to fight, unless clicking skip track button or clicking anyway forward to get there options for red/blue corner not available when I do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Surely to god the ufc 205 main event will be announced in the next couple of days ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Surely to god the ufc 205 main event will be announced in the next couple of days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ricero wrote: »

God doesnt decide these thing....Conor does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Conor bless

conor_m.gif

is this Dizzy Doozy or whatever character legit ? he broke some big stories in the past.

if so...looks like UFC are planning a big end to the year. I just can see it though.

https://twitter.com/TalkMMA/status/777687043900071937

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

dashoonage wrote: »
    is this Dizzy Doozy or whatever character legit ? he broke some big stories in the past.

if so...looks like UFC are planning a big end to the year. I just can see it though.

https://twitter.com/TalkMMA/status/777687043900071937

Rousey Nunes round 1 would be amazing to watch both would come out guns blazing.

• Advertisement

Rousey would need actual guns....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement