Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sure, he should be reprimanded as a deterrent to others, but let's not all pretend that he Cro Cop'd Big John. It was more a shove with his foot in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Spats or shove or not is not the point.

A fighter under no circumstances should touch a ref like that.

As much as Edmund is hated Werdum shouldn't be kicking out at trainers either.
    These guys are trained professional killing machines, they should not be doing things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Who was the guy who got cut for pushing the ref?

He was cut, if Big Country isn't it sets a bad precedent. Basically you can't behave like that to a referee, unless you are a big name in the sport.

UFC is notorious for treating fighters differently based on their popularity and worth, it will be interesting how they react to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Personally think there should be 0 tolerance for putting your hands (or feet) on the ref, and he should be cut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Take his purse, that'll be enough of
    A deterrent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

valor wrote: »
    Personally think there should be 0 tolerance for putting your hands (or feet) on the ref, and he should be cut

If they don't punish him hard for it,it is at odds with Daly being cut permanently for hitting an opponent after the bell.

Hitting a ref after the bell or at any time should be considered a lot worse although its just a push kick,Dalys punch was just a bit of a slap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

newbbieb wrote: »
    ...Dalys punch was just a bit of a slap too.
    Eh...not really.

6f9gr4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great interview with bisping on the mma hour. Says hendo has not been tested in camp yet

ricero wrote: »
    Says hendo has not been tested in camp yet
    He's been tested 6 times in the last 12 weeks.
    I don't know exactly when he was tested, or when he started camp (does that one matter?)
    But I'd guess Bisping is talking bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I may be going crazy but I'm starting to think Hendo is gonna beat him again. I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I may be going crazy but I'm starting to think Hendo is gonna beat him again. I hope not.

I hope he does but what happens then? Raises the belt above his head and says, "screw this, I'm done!" and then fling the belt back in the direction of Bisping's almost lifeless body on the canvas? Does Bisping leave with the belt regardless of the result because Dan's taking his pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

theteal wrote: »
    I hope he does but what happens then? Raises the belt above his head and says, "screw this, I'm done!" and then fling the belt back in the direction of Bisping's almost lifeless body on the canvas? Does Bisping leave with the belt regardless of the result because Dan's taking his pension?

No of course not. If Dan wins and retires, title becomes vacant, probably to be contested by some combination of Weidman/Rockhold/Romero/Jacare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Eddie Alvarez vs Conor McGregor for 155 title at UFC 205 confirmed.

Let him win his 2 titles then vacate the 145 belt. Bit of a joke really tbh.
    Money over fairness/logic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Eddie Alvarez vs Conor McGregor for 155 title at UFC 205 confirmed.

Let him win his 2 titles then vacate the 145 belt. Bit of a joke really tbh.
    Money over fairness/logic

Money = Logic

Mellor wrote: »
    Eh...not really.

6f9gr4.jpg

Personally i would only call that a bit of a slap i guess its subjective.Its not like he poleaxed him is it.

John_D80 wrote: »
    No of course not. If Dan wins and retires, title becomes vacant, probably to be contested by some combination of Weidman/Rockhold/Romero/Jacare.

Dan will take another fight if he wins,he is just gonna be harder to deal with moneywise,he already hinted that he might be willing to take another fight if the money is right.

Personally i would only call that a bit of a slap i guess its subjective.Its not like he poleaxed him is it.
    It was a closed fist, well after the bell, when his guard was down.
    If happened at a weigh in, would you brush it off like that?

Depends what you mean by poleaxed tbh. There where no medieval weapons involved for sure ;)

Mellor wrote: »
    It was a closed fist, well after the bell, when his guard was down.
    If happened at a weigh in, would you brush it off like that?

Depends what you mean by poleaxed tbh. There where no medieval weapons involved for sure ;)

You can be very pedantic at times man,he threw a light punch with no power which is why it just slid of Koshchecks arm like that,there wasn't intent to do damage,when Daly throws with intent he KOs and hurts people that was just a light throw of the arm with nothing much on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

That "light throw of the arm" would probably have knocked him out if it landed on the chin!

Dan will take another fight if he wins,he is just gonna be harder to deal with moneywise,he already hinted that he might be willing to take another fight if the money is right.

Yup, know that.

Poster was asking what would happen if Dan won and immediately retired.

• Advertisement

Yup, know that.

Poster was asking what would happen if Dan won and immediately retired.

Yeah but i was just saying he won't do that,so its kind of a moot point,since he already has said he will take another fight.

That "light throw of the arm" would probably have knocked him out if it landed on the chin!

If you look at it closely it did half land on the chin actually there is just no power on that punch.He just wanted to tap Koscheck let him know he was there.

Yeah but i was just saying he won't do that,so its kind of a moot point,since he already has said he will take another fight.

Moot or otherwise, thats not what we were talking about at all.

We were discussing a hypothetical situation. People do that sometimes. Its not against the rules I believe!

Didn't you just call another poster pedantic, like 2 mins ago? LOL

Moot or otherwise, thats not what we were talking about at all.

We were discussing a hypothetical situation. People do that sometimes. Its not against the rules I believe!

Didn't you just call another poster pedantic, like 2 mins ago? LOL

I wasn't aware of your hypothetical conversation man,your getting worked up about it i just seen the conversation about what happens if Dan retires and i replied said i seen he said he would take another fight i wasn't even arguing take it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If you look at it closely it did half land on the chin actually there is just no power on that punch.He just wanted to tap Koscheck let him know he was there.

The guy anticipated it luckily and even blocked a bit of it. It certainly wasn't a tap or a "light throw". It's right there! Look at it!:D

You can be very pedantic at times man,he threw a light punch with no power which is why it just slid of Koshchecks arm like that,there wasn't intent to do damage,when Daly throws with intent he KOs and hurts people that was just a light throw of the arm with nothing much on it.
    I never said it was his a Daly bomb with all his power. But it's wasn't particularly "light" either.
    Regardless, the power behind is not teally the issue. It's the fact it was way after the bell. Its was a pretty scummy move.

He doesn't deserved to be banned for life though imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I actually can't tell if you're serious... He clearly threw himself into that punch. He even turns with the punch. There was nothing half-assed about that.

Not saying he would have KO'd him if it connected properly but there was definitely intent behind that punch.

I wasn't aware of your hypothetical conversation man,your getting worked up about it i just seen the conversation about what happens if Dan retires and i replied said i seen he said he would take another fight i wasn't even arguing take it easy.

Eh wut? No one is getting ''worked up'' here at all!!

:confused:

The guy anticipated it luckily and even blocked a bit of it. It certainly wasn't a tap or a "light throw". It's right there! Look at it!:D

Can understand how someone might think its hard i guess,but to me it looks a tap coz it actually lands and the way his arms drop he looks tired like he just threw tired arms with no power.

• Advertisement

I actually can't tell if you're serious... He clearly threw himself into that punch. He even turns with the punch. There was nothing half-assed about that.

Not saying he would have KO'd him if it connected properly but there was definitely intent behind that punch.

To me he looks like he just pushes his body through the punch to try and make his arm reach Koscheck and tap him on the jaw but there is little to no power on it,he is just trying to make it reach by extending his body into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement