Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jaysus the strength of the punch is firm/hard its not a slap, he got what he deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Mellor wrote: »
    I never said it was his a Daly bomb with all his power. But it's wasn't particularly "light" either.
    Regardless, the power behind is not teally the issue. It's the fact it was way after the bell. Its was a pretty scummy move.

He doesn't deserved to be banned for life though imo.

I wouldnt disagree it was a scummy move i wasn't really defending Daly,but to me fighters are engrossed in a battle and if it spills over like that,its definitely a punishable offence but if you push kick the ref to me that is a different stratosphere of offence and should be punished ten times as harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

newbbieb wrote: »
    If you look at it closely it did half land on the chin actually there is just no power on that punch.He just wanted to tap Koscheck let him know he was there.

Just............ stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just............ stop!

Wasn't talking to you,how about you stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah lads.....stop....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ahhhhh would ya schhhhhhhtop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Stop-the-lights-DVD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

593.jpg

Duffy on mmahour was little better than expected, I thought he would be underwhelming. He wasn't going to stir it up too much, he really doesn't want to test the water imo, however I don't think he has a choice to at least get an offer and see if UFC will match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Duffy on mmahour was little better than expected, I thought he would be underwhelming. He wasn't going to stir it up too much, he really doesn't want to test the water imo, however I don't think he has a choice to at least get an offer and see if UFC will match.

He wants a fight with a top 10 guy if he wins his stock rises and the UFC will give him more money, if he loses he's in the same spot he's in now pay wise and can try and see if there's any interest from Bellator or OneFC.

I think he's doing exactly the right thing at the moment.

• Advertisement

I appreciate his position, I thought he talked about pay more than I expected, he didn't go as far as Big Al however he talked about it more than I expected.

I wish him well hopefully he gets a good fight to up his profile, best he could hope for is an Evan Dunham. Is that going to be enough? He has little choice but to go forward, he isn't getting the love by the UFC.

He can only answer the questions the interviewer asks him. Ariel pushed the money thing a lot and Joe just gave him well prepared safe answers, not shaking the boat too much but stating his position. I don't know what more you'd want from him.

I didn't want anything more from him, I expected him to close up and not answer some of those questions. That was my expectation pre interview, no where did I criticise him in the interview.

just listening to Woodley now, brilliant so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Roy Nelson is in big doo-doo.

Dana is going on UFC Unfiltered Podcast today with an announcement on Roy for kicking Big John.

Might be cut. Unlikely, possibly, but suspended is on cards.

Roy being cut might be the best thing that could happen to him, the UFC are paying him nothing, Bellator or WSOF would be a pay rise for him.

He could have Burgerking on his shorts then too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Roy Nelson is offically foooked.

Holy sh1t. Dana went off on him. "He needs to be buried".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Posted on the other thread and sorry to invade this one too but if anybody had a spare fight club code for tomorrow's presale be greatly appreciative of a PM...used to have a membership and shared a spare code with someone on here before (although in the end I don't think it worked for them..I did try!)

Can PayPal a few quid over for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Aldo really upset about Conor x Alvarez - "cancel my contract. "This is not a sport anymore, it is a Circus" glo.bo/2cTSlhT

From a reporter on Twitter. Link is to a Portuguese article.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Aldo really upset about Conor x Alvarez - "cancel my contract. "This is not a sport anymore, it is a Circus" glo.bo/2cTSlhT

This from a guy who had one fight a year in his terms when he was featherweight champion
    This will be Conor's third fight since their fight
    Aldo has had one
    What doesn't expect a red carpet ...
    He couldn't sell water in a desert never mind a ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

brinty wrote: »
    This from a guy who had one fight a year in his terms when he was featherweight champion
    Aldo has had one

To be fair though, Dana maintained that Conor would 100% fight the winner of Jose and Frankie the whole way through so he has a right to be pissed imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Aldo has had one

Harsh, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought of max straight away, wanted to see him fight aldo for the belt one conor has to vacate.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/780920448095748096

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

1-This from a guy who had one fight a year in his terms when he was featherweight champion
    2-This will be Conor's third fight since their fight
    3-Aldo has had one
    4-What doesn't expect a red carpet ...
    5-He couldn't sell water in a desert never mind a ppv

1-rubbish. check his record
    2-so he's only had 2 fights
    3-so it'll be his second fight
    4- he is still pi ssed off, most likely with himself more than anyone but he has a point (*see post above from stephen15). unfortunately, as you say in point 5, he has absolutely no charisma, and therefore has to suck it up, and take what he's given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcj64LDGrhc

not sure if its been up yet but a really good doc on cyborg preparing for the fight at 198 in Brazil.

even watch from 26 minutes on it shows the weight cut leading up to it... really hard to watch, like a cancer patient on their last hours

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

She missed weight. The Brazilian commission are dodgy AF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mellor wrote:

Wasn't it reported she was 141.6...

Mellor wrote: »

She weighed in at 141.45, which is rounded down to 141. Which is what they announced her weight as. It's a catch weight fight so only the UFC could hold accountable for the missed lb, and they obviously didn't care.

BTW at catch weight there's no 1lb allowance so even at 141 she was technically over weight but who knows what the contracts actually said, and to be honest who gives a ****, making her cut below 145 is typical Dana White idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

She weighed in at 141.45, which is rounded down to 141. Which is what they announced her weight as. It's a catch weight fight so only the UFC could hold accountable for the missed lb, and they obviously didn't care.

BTW at catch weight there's no 1lb allowance so even at 141 she was technically over weight but who knows what the contracts actually said, and to be honest who gives a ****, making her cut below 145 is typical Dana White idiocy.

no way shes ever making 135, pointless having her kill herself to get to 140 and unfair on the 135 girls theyre expecting to fight her, either start an actual 145 division or leave her in invicta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement