Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bisping said during a presser that gsp is looking for 10 million dollars for his return and that he would love to fight him at ufc 206 toronto. Gsp has also told french media he has an announcement to make next week.

Mad money hes looking for. I really dont think hes worth that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

DC & Rumble not the main event

Gsp is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I wonder who will fight GSP. I've no interest in Diaz really. Lawler or Silvia would interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really hope GSP doesn't come back! He was showing some serious signs of CTE (remember he told Joe Rogan on his podcast that he was losing hours of his life..... and said that it was because aliens were abducting him?)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Mad money hes looking for. I really dont think hes worth that
    $10m is maybe 300k buys. I'd imagine he's worth that to a PPV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mellor wrote: »
    $10m is maybe 300k buys. I'd imagine he's worth that to a PPV

It really depends if he's talking $10m disclosed pay or overall pay. $10m disclosed would clearly be ridiculous given Conor got $3m disclosed for 1.65m PPV buys and GSP has never come close to McGregor numbers.

If he's looking for $2.5m disclosed plus PPV points which would get him close to $10m overall, then that's reasonable but the problem is if you give GSP a fight deal that gets him $10 million, then what does Conor end up asking for?

I'll be interested to see what the disclosed pay for UFC 205 is. He went from 500k disclosed against Aldo, to 1 million to 3 million in the Diaz fights. You'd have to guess it'll be a flat $5 million disclosed.

If the reports are true that Eddie signed for the fight on his last contract terms then he's looking at 180k disclosed plus champion PPV points.

It would be a flat 10m not 10+PPV points. Sorry, thought that was implied.
    Given what GSP was clearing in total before, and what Conor is probably clearing now. 10 feels about right for somewhere in the middle.
    He's right to ask anyway. They'll never take the risk on a flat non-PPV related payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dashoonage wrote: »
    I wonder who will fight GSP. I've no interest in Diaz really. Lawler or Silvia would interest me.

I'd definitely favour Nick. I think a fight v Silva would prob be similar to his fight with DC at 200. Robbie may not be ready for Toronto if he's taking extended time off after the knock-out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Another Jones scandal incoming

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/784078157120872448

Gonna sell my 205 ticket and head to this. Jones throws one hell of a party

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Manilla fight card cancelled/rescheduled. I see Jeremy Botter is saying that it was because the crazy Philippines government was going to drug test every person connected to the UFC and any failure (recreational as well) would result in their passports being seized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sage v Gall confirmed, will be having a decent bet on gall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ASOT wrote: »

Depends on odds of course, but I'd fancy Sage. We still know nothing about Gall, at least Sage has beaten a few legit pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any idea when? Really looking forward to that fight.

Depends on odds of course, but I'd fancy Sage. We still know nothing about Gall, at least Sage has beaten a few legit pros.

Gall has already proven he can neutralize feared strikers with his BJJ. Look how he dodged that right hand from hell off CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any idea when? Really looking forward to that fight.

The sacramento card, december 22. I just think Sage has 0 on the ground lads, if gall gets him theres its game over.

The sacramento card, december 22. I just think Sage has 0 on the ground lads, if gall gets him theres its game over.

No doubt Sage will be on the MMA Hour throwing some heat soon enough. The comments about how Gall should use hair gel last time were hurtful and uncalled for. God knows what lengths he'll go to get inside Gall's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

TimRiggins wrote: »
    No doubt Sage will be on the MMA Hour throwing some heat soon enough. The comments about how Gall should use hair gel last time were hurtful and uncalled for. God knows what lengths he'll go to get inside Gall's head.

I agree.

I'm all for a little trash talking, but to be fair there is a line, and he crossed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta say ufc are on one hell of a roll considering that gsp and rousey may also be returning by the years end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No events for 4 weeks now due to next week's cancellation. :(

The break might not do any harm I suppose with New York and then Belfast coming up in quick succession next month but it has been a long, long time since I can remember a break as long as this.

We've had 9 weeks of events in a row since McGregor/Diaz 2!

There have been quite a few 3 week gaps over the years but the last time I can see that there was a 4 week gap between events was back in 2011 when there was a month long gap between Fight Night: Noguiera v Davis (March 26th) and UFC 129: GSP v Shields (April 30th) and then a further 4 week gap between that and the next event which was UFC 130: Rampage v Hammill (May 28th).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but Ais got her BJJ black belt at the weekend. If I am not mistaken that also makes her the first Irish female to achieve a BJJ Black Belt having been the first to previously achieve the brown belt.

https://twitter.com/aliveness_ape/status/784967420268060672

Axwell wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but Ais got her BJJ black belt at the weekend. If I am not mistaken that also makes her the first Irish female to achieve a BJJ Black Belt having been the first to previously achieve the brown belt.

I posted it in the Belfast thread. But here would have made more sense. :o
    And you are right about her being the first female black belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Was it not that long ago she got her brown belt?

I thought it would take a lot longer to get her black belt.

Edit - she actually got it about 2.5 years ago.
    She posted a photo in May of her Conor and Paddy with their brown belts, maybe it was Paddy who got his then?

Edit 2 - Paddy got his in Feb this year. #doingmyownresearch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Redeemed some of the reward points for an I was there UFC204 ticketholder, was able to enter my Irish address and got a confirmation email strange as I thought they'd quit shipping outside the states...we'll see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Redeemed some of the reward points for an I was there UFC204 ticketholder, was able to enter my Irish address and got a confirmation email strange as I thought they'd quit shipping outside the states...we'll see what happened
    They reversed that a while back and started shipping again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Deadst4r wrote: »
    They reversed that a while back and started shipping again.

Cool that's good to know pity its ending! wonder if they'll replace it with anything else. 13,000 points for 2 UFC Belfast tickets still up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Would there be many female bjj blackbelts in the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

JJayoo wrote: »

Amanda Nunes and Claudia Gadelha are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JJayoo wrote: »

A few anyway.

Nunes, Claudia, Cyborg and a few others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement