Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Ariel reporting Ronda/Nunes is a go for the 30th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Surprised that Rousey is fighting again given her mindset. Has a fighter ever taken a defeat so badly? If she loses I hope she is put on suicide watch (and I don't say that disingenuously).

The comments she was making after the Holm fight was worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Dana to go on Colin Herds show in just over an hour. Huge announcement expected.

Likely Rousey back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Ariel says Rousey Nunes on New Year Eve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Ronda Rousey V Amanda Nunes December 30th. Confirmed on Fox by Dana White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Cyborg is soo buthurt that rousey won't fight her at anything but 135
    Has there ever been a fighter demanding someone come up a weight class to meet them ?
    Also what do we think will happen? Is rousey gonna hold back use her judo and get the arm or is Nunes gonna slap her head ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Tigger wrote: »
    Cyborg is soo buthurt that rousey won't fight her at anything but 135
    Has there ever been a fighter demanding someone come up a weight class to meet them ?
    Also what do we think will happen? Is rousey gonna hold back use her judo and get the arm or is Nunes gonna slap her head ?

If Ronda tries to strike with Nunes she'll be murdered. Her only hope is an early clinch and arm bar but Amanda is smart. I forsee a blitz from Nunes and an early stoppage. Ronda to retire.

If Ronda tries to strike with Nunes she'll be murdered. Her only hope is an early clinch and arm bar but Amanda is smart. I forsee a blitz from Nunes and an early stoppage. Ronda to retire.
    Ronda to retire either way id say
    unless she fights CC at 140 for the monies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

ah shes had so long out to work with edward non stop, her striking is going to be on point :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It'll be interesting to see odds, I'll be going for Nunes.

Even if Ronda gets her down Nunes is a BB in BJJ, I assume she won't fall into an armbar like Cat Zingano.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

i may be mental but if nunes bull rushes her cause of the added expectation of being champ on a big card and dont knock her out i think Honda takes her arm home aswell as her belt inside 1

As i said tho i could be mental

Even if Ronda gets her down Nunes is a BB in BJJ, I assume she won't fall into an armbar like Cat Zingano.
    tenner on Nunes to armbar RR might be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hope Ronda wins, even though I don't like her.

Be amusing to see the reaction from her detractors.

I think theres difference between ''going'' to the ground is different when shes getting thrown onto her dome. I also dont think falling into an armbar, dont care BB or not Rhonda WILL get your arm and take it.

I think theres difference between ''going'' to the ground is different when shes getting thrown onto her dome. I also dont think falling into an armbar, dont care BB or not Rhonda WILL get your arm and take it.

Holm escaped when Ronda got top position.

not really, most of her armbars were against girls that didnt exactly have the most illustrious bjj backgrounds...can honestly see nunes dealing with her easily enough

Holm escaped when Ronda got top position.
    holm broke rondas face at the start of the fight. if she avoids getting her face broken so early she is actuallya very respected fighter. in fact for years we all thought it was the Rousey show
    I don't knowwhat will happen but i'm glad we get to see (i really really want a 20 second win by arm bar don't care who does it )

its cool lads i think you are prob correct, but you ever just have a feeling ? and come one it would be funny

• Advertisement

Ronda's best chance might be taking her down and tiring her out more than armbarring her. We know Nunes weakness is her stamina, I think we can assume she'll put up a decent fight against the armbar though if she ends up on bottom. The odds are in Nunes favour though, even if this was Ronda before that KO she'd be a very tough match. We don't know how Ronda's gonna come back.

Ronda's best chance might be taking her down and tiring her out more than armbarring her. We know Nunes weakness is her stamina, I think we can assume she'll put up a decent fight against the armbar though if she ends up on bottom. The odds are in Nunes favour though, even if this was Ronda before that KO she'd be a very tough match. We don't know how Ronda's gonna come back.

thats true to be fair...who knows she could come bac like a demon, just cant see it going on her reaction to the holm loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Rondas winning streak was like Royce Gracie at the start of modern mma. Women's mma is at the same stage mens mma was at twenty years ago.

She has one style that is effective against people who haven't trained for it. After that she's ****ed.

Holly neutralised her takedown and lit her up, Nunes won't be afraid of the takedown because her ground game is better than Rondas.

Rondas day is over, the women's game is slowly evolving and she's becoming a relic, just like Royce.

Depp wrote: »
    not really, most of her armbars were against girls that didnt exactly have the most illustrious bjj backgrounds...can honestly see nunes dealing with her easily enough

Alexis Davis Bjj black belt

kaufmann was brown belt and she got rolled up
    and Nunes got ground and pounded at 178 by Cat

i think Rousey needs to go to ground and Nunes needs to stay up on the feet

Depp wrote: »
    thats true to be fair...who knows she could come bac like a demon, just cant see it going on her reaction to the holm loss

not on the same magnitude but wouldnt every fighters first loss be devastating >? And most fighters and trainers say a loss is sometimes invaluable. She wont try and stand with Amanda for sure so if its a run and clinch imo. She was destroyed by her loss to Holly so its just interesting to see the state she will be in. She must have lost in Judo her whole life and in sparring and she kept going and won an olympic medal. I think people think she took time off just cause of the loss, but i reckin she done so much media and made money and movies and then the loss she took well deserved time off.

in Depp's words '' bac like a demon''

Tigger wrote: »
    [YOUTUBEbFcuoUpf8Ec][/YOUTUBE]

Alexis Davis Bjj black belt

kaufmann was brown belt and she got rolled up
    i think Rousey needs to go to ground and Nunes needs to stay up on the feet
    Most

being honest Id actually like to see ronda win, tate rematch is a fight id like to see and itd be set up perfectly if tate beats pennington at 205

Losses can be good but personally I can't see a devastating KO, a year off and her admitting she felt depressed after the loss being good for her. I don't like Ronda at all but if she can come back from that and win I'll give her due praise. It'll be tough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor calling Dana about not fighting in Vegas anymore is class.

In other news Al Iaquinta is after retiring apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Rondas winning streak was like Royce Gracie at the start of modern mma. Women's mma is at the same stage mens mma was at twenty years ago.

She has one style that is effective against people who haven't trained for it. After that she's ****ed.

Holly neutralised her takedown and lit her up, Nunes won't be afraid of the takedown because her ground game is better than Rondas.

Rondas day is over, the women's game is slowly evolving and she's becoming a relic, just like Royce.

Lol less than 12 months ago she was the most all conquering dominating fighter in the UFC.

One loss, one, and she's a relic no hoper.

Fickle business the old MMA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement