Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The person who is accusing BJ Penn of sexual assault has filed charges today:

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/700064895883030528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

"Amber Soukus playboy" search on google returns nothing. The boyfriend is losing credibility fast :/

edit: surname is apparently Soukup, still nada. Somewhere BJ is preparing a boyfriend is full of shlt defense

Mellor wrote: »
    "Amber Soukus playboy" search on google returns nothing. The boyfriend is losing credibility fast :/

Well I assume if she's actually a playboy model she uses a pseudonym.

It's a shame if anything comes of it, it'll taint the legacy of a man who got many people (myself included) into MMA.

Probably can forget about his comeback too.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Well I assume if she's actually a playboy model she uses a pseudonym.

I would have assume that playboy models try to convince themselves that they are real celebs and make it their legal name

Pettis v Barboza booked for UFC 197 in April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That's a striking fans wet dream of a fight.

Nice match-up but I was hoping Nate would get Pettis.

Wonder who's next for Nate, Alvarez would be logical.

Nate vs Poirier would be savage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nate would murder Dustin bad bad match up for DP,Diaz Alverez next 155 is some division.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nate would murder Dustin bad bad match up for DP,Diaz Alverez next 155 is some division.

I dunno, depends which Nate shows up, I think DP will be there or thereabouts a top 5 fighter.

Paddy Holohan receive his brown belt tonight. Congrats to Paddy, and also to any of our posters here who were promoted.

12733379_467620583422966_2472726745541004111_n.jpg?oh=539db7754a82146d87697c56ea83549a&oe=57623478

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Wouldn't be shocked to see 3 losses on the bounce for Pettis, where does he go from there? Pettis only clear advantage is his chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wandy banned for three years for evading a test & Tibau drops his appeal and admits EPO use, two year ban for him I'd imagine.

UFC postponing BJ Penn's comeback until the case develops a bit more:

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-statement-on-BJ-penn-021816

Matt Mitrione is moving to Bellator according to Front Row Brian and Jeremy Botter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Good move my Matt, I would imagine that he could pull in a lot of sponsors due to his popularity/podcast.

Also spitting image of Joe Duffy

Two years for Tibau :)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/18/11054324/usada-officially-suspends-gleison-tibau-for-two-years

Said he dropped his appeal because it was tiresome and costly, madness even appealing considering he failed in and out of comp tests both for epo.

Was he tested specifically for epo, or is that all he tested positive for? Wouldn't have been the first ped I'd have guessed, diuretics definitely would be been first guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

ASOT wrote: »

Said he dropped his appeal because it was tiresome and costly, madness even appealing considering he failed in and out of comp tests both for epo.

So is he saying that he's innocent but it would take too long & cost too much to prove it?

Just once it'd be nice to hear someone who gets caught say "yes I took them"

Massive rule changes to be tested tonight, fouls being called if a fighter moves offensively forward with an open hand, all elbows are legal, knees to the liver are legal, more than one body part needs to be touching the matt to be considered a downed opponent e.g two hands instead of the usual finger tips.

Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out, all the changes I would be ok with, always had a Gripe with the 12-6 elbow rule it's stupid.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/19/11057160/proposed-rule-changes-for-eye-pokes-kicks-to-grounded-opponent-to-be

Was he tested specifically for epo, or is that all he tested positive for? Wouldn't have been the first ped I'd have guessed, diuretics definitely would be been first guess.

All he tested positive for. Steroids, etc were clean. EPO is one of the standard drugs they test for now.

Out of curiosity, why diuretics specifically?

• Advertisement

All he tested positive for. Steroids, etc were clean. EPO is one of the standard drugs they test for now.

Out of curiosity, why diuretics specifically?

He's the biggest lightweight I've ever seen by a mile, not sure how he could legally cut to 155. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/How-Gleison-Tibau-weighs-in-at-156-fights-at-180-438934 - says he was in the cage at 186 for one fight.

Diuretics and steroids would've been my guess ahead of epo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ASOT wrote: »
    Massive rule changes to be tested tonight, fouls being called if a fighter moves offensively forward with an open hand, all elbows are legal, knees to the liver are legal, more than one body part needs to be touching the matt to be considered a downed opponent e.g two hands instead of the usual finger tips.

Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out, all the changes I would be ok with, always had a Gripe with the 12-6 elbow rule it's stupid.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/19/11057160/proposed-rule-changes-for-eye-pokes-kicks-to-grounded-opponent-to-be

Jond.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lukker- wrote: »
    Matt Mitrione is moving to Bellator according to Front Row Brian and Jeremy Botter.
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Good move my Matt, I would imagine that he could pull in a lot of sponsors due to his popularity/podcast.

Also spitting image of Joe Duffy

Matt called Front Row Brian out on twitter saying it was bullsh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1. I can't stand that gossip queen FRB.

2. I hope Matt stays in the UFC, he deserves to be fighting in the premiere mma organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »

2. I hope Matt stays in the UFC, he deserves to be fighting in the premiere mma organisation.

He deserves to be paid what he's worth, regardless of which organisation it's with.

FRB is an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He deserves to be paid what he's worth, regardless of which organisation it's with.

Yes completely agree, i just want to see him fighting the best. If he does get a better offer from Belator, then it would be very understandable if he took it especially after the no-shoe shyte. He'd be a bigger loss than Bendo imo.

Love matt myself wouldn't want to see him move, after last night I really don't want to see any half decent fighter in Bellator though, circus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

So Rogan gave it away on his podcast last night Wonderboy is fighting Rory MacDonald,it was good while it last now Rory is going to take his soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gamebred wrote: »
    So Rogan gave it away on his podcast last night Wonderboy is fighting Rory MacDonald,it was good while it last now Rory is going to take his soul.

Dunno about that. Wonderboy has improved massively in the last couple of years and his Striking is borderline exceptional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement