Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The Joe Rogan Experience with Robin Black on it is a brilliant 2hrs and 50 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The Joe Rogan Experience with Robin Black on it is a brilliant 2hrs and 50 minutes.

Thanks for the remidner, looking forward to this, Robin Black is the best of the big MMA analysts IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whelo79 wrote: »

Thanks man, the heroin story is mad! Looking forward to watching the rest of this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He had great bas rutten one recently too

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Apparently Werdum and Miocic is set for 198. Would make sense after the rumour that Belfort and Souza was demoted to co-main.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fabricio-Werdum-vs-Stipe-Miocic-to-Headline-UFC-198-in-Brazil-100661

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Rory v Wonderboy is epic, I just want to see Rory back tbh, one of my favourite fighters. Think Rory wins by mixing it up and not having a massive range disadvantage like Hendricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rory v Wonderboy is epic, I just want to see Rory back tbh, one of my favourite fighters. Think Rory wins by mixing it up and not having a massive range disadvantage like Hendricks.

Have to disagree on Rory, he's really weird, reminds me of a psychopath or something.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Have to disagree on Rory, he's really weird, reminds me of a psychopath or something.

Suits his persona as a fighter! Really he's just a quiet introvert though, he seems like a good guy, just a bit shy and he has killer eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Exactly, that's why he's such a boss.

He's a quiet, weird looking guy who probably sat on his own in class. He's a silent killer, what's not to like? Big fan of his fighting style too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Sound bloke had a few millers with him in the hotel at the fights in Dublin very normal when hes himself talking about birds fighting and drinking nothing weird really.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

XWkgOTc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Gamebred wrote: »
    Sound bloke had a few millers with him in the hotel at the fights in Dublin very normal when hes himself talking about birds fighting and drinking nothing weird really.

I have this weird image of you and rory drinking in a field with 20 bobbas of miller & smoking amber leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Tate Eye, Holm Rousey and McGregor Mendes just added as free fights to UFC Youtube. Expecting a Diaz one added soon then :)

Edit: And there it is. Diaz Gomi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Redser signs with bamma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Whats hapening with Neil Seery and Paddy Holohan lately? Either one of them matched up to fight in the future? Both very quiet lately. I was hoping to see a quick turn around for Seery after Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stacked show on MMA Hour tomorrow

Tomorrow on #themmahour: @HollyHolm @josealdojunior @FrankieEdgar @showtimepettis @PortalIdo @herbdeanMMA @mmacoachwink and ... (cont'd) and Brian Stann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Has ufc confirmed when the weidman v rockhold rematch is to take place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not confirmed, but expected for UFC 199 in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone know if you can purchase event posters anywhere? I meant to pick one up for Silva v Bisping at the weekend but forgot all about it and would like to start collecting them. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can purchase event posters anywhere? I meant to pick one up for Silva v Bisping at the weekend but forgot all about it and would like to start collecting them. Cheers.

Try ebay,not sure the ufc sell them officially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Already posted this is another thread but most people probably missed it
    Following in the footsteps of the memorable "Go Big" press conference (see it here), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has announced the upcoming "Unstoppable" Global Launch event to announces the upcoming slate of intriguing fights.
    The event will kick off on March 4, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada prior to the UFC 196 weigh ins at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    And it's perfect planning, too, as the promotion is clearly taking advantage of the countless eyeballs that will tune in to see Conor McGregor tip the scales for his much-anticipated Lightweight title fight against division champion, Rafael dos Anjos.
    Plus, it doesn't hurt that Holly Holm will also be on hand to weigh in for her women's Bantamweight title bout against Miesha Tate.
    As it stands, here is the list of attendees expected to take part in the upcoming campaign, per a UFC press release:
    Dana White - UFC president
    Junior Dos Santos - No. 5 UFC heavyweight contender
    Ben Rothwell - No. 4 UFC heavyweight contender
    Khabib Nurmagomedov - No. 2 UFC lightweight contender
    Tony Ferguson - No. 4 UFC lightweight contender
    Daniel Cormier - UFC light heavyweight champion
    Jon Jones - No. 1 UFC light heavyweight contender
    Demetrious Johnson - UFC flyweight champion
    Henry Cejudo - No. 3 UFC flyweight contender
    Luke Rockhold - UFC middleweight champion
    Chris Weidman - No. 1 UFC middleweight contender
    A complete list is expected to be revealed in the coming days.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/21/11081942/ufc-unstoppable-campaign-dana-white-announce-upcoming-fights-ufc-196-weigh-in-mma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Noice.

CcQiK0aWoAAjtqZ.jpg:large

What a superb picture. One of the best MMA pictures IMO.

I'd love to get a higher quality copy blown up and put on a canvas or framed, but I've searched everywhere for the last hour (Getty Images etc) with no luck.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like any photographer there on the night got it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Devastator wrote: »

Cejudo was throwing alot of **** at DJ on the MMa hour a few weeks ago, it'll be interesting if he causes a scene at the pc.

Some easy money on that card in jones and might mouse double like finding money on the street.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Cejudo was throwing alot of **** at DJ on the MMa hour a few weeks ago, it'll be interesting if he causes a scene at the pc.

Mighty Mouse will barely have to break sweat to beat him. It's going to be one of the most one sided title fights ever IMO.

It says it all about the state that division is in when he actually is the most deserving challenger at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mighty Mouse will barely have to break sweat to beat him. It's going to be one of the most one sided title fights ever IMO.

It says it all about the state that division is in when he actually is the most deserving challenger at the moment.

It'll be gas hearing Rogan trying to build this one up. At least with Holm he had her boxing background to talk about (even though he never actually believed she'd win) but there isn't one single argument to make in favour of Cejudo.

Don't think it's going to be 50-42 or anything drastic like that, but Mighty Mouse will comfortably win every round, if he's not going for the finish.

And then who's next? Scoggins? Makovsky? Joke of a division if you ask me, but it's not Johnson's fault he's so damn great, he'd give Cruz a very good fight at BW now, he's improved so much since he lost to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

CatFromHue wrote: »

If fans can ask questions mine will be "Here Henry, I seen DJ outside and he said you're a mouthy t**t. Thoughts?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

This crowd have'em....got some crackers off them a while back & framed'em like Aldo/Mendes II & the DC Comics 181 poster

https://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/items_975__ufccoll.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement