Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The absolute scenes when this goes tits up for WME and Lorenzo comes back to buy it back for a few hundred million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Ah of course. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Have had a few beers so my critical thinking is slack tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So in this case - if the UFC does well in next 2 years and hits certain numbers profit wise, they owe the Fertitta brothers another $250 million.
    That's not correct.
    The bonuses are going to the new management, not to the Fertittas. According to the article at least. Which could easily be wrong.
    Ok, let's say the target is $195 million net profit for 2017 and $265 million for 2018.

If they make $400 million in 2017 and $635 million in 2018, then they'll gladly hand over $250 million to the Fertittas.
    The actual targets are 275m and 350m (increased from 170m currently). If WME were set to lose 250m by going over that, they'd just load management fees to stay under it and keep their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Who is going to give the new owners that 250m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lucas Hood wrote: »

The new owners will pay the new management team.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The acquisition was financed by Goldman Sachs. The owners took a loan of about $1.4b to make up the money. The buy out was leveraged against the earning if the company. The investors are a group bigger than the direct management.

So I believe it's either;

A) if the management achieve target they get a performance bonus from the owners/investors for reducing leverage, or

B)the article is wrong and the management aren't making the bonus. Instead new owners are paying it to previous owners.

Polaris prelims starting free on youtube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vSnD0vtxE

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

1zev408.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    1zev408.png

Was posted a while back that there dating; shes a **** and hes a wanker so there a very fitting couple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mellor wrote: »
    The acquisition was financed by Goldman Sachs. The owners took a loan of about $1.4b to make up the money. The buy out was leveraged against the earning if the company. The investors are a group bigger than the direct management.

So I believe it's either;

A) if the management achieve target they get a performance bonus from the owners/investors for reducing leverage, or

B)the article is wrong and the management aren't making the bonus. Instead new owners are paying it to previous owners.

I'm finding it hard to believe it's A)

An earn-out is generally paid to the former owners not new management. I'd have a hard time believing that Goldman Sachs are going to hand over $250 million to WME/IMG if they do well in the first 2 years. It would seem nonsensical given they are a partnership in this venture.

Dream Big and Fight

New blog post for anyone that wants a read:

https://boltossmma.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/dream-big-and-fight/

Examining what Tim Henman, Urijah Faber, Jean van de Velde and Peter Queally have in common via detours through Scotland, Egypt, London, Drogheda and the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A 5-round exercise in skill, athleticism, determination and violence is a thing of beauty in MMA and trumps even the most dynamic KO’s you can think of (though Anthony Pettis showtime kick off the fence begs to differ).

Another good read Wonderfulllife, really enjoyed.

Am I reading this wrong or does this insinuate Pettis wonder kick knocked Henderson out? Fight ended in a decision I believe.

Another good read Wonderfulllife, really enjoyed.

Am I reading this wrong or does this insinuate Pettis wonder kick knocked Henderson out? Fight ended in a decision I believe.

It was just a bad analogy. I know it was a decision result (you're right) i just meant if someone landed that type of kick to secure a win, that type of highlight reel could be even more memorable than a 5-round war with Lawler v Condit.

I'll have to re-word that sentence when i get a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Tim Kennedy and Cowboy Cerrone just made an appearance at Donald Trump's Rally in New Mexico--doing the Pledge of Allegiance:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Amazingfun wrote:
    Tim Kennedy and Cowboy Cerrone just made an appearance at Donald Trump's Rally in New Mexico--doing the Pledge of Allegiance:

WTF
    I've lost what little respect I had for Kennedy but cowboy too
    That's really seen him fall in my esteem (not that he'll give a fudge) I thought better of him

brinty wrote: »
    WTF
    That's really seen him fall in my esteem (not that he'll give a fudge) I thought better of him

I'm not surprised.

Remember, Cerrone called Cormier "a fag" earlier this year. Tim Kennedy basically told veterans with PTSD to get a grip.

Both men fit in well with Trumps basket of deplorables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I'm not surprised.

Remember, Cerrone called Cormier "a fag" earlier this year. Tim Kennedy basically told veterans with PTSD to get a grip.

Both men fit in well with Trumps basket of deplorables.

Not forgetting his admission of killing women and children,but in fairness to Cowboy and it is tiring listening to his constant bitterness towards Conor but to be fair to him he just isn't that sharp and i would imagine a lot of this politics goes right over his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Amazingfun wrote: »

In the US people seem to manage to interchange military accreditation for intelligence.

Mr. Kennedy clearly proves that this is a fallacy a best and wanton idiocy at worst.

Tim's credentials in regards to his special ops works don't make him more intelligent or even more aware of geopolitical nonsense. It just makes him more of a lamp post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I remember Kennedy on either MMA Hour or Rogan last year going of on one about how pissed he was Reebok made Weidman a pair of star spangled shoes. He saw this as trampling on the flag. He's a twat. Evans's career is winding down but would love to see him smash Kennedy at 205.

I'm finding it hard to believe it's A)

An earn-out is generally paid to the former owners not new management. I'd have a hard time believing that Goldman Sachs are going to hand over $250 million to WME/IMG if they do well in the first 2 years. It would seem nonsensical given they are a partnership in this venture.
    It's not a case of Sachs handing over 250m for nothing. It's more that they'll hold on to it to it if they fail to reach their goals.

I haven't seen the documents so I'm not in a position to say the articles were wrong (as in option b). But in that case, the money still comes from Sachs. And there's no real incentive for WME to hit the targets. It would be more profitable for them to hit 270m and 340m in the coming years than to just go over and lose 250m

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well after almost a month off, it's finally a fight week again. Not a bad run of events to take us to the New Year (though there are a few stinkers in there):

55205f0656cce07e317d59a9e4f1b35a.png

dos Anjos v Ferguson
    Alvarez v McGregor
    Woodley v Thompson
    Jędrzejczyk v Kowalkiewicz
    Weidman v Romero
    Mousasi v Hall 2
    Rockhold v Jacare 2
    Whittaker v Brunson
    Mighty Mouse v TUF Winner
    Benavidez v Cejudo
    Cormier v Rumble 2
    Holloway v Pettis
    Northcutt v Gall (don't care, I'm excited for it :p)
    Nunes v Rousey
    Cruz v Garbrandt
    Werdum v Velasquez

The Albany card is a disgrace for the simple reason it's a double punishment for those New Yorkers who were priced out of UFC 205.

It's a double whammy.

The current 205 tickets left on official sale, the lowest is $1,006 in the bleachers and the highest is $20,006 in the Zuffa Platinum seats 4 rows back.

Ordinary New Yorkers were priced out. Which is sad but understandable. But they've added insult to injury with that Albany show. They should just pull the card.

Paully D wrote: »
    Well after almost a month off, it's finally a fight week again. Not a bad run of events to take us to the New Year (though there are a few stinkers in there):

55205f0656cce07e317d59a9e4f1b35a.png

dos Anjos v Ferguson
    Alvarez v McGregor
    Woodley v Thompson
    Jędrzejczyk v Kowalkiewicz
    Weidman v Romero
    Mousasi v Hall 2
    Rockhold v Jacare 2
    Whittaker v Brunson
    Mighty Mouse v TUF Winner
    Benavidez v Cejudo
    Cormier v Rumble 2
    Holloway v Pettis
    Northcutt v Gall (don't care, I'm excited for it :p)
    Nunes v Rousey
    Cruz v Garbrandt
    Werdum v Velasquez
    Does many people actually care about Rondas return? Does nothing for me, disgusting human being and her auora is gone. Looking forward to seeing Meisha fight in two weeks though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

brinty wrote: »
    WTF

:rolleyes: oh no, two MMA fighters dared to support a candidate I don't like, let's insult them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

So would you have respect for them if they voted clinton?

Would the reaction be the same if they supported Hilary? The criminal who should be in prison? The Irony of people slating them for choosing a candidate in a democratic election pmsl.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Would the reaction be the same if they supported Hilary? The criminal who should be in prison? The Irony of people slating them for choosing a candidate in a democratic election pmsl.

Should be in prison for what exactly?

Let's remember one thing in this whole "email" mess. She was investigated and cleared by the FBI and might be again. If she is, it means she's not a "criminal".

You can't say "the criminal who should be in prison" based on conjecture. Otherwise we could say the same thing about Trump - 12 different women have already come out alleging sexual assault against Trump. If this was in the UK, it would immediately result in him being brought in for questioning under caution at best. At worst he'd be arrested.

Again, he might be cleared by police if it gets that far and we can't say "he's a criminal".

MMA is the one of the least diverse sports out there in terms of fan base. The overwhelming majority of the fanbase are white males in the 18-45 age ranges. Go to any UFC event Stateside and you'd do well to find more than 10% of the audience who are not white.

Cowboy has already shown himself to be homophobic with his insults - calling people "a fag". Trump shows zero respect to women or the LGBT community.

I'd have far less problem with fighters aligning themselves with a woman whose main offence is sending her emails off a private server than a man who treats women like objects and slags off minority communities.

Meh. With the best will in the world neither of them should be candidates.

• Advertisement

Should be in prison for what exactly?

Let's remember one thing in this whole "email" mess. She was investigated and cleared by the FBI and might be again. If she is, it means she's not a "criminal".

You can't say "the criminal who should be in prison" based on conjecture. Otherwise we could say the same thing about Trump - 12 different women have already come out alleging sexual assault against Trump. If this was in the UK, it would immediately result in him being brought in for questioning under caution at best. At worst he'd be arrested.

Again, he might be cleared by police if it gets that far and we can't say "he's a criminal".

MMA is the one of the least diverse sports out there in terms of fan base. The overwhelming majority of the fanbase are white males in the 18-45 age ranges. Go to any UFC event Stateside and you'd do well to find more than 10% of the audience who are not white.

Cowboy has already shown himself to be homophobic with his insults - calling people "a fag". Trump shows zero respect to women or the LGBT community.

I'd have far less problem with fighters aligning themselves with a woman whose main offence is sending her emails off a private server than a man who treats women like objects and slags off minority communities.

Meh. With the best will in the world neither of them should be candidates.

Pair of them shouldn't be allowed near the white house but I dont like people being criticized for supporting a candidate,hes not a war criminal or anything like that,sure he has some crazy views,he's not under FBI investigation in fairness to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement