Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

As i said, the fact Cowboy called DC "a fag" and some of Tim Kennedys comments, they just look like 3 dirtbags together!!

If it was Mighty Mouse pictured with Trump nobody would say much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

As i said, the fact Cowboy called DC "a fag" and some of Tim Kennedys comments, they just look like 3 dirtbags together!!

If it was Mighty Mouse pictured with Trump nobody would say much.

hilarious how cowboy calls someone a fag once and hes instantly the biggest homophobe on two legs! can anyone here over 20 honestly say theyve never called someone a fag as an insult or in jest? This overly pc bs needs to stop bigtime! re the email thing, so because the fbi corruptly let her off shes automatically innocent? you do realise the fbi were indited by congress for that decision? also how many commentators/intelligence professionals have come out and said that if they were caught doing same they'd be in the dock for treason? Hillary is the most openly corrupt candidate in the history of politics anywhere and to see fighters pilloried for the ''egregious'' action of supporting a different candidate is laughable

Depp wrote: »
    hilarious how cowboy calls someone a fag once and hes instantly the biggest homophobe on two legs! can anyone here over 20 honestly say theyve never called someone a fag as an insult or in jest? This overly pc bs needs to stop bigtime! re the email thing, so because the fbi corruptly let her off shes automatically innocent? you do realise the fbi were indited by congress for that decision? also how many commentators/intelligence professionals have come out and said that if they were caught doing same they'd be in the dock for treason? Hillary is the most openly corrupt candidate in the history of politics anywhere and to see fighters pilloried for the ''egregious'' action of supporting a different candidate is laughable

Bisping also used that slur for which he apologised. I don't think it's overly PC though. It's 2016 you shouldn't plead ignorance to using homophobic insults.

As for the rest, how in the name of God they ended up with these 2 as candidates out of a population of a few hundred million sums up the state of politics Stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hillary is the most openly corrupt candidate in the history of politics anywhere

Sorry to go off topic (well, even more off topic) but LOL at this in particular.

Wonderfullife has every right to comment on whether he's disgusted by fighters showing support for Trump or not. You've every right to contest those comments. Get over it.

If they'd appeared at a Hillary really it wouldn't change the fact that both Kennedy and Cerrone are absolute morons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If they'd appeared at a Hillary really it wouldn't change the fact that both Kennedy and Cerrone are absolute morons.

True,but not for the reason of supporting Trump to beat Hilary.

• Advertisement

Bisping also used that slur for which he apologised. I don't think it's overly PC though. It's 2016 you shouldn't plead ignorance to using homophobic insults.

As for the rest, how in the name of God they ended up with these 2 as candidates out of a population of a few hundred million sums up the state of politics Stateside.

fair enough but context is also important, do you think either of them meant it literally as ''you are a homosexual''? its just a word at the end of the day and its ingrained into a lot of peoples vocabulary like it or not. this doesnt instantly brand someone as a homophobe.

the whole thing is ridiculous to be fair! id say the republicans are kicking themselves they didnt put someone like pence forward!
    Sorry to go off topic (well, even more off topic) but LOL at this in particular.

Wonderfullife has every right to comment on whether he's disgusted by fighters showing support for Trump or not. You've every right to contest those comments. Get over it.

Ill give it to you there have probably been more corrupt politicians but when has there been one with so much of their dirty laundry been out in the open for all to see?

theyre pro-fighters, not law professors

anyway lets be honest lads, this thread is rarely on topic :D

Gamebred wrote: »
    True,but not for the reason of supporting Trump to beat Hilary.

The problem there is that neither of them (I imagine) would be able to articulate why they're supporting Trump over Hillary.

you do realise the fbi were indited by congress for that decision?

Wtf was this about by the way?

The problem there is that neither of them (I imagine) would be able to articulate why they're supporting Trump over Hillary.

not sure about cowboy but I've seen tim articulate it fairly well to be fair, has a big gripe with corruption and the current establishment doing sweet eff all about isis
    Wtf was this about by the way?

The fbi were indicted by congress about corruption in the investigation and refusal to turn over documents to congress.

fair enough but context is also important, do you think either of them meant it literally as ''you are a homosexual''? its just a word at the end of the day and its ingrained into a lot of peoples vocabulary like it or not. this doesnt instantly brand someone as a homophobe.

Guys like Michael Bisping growing up in Manchester would usually have used words like "fag" as an insult.

When i was in school in the it was 100% common for people to use the slaggings "retard"/"fag*ot" etc.

I don't think Bisping or Cowboy mean much harm by those specific words but again it's 2016 and they are hurtful words to people in the LGBT community and to those affected by disability.

It'd be a sackable offence in most offices nowadays if your boss heard you call a co-worker any of those names.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Guys like Michael Bisping growing up in Manchester would usually have used words like "fag" as an insult.

When i was in school in the it was 100% common for people to use the slaggings "retard"/"fag*ot" etc.

I don't think Bisping or Cowboy mean much harm by those specific words but again it's 2016 and they are hurtful words to people in the LGBT community and to those affected by disability.

It'd be a sackable offence in most offices nowadays if your boss heard you call a co-worker any of those names.

Not sackable in the fight business so I guess they dont got to worry,

No problem with their views on homosexuality if they are genuinely anti gay it wouldnt bother me in the slightest once they dont go out their way to abuse them,saying the word fag once is not an indictment of homophobia.

not sure about cowboy but I've seen tim articulate it fairly well to be fair, has a big gripe with corruption and the current establishment doing sweet eff all about isis

That's all well and could but has he elaborated (or can he) on how he thinks supporting Trump over Hillary (or vice versa) will do anything about that?

The fbi were indicted by congress about corruption in the investigation and refusal to turn over documents to congress.

You sure about that? Want to throw up a few links?

That's all well and could but has he elaborated (or can he) on how he thinks supporting Trump over Hillary (or vice versa) will do anything about that?

he has, believes trumps immigration policy of actual vetting of immigrants will go a long way to stopping radicals from entering.
    You sure about that? Want to throw up a few links?

the hearing with the congress oversight committee they were compelled to attend. if you have the time give it a watch, its eye opening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

And I imagine they could both very easily explain why they support Trump over Hillary Rotten, since there is a very long list of reasons to dislike her/The Clinton Crime Family. Also, there is the added bonus of both being able to kick your ass :)

the hearing with the congress oversight committee they were compelled to attend. if you have the time give it a watch, its eye opening

That's not an indictment.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    And I imagine they could both very easily explain why they support Trump over Hillary Rotten, since there is a very long list of reasons to dislike her/The Clinton Crime Family. Also, there is the added bonus of both being able to kick your ass :)

They could indeed "kick my ass". After all, they're professional martial artists and I'm not.

I'm confused by the Hillary "Rotten" piece. Is this something they call her? I don't get it, is it meant to be wordplay? If so, how?

One thing is guaranteed - If Trump is elected then the Ali Act is 100% not getting implemented. He's opposed to it.

Which, in itself, is a huge reason any MMA fighter shouldn't be championing Trump.

Mind you, not surprising from Cowboy. He signs 574-fight mega contracts on crap terms, giving away all his leverage and promoting the very conditions that fighters should be opposing.

That's not an indictment.

well pardon my wording, its still being compelled to appear before congress to answer charges of misconduct in their investigation is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

They could indeed "kick my ass". After all, they're professional martial artists and I'm not.

I'm confused by the Hillary "Rotten" piece. Is this something they call her? I don't get it, is it meant to be wordplay? If so, how?

But Cowboy and Kennedy are the slow ones? :D

Trump called her that at a Rally a while back, but many who knew of her past were already using the nic long before Trump ran for office.
    A quick google could assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Can we not do Trump vs Clinton?....

• Advertisement

well pardon my wording, its still being compelled to appear before congress to answer charges of misconduct in their investigation is it not?

Which is completely different from an indictment. It's not just wording or semantics, it completely changes the meaning of what you were trying to say which rather suggests you don't have a ****ing clue what you're on about. An indictment is a charge. Can the FBI be charged with anything by Congress?! A subpoena is a demand to answer questions.

Federal body investigates presidential candidate. Declares no crime committed. In attempt to influence election, partisan Congress opposed to said presidential candidate throws toys out of pram and demands to see unredacted files used during investigation, despite questionable legal right to do so. Am I missing something here? (Apart from the big ****ing white elephant that the federal body has now thown itself back into the mix)

Amazingfun wrote: »
    But Cowboy and Kennedy are the slow ones? :D

Trump called her that at a Rally a while back, but many who knew of her past were already using the nic long before Trump ran for office.
    A quick google could assist you.

Amusing and witty. Well done, crack open the champagne in celebration.

Which is completely different from an indictment. It's not just wording or semantics, it completely changes the meaning of what you were trying to say which rather suggests you don't have a ****ing clue what you're on about. An indictment is a charge. Can the FBI be charged with anything by Congress?! A subpoena is a demand to answer questions.

Federal body investigates presidential candidate. Declares no crime committed. In attempt to influence election, partisan Congress opposed to said presidential candidate throws toys out of pram and demands to see unredacted files used during investigation, despite questionable legal right to do so. Am I missing something here? (Apart from the big ****ing white elephant that the federal body has now thown itself back into the mix)

either way its a very bad look for a presidential candidate, and your right about the white elephant! calls a lot of things into question.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Can we not do Trump vs Clinton?....

I'd like to see Donald v Bill under Pride rules myself.

One thing is guaranteed - If Trump is elected then the Ali Act is 100% not getting implemented. He's opposed to it.

Even if somehow elected, these won't be the kind of things being vetoed. Depending on the makeup of Congress and given that a lot of Republicans remain sceptical of MMA, they wouldn't have too much trouble overriding the veto.

Given the personal friendship between Trump and White, even trying to use the veto could land him in an awful lot of trouble with a Congress that might be after his blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Can someone please give one of the mods a shout? It seems that somehow this thread has ended up in the politics forum

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Can someone please give one of the mods a shout? It seems that somehow this thread has ended up in the politics forum

Nothing stopping you doing it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Absolutely do not think it is right to call Trump and his supporters deplorable, especially when you see the wanton corruption from the democrats and HRC.

Cowboy was on Rogan's podcast and said if he wasn't a fighter then he would be out fighting at bars and robbing your girlfriend. So he obviously is self-aware of what type of person he is.

The UFC loves him because he fights frequently and cheaply. The Diaz brothers used to hate him for that.

Cowboy is a fun fighter to watch but is an idiot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Politics is local, as they say, so the situation in Colorado is a lot different than Dublin.

I believe Obama has been closing mines which would be big employers in Colorado. So Cerrone not be a huge fan of the Democrats isn't that big a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Entering this thread like:

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement