Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I came in....left...came in again...left again...rebooted the laptop and tried it on the phone but it's still broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Donald Cerrone and Tim Kennedy are UFC Fighters. They were pictured with Mr Trump who is a Presidential candidate.

That fully warrants any off-shoot discussions, especially when the candidates have different views that will directly and indirectly affect MMA.

If Cowboy was pictured with the Dalai Lama i presume it would warrant a couple of posts on religion and meditation. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Donald Cerrone and Tim Kennedy are UFC Fighters. They were pictured with Mr Trump who is a Presidential candidate.

That fully warrants any off-shoot discussions, especially when the candidates have different views that will directly and indirectly affect MMA.

If Cowboy was pictured with the Dalai Lama i presume it would warrant a couple of posts on religion and meditation. :P

It'd be fine if we could discuss it w/o people getting triggered and completely derailing the thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

We need an off topic thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

dashoonage wrote:
    We need an off topic thread

One created by ASOT. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Rousey says her fight against Nunes is definitely one of her last fights. I think she is a legend (abit crazy but still she absolutely destroyed her division)

I hope she says **** it and takes the massive payday fight against Cyborg.

Rousey says her fight against Nunes is definitely one of her last fights. I think she is a legend (abit crazy but still she absolutely destroyed her division)

I hope she says **** it and takes the massive payday fight against Cyborg.

I'd worry for her if she fights Cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'd worry for her if she fights Cyborg.

I'd worry even for Cain if he fought Cyborg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/793542699647373312

Here we ****ing go injury bug strikes again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/793542699647373312

Here we ****ing go injury bug strikes again

Could be staph again, he's has a problem with it for a while now. Hopefully it's just something stupid and he'll be back soon enough.

Be interesting now if they stick Jacare Bisping on 206.

As long as 205 stays intact.............................................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Be interesting now if they stick Jacare Bisping on 206.

Nah, think top end of that card won't change unless forced to. Besides, i know bisping was calling out GSP and all but I genuinely can't imagine he'd be in shape for that fight after 204.

Rockhold is the sacrifice that was required for 205 to go ahead undeterred. I hope he pleases the MMAgods.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rockhold is the sacrifice that was required for 205 to go ahead undeterred. I hope he pleases the MMAgods.

And given he's a prick that nobody really likes, it's a sacrifice we'll all make willingly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I know this is a conspiracy theory but i predicted this pull-out 3 weeks ago over a Twitter PM.

I might be talking absolutely nonsense but i predicted it for a couple of reasons.

1. I really think this was a no-win situation for Rockhold. A very tough fight, obviously, and even if he wins he's not likely to get the next title shot. Weidman v Romero is on a much higher profile card and if Weidman wins he's a near-certainty to be top of the queue. If Rockhold loses to Jacare, he arguably goes behind Weidman, Jacare and Mousasi.

2. The Melbourne card is a stinker and the UFC will be keen to cut costs associated with it. They already dropped the Manila card and i wouldn't be surprised to see a manufactured reason for dropping the Melbourne card.

The new owners are hell bent on turning the UFC back into a North American product. Having 95% of their shows in North America will streamline costs.

Outside of Rockhold - Jacare, the highest earner on the card is Derek Brunson who is on $25,000/$25,000.

Getting the Rockhold fight off the card saves the UFC over $650,000 in fighter pay. In fact, Rockhold - Jacare were slated to be paid more than the entire card combined. So the UFC have trimmed their fighter costs by 50%.

It's a Fight Night Card so it won't affect PPV's and ticket sales will be largely unaffected because Whitaker remains on the card.

It's a conspiracy theory but i genuinely said 3 weeks ago that there's no way that fight will go ahead. He may well be "injured" we'll never know for certain.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Screen shot please of the pm.

Some grilling questions from big bad ellen :pac:

She has 1 foot out the door shes gonna be ko'd by Nunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some grilling questions from big bad ellen :pac:

Still tougher questions than she has ever faced (or been allowed to face) from the general UFC media. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Jacare / Bisping makes so much sense for 206 or 207 that it wont happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dillashaw vs Lineker rumoursed for 207

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

xtal191 wrote: »

Hope Linekar weighs in 5 pounds over and then smashes TJ up

Theres few fighters i really dislike but TJ is in that category.

That's turning into a hell of a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Be gas if Dillashaw drops Lineker in the first and then Cody gets a quick KO against Cruz setting up an early 2017 grudge match with Faber and Bang in opposing corners.

I think TJ handles him without too much trouble.

brinty wrote: »

Hope Linekar weighs in 5 pounds over and then smashes TJ up

Theres few fighters i really dislike but TJ is in that category.

I was of the same view until I saw him on the JRE.

Bang especially seems like a good dude, even though he has a bad rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

And given he's a prick that nobody really likes, it's a sacrifice we'll all make willingly!

Wow, thought it was only me that felt that way about Rockhold..
    Do most other people feel the same?

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Wow, thought it was only me that felt that way about Rockhold..
    Do most other people feel the same?

I don't mind him because he's a great fighter and I really like his style, and also he's gorgeous #nohomo

But he has the one of the blandest personalities I've ever witnessed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement