Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Also rumours coming out of Gracie Jiu Jitsu that Nick Diaz is fighting Michael Bisping at UFC 209.

Bisping: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Lukker- wrote: »
    Also rumours coming out of Gracie Jiu Jitsu that Nick Diaz is fighting Michael Bisping at UFC 209.

Bisping: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatever happens, it would be absolutely criminal if the Diaz brothers weren't on 209.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't mind him because he's a great fighter and I really like his style, and also he's gorgeous #nohomo

But he has the one of the blandest personalities I've ever witnessed.

Ah, I just think he comes across as an arrogant arsehole, the press conference after 199 being a prime example.

Unbelievably talented though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

As much as I'm not a fan of how McGregor has abandoned the 145 division to flatter his ego and chase history/revenge/another belt, it pales into insignificance compared to how Michael Bisping is "defending" his belt by offering title shots to barely ranked pensioners and guys who haven't fought for years.

After all his spoof and bluster, Jacare is now available and is a prime candidate for a title shot but instead he'll fight Nick Diaz who hasn't fought since January 15 and is on a 3 fight losing streak*.

(*the Silva loss was changed to a NC but he still lost the fight)

DrPhilG wrote: »

After all his spoof and bluster, Jacare is now available and is a prime candidate for a title shot but instead he'll fight Nick Diaz who hasn't fought since January 15 and is on a 3 fight losing streak*.

(*the Silva loss was changed to a NC but he still lost the fight)

You get why though? He's a champ so he'll get a PPV cut. Why not try to capitalise on a Diaz or GSP PPV cut. He knows he doesn't have much time left. Soon as he loses to Weidman/Jacare or whoever, that's his PPV cut gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Folowing mc gregor anyone with a belt can try do what they like

The ufc should stop it, they didnt let woodley but they wont. They'll work out how many ppv's jacare sells and how many diaz sells.

Id say thats simple enough maths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

brinty wrote: »
    And given he's a prick that nobody really likes, it's a sacrifice we'll all make willingly!

Wow, thought it was only me that felt that way about Rockhold..
    Do most other people feel the same?

It's mostly just the insecure fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Just thinking...if Ferguson gets past RDA and Conor gets past Eddie, i wouldn't be surprised to see them manufacture that fight next. (I also personally believe Michael Johnson is going to wreck Khabib, so i'm omitting him for a second).

Ferguson is a tough fight but he's a banger and will stand with Conor. They are both managed by Audie Attar, which should theoretically help Fergusons cause too....it'd be a win-win for Paradigm to get 1 of their lesser guys a fight with Conor.

Obviously Nate Diaz is in pole position waiting in the wings and Khabib is currently top of the queue, but i could def see McGregor v Ferguson going down summer 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Conor vs one brother and bisping vs the other brother at 209 for Europe vs the 209 card.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Conor vs one brother and bisping vs the other brother at 209 for Europe vs the 209 card.

Good shout but i don't think Bisping wants to hang around until 209 for a fight. Could be wrong.

In a dream scenario, a complete SBG v Diaz card at 209 would be unreal. Obviously not realistic but for the sake of it let's say a main card:

Conor v Nate
    Gunni v Nick
    Queally v Melendez
    Artem v Avila II
    Ward v Medeiros
    Sinead Kavanagh v Leslie Smith

It'd be a bit of craic. I could see SBG taking it 4-2 on a good night. Nick won't fancy Gunni laying on top of him can be sure of that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You've branched into fantasy writing I see wonderfullife Ha Queally would get stiffed by El Nino sharpish,Avila is probably the worst fighter in the whole promotion hes fighting on mexico card I think,

I think Gunni and Nick would be a good fight but will never happen,its a shame to see the way Diaz's career has gone only got himself to blame really he could've made his own fortune by now.

Diaz Bro's wont fight on the same card so any 209 fantasy co main events can be forgotten unfortunately,Nate wont fight anyone but Conor now,

Off topic I thought I heard Michael Johnson was dropped twice in training this week seen a clickbait headline somewhere,Khabib is gonna rag doll the poor lad.

Gamebred wrote: »

Off topic I thought I heard Michael Johnson was dropped twice in training this week seen a clickbait headline somewhere,Khabib is gonna rag doll the poor lad.

Was it reported by Dizz :pac:

Nah man, Johnson is a wrecking ball when his confidence is high and Khabib is coming off an uninspiring win against a tomato can.

It's a Round 1 KO for Johnson mark my words.

**** video but its funny at the end getting into arguments with his team mate while sparring ffs.

Gamebred wrote: »

**** video but its funny at the end getting into arguments with his team mate while sparring ffs.

ah here. they were both leg kicks. Even the 2nd one you can see through the cage the kick thrown.

He wasn't dropped. He was kicked off balance twice and got the hump.

I'd imagine John Kavanagh would be fuming if Artem kicked Conor that hard twice in sparring.

Incidentally he should be giving a swift kick to whoever leaked that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Anthony JohnsonVerified account
    @Anthony_Rumble
    PSA for Everybody coming soon...

hmmm...

Panic over Johnson confirms that fight is not cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Panic over Johnson confirms that fight is not cancelled

Good job the thread here was in meltdown.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Good job the thread here was in meltdown.

Said I would quell the rising tension!

So conveniently, Bisping is now injured............

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/champ-michael-bisping-rules-out-ufc-206-due-to-orbital-injury-responds-to-jacare-title-shot-request

Looks like Jacare will have to wait!

• Advertisement

So conveniently, Bisping is now injured............

Looks like Jacare will have to wait!

A fractured orbital bone doesn't seem convenient !

It wasnt an issue when he wanted to fight Diaz and GSP on 206 now suddenly it is.

A fractured orbital bone doesn't seem convenient !

He was calling out Diaz two days ago..............

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe he only found out in the last 2 days.
    He was dropped by Hendo after all.
    And shouldn't be taking any risks with that area given his medical history.

Mellor wrote: »
    Maybe he only found out in the last 2 days.
    He was dropped by Hendo after all.
    And shouldn't be taking any risks with that area given his medical history.

Do you honestly believe that though? He was all for fighting in Toronto and now a viable contender, who's not Box Office becomes available and he wants none of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Do you honestly believe that though? He was all for fighting in Toronto and now a viable contender, who's not Box Office becomes available and he wants none of it?
    Do I believe that Hendo could have broken his orbital bone, I suppose so. I've no idea when he might have found out.

And, He said he was all for fighting. But there was no fight booked, try weren't trying to book it afaik, and Diaz can't even be licensed yet.
    He wouldn't be the first fighter taking shite to the media, for no reason. The Jacare spot opening up just caught him with his pants down.

I think that's more likely than that he just made it up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He said himself that the huge payday would make up for it. He reckoned he'd get 3+ Million for fighting GSP, Probably less for Diaz but nobody would care for him v Jacare.

I know GSP and Diaz weren't worthy of title shots and those fights would have been non title I would have hoped but Jacare campaigning for a title shot riding a one fight win streak against Vitor is silly too.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He said himself that the huge payday would make up for it. He reckoned he'd get 3+ Million for fighting GSP, Probably less for Diaz but nobody would care for him v Jacare.

I know GSP and Diaz weren't worthy of title shots and those fights would have been non title I would have hoped but Jacare campaigning for a title shot riding a one fight win streak against Vitor is silly too.

To be honest I thought he wasn't far off a title shot before losing to a "juiced up" Romero. A fight which he arguably won. So the one fight win streak is misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I think Bisping actually said in interviews he wouldn't fight a contender without a full camp but he would take a reduced camp for a big money fight. So if he has to fight a contender he will let himself heal any injuries and fight with a full camp next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

To be honest I thought he wasn't far off a title shot before losing to a "juiced up" Romero. A fight which he arguably won. So the one fight win streak is misleading.

No its not. Romero was proved to have had a tainted supplement, no matter how many people say he was juicing. As for the decision, he still lost the fight. His list of wins in the UFC isn't the most impressive either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement