Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Gamebred wrote: »
    Gian Villante is the biggest typical american jock moron had to turn off the mma hour there after 5 minutes of listening to him absolute headwrecker.

Thanks for the heads up ill skip past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thought Villante was absolutely brilliant last night actually, love the banter between him, Aljo and Al. Highlight was him taking the piss out of Sterling's size over and over. They're like a typical group of mates, ripping the absolute shîte out of each other. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

martyos121 wrote: »
    Thought Villante was absolutely brilliant last night actually, love the banter between him, Aljo and Al. Highlight was him taking the piss out of Sterling's size over and over. They're like a typical group of mates, ripping the absolute shîte out of each other. :D

Have to agree, I thought that segment would be all moaning about not being on 205 but it was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gian Villante is the biggest typical american jock moron had to turn off the mma hour there after 5 minutes of listening to him absolute headwrecker.

Disagree compleatly, hes a legend. In all seriousness I think hes hilarious; the build up to weidman rockhold embedded were class with him in it, Id love to go for a pint with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lad's he's like the jocks from the american movies I heard him on about giving someone a wedgie ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lad's he's like the jocks from the american movies I heard him on about giving someone a wedgie ffs.

good thing they put a little x in the top corner of your browser so youre not forced to endure him so!

Depp wrote: »
    good thing they put a little x in the top corner of your browser so youre not forced to endure him so!

Great point well made

anigif_enhanced-9754-1409344312-11.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Isnt Nevada going to impose a punishment on him too? seen it somewhere that hes gotta answer to them now.
    It was an out if competition test, so Nevada really shouldn't be involved. But they'll no doubt try to get their payday if it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »
    Disagree compleatly, hes a legend. In all seriousness I think hes hilarious; the build up to weidman rockhold embedded were class with him in it, Id love to go for a pint with him.

Yeah I thought he made the interview personally, His reaction to the videos for the competition were class too.

Apparently what Aljo was talking to in regards to Cowboy was him calling him the N word. Used to be a fan of Cowboy but gone off him as a person in the last year or so. Seems to be a tool. Great fighter to watch, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    It was an out if competition test, so Nevada really shouldn't be involved. But they'll no doubt try to get their payday if it's going.

He is up for Nevada. The UFC and Jones's team wanted the USADA punishment first so the NSAC could see what a suitable punishment was. They'll probably ban him for 5 years the tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm aware, and given they are a law unto themselves, they can ban who ever they like.
    But my point was that OOC testing should be nothing to do with them. That's not the case, but it should be imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

UFC London announced for the 18th of March just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bisping we reckon?

Flights cheap enough at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Overnight or standard time I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Overnight or standard time I wonder.

****idey **** **** ****...never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,773 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

UFC London announced for the 18th of March just there.

Ideal. Please let it be a normal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Normal time pls, Manchester was fine for a one off, don't fancy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wouldn't do a late night one again after Manchester.

Its also the same date as Ireland England in the rugby.

I think its a fight night not a ppv so should be normal times,probably be someone like Manuwa headling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah just seen its a FN, so local time. Couldn't count out a very good headliner though like Bisp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

A Cheltenham festival UFC combo perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

califano wrote: »
    A Cheltenham festival UFC combo perhaps.

I like the way you think could be an expensive weekend

but1er wrote: »
    I like the way you think could be an expensive weekend

Week you mean :pac: over to cheltenham tuesday,head to london friday night home sunday, sounds like a top weeks holiday to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Would anybody have any idea where to watch the Mcgregor fight in Amsterdam? Tried emailing the hotel but no response

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Junior D wrote: »
    Would anybody have any idea where to watch the Mcgregor fight in Amsterdam? Tried emailing the hotel but no response

https://www.facebook.com/Satellitesportscafe-amsterdam-109883482400630/

It's a ticketed event, €15 but you get 2 free pints.

That's probably your best and only bet, bars in Amsterdam close by 3 AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Karolina is dead meat, Claudia was Joanna's last tough fight, this is a walk in the park for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

cloudatlas wrote:
    Karolina is dead meat, Claudia was Joanna's last tough fight, this is a walk in the park for her.

We keep hearing how Karolina hasn't a chance in every fight yet she's come out on top each time.
    I think she's a great chance,JJ was awful v Claudia and maybe under estimated her. If she does that to KK she could end up on the wrong side of a defeat

brinty wrote: »
    We keep hearing how Karolina hasn't a chance in every fight yet she's come out on top each time.
    I think she's a great chance,JJ was awful v Claudia and maybe under estimated her. If she does that to KK she could end up on the wrong side of a defeat

I don't think she was awful. She was dropped early and recovered well. She absolutely tuned up Claudia from the second round on. Claudia is the next best in the division without a doubt IMO.

It's going to be Muay Thai fight primarily and JJ's output is just going to be too much for Karolina, unless Karolina can catch her clean and drop her and get the finish it will go the finish, with Karolina looking much worse for wear.

Some more details on Jon Jones USADA case:

His team-mate who ordered the boner-pills provided an invoice for his order, guess what else was on the order? Clomiphene, the exact same thing he popped for. USADA picked apart his account and said everything was clearly orchestrated by his manager Malki.

Article on BloodyElbow gives a good account, and why he got 1 year instead of 6 months is fairly obvious, it's clear to me that USADA don't really accept the excuse but he managed to find a way out.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/9/13577682/ufc-news-teammate-who-gave-jon-jones-dick-pills-also-bought-clomiphene-usada-ped-ban

• Advertisement

Also Rashad Evans vs Tim Kennedy has been moved to UFC 206 in Toronto. The card badly needed it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement