Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lukker- wrote: »
    Also Rashad Evans vs Tim Kennedy has been moved to UFC 206 in Toronto. The card badly needed it!

hope its rescheduled to then/there because his issue will be resolved and not just because the nysac have stricter rules is my only concern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What was Rashid's medical issue?

The only thing I could think of is he decided the weightcut wasn't going to work, but he was 195 the other day and ripped so that can't be it, or, outside it's just an infection or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The only thing I could think of is he decided the weightcut wasn't going to work, but he was 195 the other day and ripped so that can't be it, or, outside it's just an infection or something?

id be worried by the talk of an mri showing it up, but its all speculation untill more info is released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Basically he told Luke Thomas that there was no issue that would prevent him fighting in any other state. He's fit, healthy and ready to fight.

The issue is the New York State Athletic Commission are being very cautious after the death of the boxer. That's why the UFC had to take out the high insurance premiums on every fighter for this event.

He didn't specify what it was but it was implied it was more of an insurance related issue. He would be cleared to fight in any other state this weekend except NY due to the insurance issue.

That's what i took from what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Khabib and Ariel Helwani have a heated discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Lukker- wrote: »
    Also Rashad Evans vs Tim Kennedy has been moved to UFC 206 in Toronto. The card badly needed it!

Glad for both lads. Getting paid twice for one fight also a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »

Jones vs the winner of Cormier/Rumble will be headlining for sure. When is the last time Dana actually told the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Paully D wrote: »
    Jones vs the winner of Cormier/Rumble will be headlining for sure. When is the last time Dana actually told the truth?

Jones slated to be back for international fight week next year so I could easily see it being a co-main on that card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

IMMAF's on telly now for anyone interested. Should be irish in action. BT Sport 2 for anyone who has it.

• Advertisement

Today training in Renzo's were the following :

Wonder Boy
    Weidman
    Werdum
    Khabib
    Alvarez
    Renzo
    Danaher
    Ricardo Almeida
    Ray Longo
    Mark Henry

What a room of killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Were you on the mats?

Mellor wrote: »
    Where you on the mats?

I wish. I'm stuck in the Irish midlands.

Danaher posted it on the bookface.

Throw in Tonon and he takes all their acl's.

Throw in Tonon and he takes all their acl's.

He was insane last weekend.

In an MMA fight every one of them ****s him up though (besides the old men coaches, maybe).

Werdum would probably be able to take him in a bjj match as well...

I wonder will him or Gordon go into mma, Gordon said he's planning on it so is Danis but I'll believe it when I see it,

The guys at EBI are sick they are so far past ''normal'' submissions its scary they dont even want to triangle,armbar,kimura each other its sick leg locks and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Werdum would probably be able to take him in a bjj match as well...

A week ago I would have agreed with you. But after seeing Tonon beat Vinny I'm not sure.
    Under EBI rules Ton on wins I think.
    Werdum wins in traditional rule sets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cerrone v Brown at 206. Nice fight.

I think Brown is passed his best 1 win against means in his last 5 (tough) fights, Would've liked this 2 years ago or so.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMrmVgthzZm/

Ha Wouldnt be surprised if they fought Cowboy would fight his granny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

They can't though? I presume? Even if they wanted to

They can't though? I presume? Even if they wanted to

Yeah massive weight difference, I'll miss cowboy on the card couldnt care about Kennedy.

Gamebred wrote:
    Yeah massive weight difference, I'll miss cowboy on the card couldnt care about Kennedy.

I was really looking forward to the cowboy fight. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's not suggesting they fight, it's more of a nod to the fact that they are both fighting on 206, and will probably do another camp together.

I'll miss them both. Was looking forward to seeing what Kennedy was like after a long break, his fights are entertaining when he doesn't lay'n'pray and he's a bit of a savage.

Karma for all the ****e he was on about killing women and children on duty for Murica,Cowboy can be a moron aswell but you gotta feel for him being robbed of an opportunity of a fight in MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Karma for all the ****e he was on about killing women and children on duty for Murica,Cowboy can be a moron aswell but you gotta feel for him being robbed of an opportunity of a fight in MSG.

Killing women and children is what gives him the testosterone required to maintain that physique I think I he said in a video before

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

After Cerrone's comments to Cormier after UFC200 it would be very funny to see him walk out in that leather jacket the UFC want the guys to walk out in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Winner of Yoel & Weidman will fight Bisping. Confirmed by Dana on Fox.

Winner of Yoel & Weidman will fight Bisping. Confirmed by Dana on Fox.

In fairness I think that was part of Weidmans contract for 205. Guaranteed shot.

• Advertisement

Dont believe a word Dana says personally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement