Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Paully D wrote: »
    Mighty Mouse will barely have to break sweat to beat him. It's going to be one of the most one sided title fights ever IMO.

It says it all about the state that division is in when he actually is the most deserving challenger at the moment.

Actually now that I think back to that interview I think there was someone there beside Cejudo egging him on but you couldn't fully hear what he was saying to Cejudo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stacked show on MMA Hour tomorrow

Tomorrow on #themmahour: @HollyHolm @josealdojunior @FrankieEdgar @showtimepettis @PortalIdo @herbdeanMMA @mmacoachwink and ... (cont'd) and Brian Stann

Brian Stann bit was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

martyos121 wrote: »
    It'll be gas hearing Rogan trying to build this one up. At least with Holm he had her boxing background to talk about (even though he never actually believed she'd win) but there isn't one single argument to make in favour of Cejudo.
    His wrestling background?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dtp1979 wrote: »

That true but I think I remember he couldnt take Camus down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Can't beat a complete fighter like Mighty Mouse with just wrestling though, if he had an advantage in striking or BJJ alone then I'd certainly give him a chance, but Johnson isn't the type of fighter you can lay on for five rounds, and there's absolutely no guarantee you'd get anywhere close to taking him down. Like Gamebred said, he struggled to take even Chico Camus down, who's TDD is only just above average, nothing special for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't beat a complete fighter like Mighty Mouse with just wrestling though, if he had an advantage in striking or BJJ alone then I'd certainly give him a chance, but Johnson isn't the type of fighter you can lay on for five rounds, and there's absolutely no guarantee you'd get anywhere close to taking him down. Like Gamebred said, he struggled to take even Chico Camus down, who's TDD is only just above average, nothing special for sure.

Oh I know that, I'm not giving him a chance in the world of beating MM. you said joe rogan would have nothin to hype about cejudo. I'm saying he's gonna hype his wrestling and Olympic gold medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gunnar Nelson vs Albert Tumenov at UFC Rotterdam

Cmon Gunni!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gunnar Nelson vs Albert Tumenov at UFC Rotterdam

Cmon Gunni!!!!!!

Should be a great fight Tumenov is a beast, it'll be no walk in the park for gunni anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Very tough fight for Gunni, Tumenov's standup is top class. Gunni needs to get this to the mat. The good thing is he won't be undersized, Tumenov should also be a lightweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wanderlei Silva signs with Bellator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yoel Romeros manager said he had contmanited supplements and is confident he'll get off.

I wish someone would put designer steroids in my supplements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wanderlei Silva signs with Bellator.
    Doesn't he still have a fair lump of a suspension to serve?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Doesn't he still have a fair lump of a suspension to serve?

Won't be back ubtil may 2017 as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He can fight outside US I think probably off to Japan for a co promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I think this is a fairly good summary of the recent insults traded between these 2, ahead of their staredown on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cant wait for Jones to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

First fight I was up for Cormier, was a big fan of his. Thought he seemed very genuine and cool. Since then he's driving me insane, comes across so cheesy and he's generally very annoying. I'm now embracing Jones as the villain and will probably support him in the rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yoel Romeros manager said he had contmanited supplements and is confident he'll get off.

I wish someone would put designer steroids in my supplements.

I highly doubt the supplements he produces would be admissible. It's not as if it's impossible for the exact compound they found in his system, to get into one of his supplements, after he was caught.

Mellor wrote: »
    I highly doubt the supplements he produces would be admissible. It's not as if it's impossible for the exact compound they found in his system, to get into one of his supplements, after he was caught.

True, but the supplement would most likely have a batch number. If they could get their hands on another batch and test that.

Lukker- wrote: »
    True, but the supplement would most likely have a batch number. If they could get their hands on another batch and test that.

Exactly, they need to find the same batch somewhere else. The ones Romero's manager produces in court will be laughed at.

I'd imagine the the supplement company will bend over backward to help if they are clean, and do the minimum to help if the batch is tainted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wouldn't mind purchasing this fight poster. :pac:

12512280_863486323761580_5830198148032115511_n.jpg?oh=a088575010f78b2e534b1eb0443978ec&oe=57618DCF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

dave1982 wrote: »
    He can fight outside US I think probably off to Japan for a co promotion

If he does this the US athletic commissions will consider that a violation and likely never grant him a license again in the US.

He would have to end his days in Japan(or anywhere outside the US).

Ush1 wrote: »
    If he does this the US athletic commissions will consider that a violation and likely never grant him a license again in the US.

He would have to end his days in Japan(or anywhere outside the US).
    They might not license him again either way. He'll be 41 by the time he is eligible to apply, if he has no intention of fighting into his 40s. He might just say screw it and take the payday for a NYE fight with Fedor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Saw the exact same article in the Guardian

198 is official, Werdum v Stipe, Belfort v Jacare Co main

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    198 is official, Werdum v Stipe, Belfort v Jacare Co main

Man, I hope Stipe puts a fist shaped hole through Werdums face. I also hope Jacare takes Belforts arm/neck/leg home with him.

Man, I hope Stipe puts a fist shaped hole through Werdums face. I also hope Jacare takes Belforts arm/neck/leg home with him.

Agreed.

Jacare should have got the title shot after Yoel got popped he didn't even lose that fight anyways.

I can't stand Werdum and I don't know why.

D.Q wrote: »
    Saw the exact same article in the Guardian

Yup it's a Guardian article, Irish Times just bought the rights to publish it in Ireland.

Really good article though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Ido Portal eat your heart out...synchronized movement

https://instagram.com/p/BCd8lWMBhz6/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement