Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Size would probably be a big factor but I'd love to see Khabib v Aldo, Jose has the best TD defence in mma history imo and would light khabib on fire I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think aldo v khabib would be a huge mismatch. Think khabib is too big and would maul aldo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    If what Rogan said is true, that RDA was unconscious and unresponsive for three minutes while weight cutting there's no way he should of been allowed fight. Negligence from anyone involved, sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Is there such thing as being unconscious and responsive?. I thought being unresponsive is the determining part of being unconscious?. I've never seen a responsive unconscious person anyway.
    Mellor get in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

califano wrote: »
    Is there such thing as being unconscious and responsive?. I thought being unresponsive is the determining part of being unconscious?. I've never seen a responsive unconscious person anyway.
    Mellor get in here!

Could you be unconscious but respond to certain stimuli? The auld hammer to the knee test?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Could you be unconscious but respond to certain stimuli? The auld hammer to the knee test?

usually its to the sole of the foot, the pen/pin prick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Or smelling salts are used to bring people around.

I think if someone is unresponsive they do not react to these kinds of stimulus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He was only unconscious for 3 minutes, I doubt they had smelling salts on hand to try and bring him back.

Unless there was a doctor close by I'd say they just checked his pulse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was only unconscious for 3 minutes, I doubt they had smelling salts on hand to try and bring him back.

Unless there was a doctor close by I'd say they just checked his pulse

If someone is unconscious and unresponsive for 3 minutes they are at severe risk of going into arrest and medics would assume the worst and prepare for using a defib and possibly begin CPR upon arrival.

BTW, you can be unconscious and responsive. As stated above poking the soles of the feet, shining a light in the eyes, sternum rubs or a host of other ways are used to determine responsiveness or lack there of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jonathan Liew of the Telegraph...

"Do not be fooled by Conor McGregor - UFC is the sadistic Donald Trump equivalent of elite sport"

"The UFC is huge. It's getting huger. And the whole industry and artifice that's grown up around it has convinced lots of people that this is a proper sport worth taking seriously. After all, if it looks and sounds like a sport, it probably is, right?

No, not really. It's car-park brutality. It's fringe madness. Its president is a sexist and its most famous fighter is a delusional charlatan. Giving it a primetime slot on BT Sport doesn't change that, any more than putting a racist loony in the White House doesn't make him any less racist or any less loony.

This week's column, on how the world turned a shade of UFC."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/mma/2016/11/16/do-not-be-fooled-by-conor-mcgregor---ufc-is-the-sadistic-donald/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think uninformed articles like that are best left ignored and not quoted here. Leave them to their anciently outdated opinions.

• Advertisement

What's the guesses for the London card main event? Bisping out of the picture surely he fights on ppv?

My guess is Manuwa or Gunni hopefully the later, hope to **** its not filled with Pickett Breese and people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think uninformed articles like that are best left ignored and not quoted here. Leave them to their anciently outdated opinions.

Apologies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gamebred wrote:
    My guess is Manuwa or Gunni hopefully the later, hope to **** its not filled with Pickett Breese and people like that.

Isn't breese gone from UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    What's the guesses for the London card main event? Bisping out of the picture surely he fights on ppv?

If I had to put money on it I'd guess Manuwa also. I could see Manuwa v Bader (presuming he wins at the weekend) or Manuwa v Gustafsson 2.

Hopefully we will see a bit of an Irish contingent on it too. Gunni (co-main v someone like Saffedine or maybe even Leon Edwards might be an option) and Ais would be nice.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/799015923013169152

zzz where have we heard this before, funny thing is UFC would happily let him sit out imo stupid tweet.

zzz where have we heard this before, funny thing is UFC would happily let him sit out imo stupid tweet.

he is right to take a stand to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

You'd swear he was a draw the way he's talking :rolleyes: It wouldn't surprise me if the UFC see him as more trouble than he's worth tbh..

he is right to take a stand to be fair

He's fought about twice in 2 or 3 years he has no right to call any shots with the UFC one of them being against a part time electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

brinty wrote: »
    Isn't breese gone from UFC

Seriously?

What happened? Another Tri-Star casualty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

You'd swear he was a draw the way he's talking :rolleyes: It wouldn't surprise me if the UFC see him as more trouble than he's worth tbh..

I think he actually thinks he is one! I'd honestly think dana sees this and laughs...

• Advertisement

He's fought about twice in 2 or 3 years he has no right to call any shots with the UFC one of them being against a part time electrician.

He has been injured, thats like saying cruz didnt deserve a shot. Seriously if anyone doesn't think he is a legit threat and one of a few challenges for conor they are being blinded by the fact conor is irish.

Jon Jones v Dan Henderson and Miesha Tate v Jessica Eye at Submission Underground 2 on December 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Paully D, you're not the fella from the42.ie are you? :pac:

Paully D, you're not the fella from the42.ie are you? :pac:

I've actually been asked that a couple of times.

I'm not. I'd have thought the dribble I posted on here would be proof enough as Dollery is an excellent writer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ferguson deserves the shot over Habeeb IMO. But I'd prefer if Khabib got it, I think he's the easier fight. Ferguson is much more rounded and would have a decent height + reach advantage over Conor, plus he's got an iron chin.

Either way, Conor has 2 very tough prospects to face at LW next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty sure Breese is still with the UFC, thought he planned on moving up to middleweight

Paully D wrote: »
    Jon Jones v Dan Henderson and Miesha Tate v Jessica Eye at Submission Underground 2 on December 11th.

I dont get the JJ Hendo match up? hes nearly 50 ffs whats he gonna do to Jones? its submission grappling not a wrestling match (wouldnt do **** anyway if it was)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Apologies:)

Ah no need to apologise man, I just don't like idiots like that getting clicks, they don't deserve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I dont get the JJ Hendo match up?

More a circus match-up than anything. Think it's just playing along with the storyline of JJ being the opponent Hendo always wanted to fight but never got a chance to while also letting JJ keep his name relevant during his suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He has been injured, thats like saying cruz didnt deserve a shot. Seriously if anyone doesn't think he is a legit threat and one of a few challenges for conor they are being blinded by the fact conor is irish.

Cruz was the champion who never lost his belt. He had much more of a right to a shot than a guy who had one good win ever before his injury.

Khabib looks the part but still has two good wins and has had major injuries. Ferguson deserves the shot far more in my view.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement