Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Well cowboy looks ****ed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFWqOUhDB4/

Looks fakr though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Faker than Miesha's boobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Tim Kennedy and Evans off again. According to Tim on the mma hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

How'd that happen cowboy??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

hefferboi wrote: »

He's shooting a western for Netflix called Godless, it's make-up for that.

Rashad couldn't get sanctioned to fight, hope it's nothing serious. I had a feeling the Canadian Athletic Commission might be stringent on him though considering NYSAC just prevented him from fighting and might not want to appear lax.

Hopefully Kennedy is still on the card, I'm eager to see him fight again. I'd love if Mousasi stepped up, or even Kelvin Gastellum at his proper weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hefferboi wrote: »

Hit by a makeup artist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently Rashad Evans has some form of brain damage. Apparently he's had it since a childhood injury but has probably been made worse from fighting. :(

Penns being fed to Yair; cannot wait. Jan 15th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

RIP BJ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BJ just stop, please just stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »

Says no man ever

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Mellor wrote: »

Can see BJ take a hiding here. Needs to step away. That last fight against Frankie was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

pauldoo wrote: »
    Can see BJ take a hiding here. Needs to step away. That last fight against Frankie was terrible

Just read on twitter bj hasnt won in 6 years. Yair hadnt made his debut the last time bj won a fight. Thats crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Yair isn't that good besides his kicks. But yeah BJ should stay retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Anyone know if membership with Satori in Blanch gives your membership to Animal Barbell and vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    What a crock of **** that card in OZ is the weekend.

I didn't even know who was on it apart from the main event but correctly guessed that Rich Walsh, Jake Matthews, Daniel Kelly and Dan Hooker would be on it before looking at the card. :pac:

It's almost like the UFC put the exact same card on in Australia every year. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Am I the only one who hopes BJ does well?

I can seem him mollywopping young Yair.

At the same time I can see Yair sparking him inside of 30 seconds with some mental Tatsumaki Senpukyaku looking yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

At the same time I can see Yair sparking him inside of 30 seconds with some mental Tatsumaki Senpukyaku looking yoke.

I hope BJ wins too. I don't think its as much of a squash as people think. If BJ gets him down Yair is in serious trouble. I wish they'd give him Siver/Lentz first though, and it is strange that both him and Yair train at Jacksons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I hope BJ wins too. I don't think its as much of a squash as people think. If BJ gets him down Yair is in serious trouble. I wish they'd give him Siver/Lentz first though, and it is strange that both him and Yair train at Jacksons.

Yair isn't fulltime in Jackson's thought, he was living in Izzy Martinez's basement in Illinois for ages, and I think he recently changed his camp up.

Yair isn't fulltime in Jackson's thought, he was living in Izzy Martinez's basement in Illinois for ages, and I think he recently changed his camp up.

Oh right, I thought he was with Jacksons. Greg was in his corner for the Cacres fight IIRC.

On another note, Khabib did an interview in Russian where he basically confirmed a fight between him and Tony Ferguson. Its on reddit but some guy translated it. Full interview here

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/5e73wc/some_interesting_quotes_from_khabibs_interview_to/

• Advertisement

Gastelum has been suspended by the nyac for 6 months; It only applied to NY but other states can uphold it. The plan is for him to fight at 185 v Kennedy then drop back to 170 according to his team. Its a farce if he fights at 170 again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

There's a guy with a 2-4 record on that Oz card the weekend the days of being ''ufc level'' are well and truly gone anyone can be signed now.

There's a guy with a 2-4 record on that Oz card the weekend the days of being ''ufc level'' are well and truly gone anyone can be signed now.

He's 2-3 in fairness but yeah he's probably on a TUF contract so they pay him very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Fair play for knowing it's correct name and spelling it correctly (or did you google it :) )

I think Yair might just pip it somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

TimRiggins wrote: »

TBH Siver or definitely Lentz could be a tougher fight. Yair is a prospect at this point, he's very raw. Has some nice wins but also has had some very close ones against low ranked guys like Caceres and Rosa.

Tbf, he was signed at 1-1 after TUF China

TBH Siver or definitely Lentz could be a tougher fight. Yair is a prospect at this point, he's very raw. Has some nice wins but also has had some very close ones against low ranked guys like Caceres and Rosa.

His speed will give BJ huge problems I think though. If BJ can get him down he can submit him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Noticed the NYC commission started handing out bans for missed weight cuts

Tiago Alves got a 3 month ban and Gastelum 6 months for not going to weigh in at all. Unrelated to weight Romero got a 60 day suspension for launching over the fence in celebration.

• Advertisement

Token bans, there was no chance of Yoel or Alves fighting within the ban.
    Kelvin maybe, but he deserves more than 6 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement